• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Veoviswalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Actors

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I know we have IMDb and whatnot and some of the people in AGs are actually very famous actors and actresses but anyway…

I was watching Babylon 5 (as one might deduct from my current avatar) and in one episode (season 4 finale to be exact) there was this one beautiful Japanese professor and for a while I was all “mm.. where have I seen her?” And then it hit me, “Oh my god, that’s Grace!”

So it was Joanne Takahashi. Still beautiful and still not that great of an actress Tongue. I don’t think she’s horrible and B5 certainly is not the apex of great acting but I just found it funny.

Anyone else had these revelations at some point in their life?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

I only just found out the guy who plays the annoying millionaire in the UK Euromillions adverts is the guy who plays Ethan Mars in Heavy Rain

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsJxdgLy9l2sXFg1byMoutcqTP2aXv-XwhudexMeyIsRuFGsuu

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Here’s a nice one from the actor most people consider the real star of GK2: Peter Lucas aka Von Glower. He played a pretty important (and disturbing) role in Inland Empire by David Lynch. http://chud.com/nextraimages/inland_empire_screen (4).JPG

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I can’t remember much about the game since I played it quite a few years ago, but it, or at least the part I remember, took place in a monastery and there was a female narrator who’s distinctive voice I got to know very well while solving a puzzle having to do with busts of the former monks (?) as I recall.  She’s now doing voiceovers for ommercials and I smile to myself in recognition every time I hear her.

byw, I’d like to replay that that game if any of you know what the heck it was.  The busts may have concerned themselves with the seven deadly sins.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I can’t remember much about the game since I played it quite a few years ago, but it, or at least the part I remember, took place in a monastery and there was a female narrator who’s distinctive voice I got to know very well while solving a puzzle having to do with busts of the former monks (?), as I recall.  She’s now doing voiceovers for ommercials and I smile to myself in recognition every time I hear her.

btw, I’d like to replay that that game if any of you know what the heck it was.  The busts may have concerned themselves with the seven deadly sins.  You matched the sins with the busts.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh, I found both Pascal Langdale and Peter Lucas very good actors, and sexy too Yum.

Beast Within is full of actors we’ve seen elsewhere. I noticed even Dean Erickson as a bartender in Frasier. And Brad Greenquist I’ve seen everywhere.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I think it’s great that I experience these “OMG! That guy/girl was in [insert Adventure Game]!!!” moments with games that aren’t FMV, especially L.A. Noire.
While playing L.A. Noire I recognized a bunch of the actors from other movies/series, and now it’s the other way around: I occasionally recognize someone who was in L.A. Noire in a movie/series. When that happens, I tend to immediately check the IMDb to verify… Tongue

While not an adventure game voice actor per se (I know him primarily from KotOR and Mass Effect RPGs), I instantly recognize Raphael Sbarge‘s voice when he has a minor role in a series…
And I jumped up last year when I recognized his voice in a bit part in Grim Fandango! (I failed to recognize him in the two other bit parts he was credited for, though)
Sadly it’s the only adventure game on his resumé. At least according to the IMDb…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m rather bad at recognising only voices, I can only spot a few very distinguishing ones.

L.A. Noire is of course filled with great actors, including one of my favourites, John Noble.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top