• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Vampyre Story: Year One - Kickstarter Launched

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Update: Kickstarter is live.

Dag - 01 June 2013 04:38 AM

AND IT’S ALIVE!!! Grin

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/876324751/a-vampyre-story-year-one

With a modest goal of $200.000. This is a kickstarter I’ll be following closely! Smile

Original post:

Seems like the kickstarter will go live tomorrow noon-ish. I can’t wait! I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time.  Fingers crossed for a successful run Grin
Here’s a temporary box cover design:

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Also, this:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Please be free to post any news of the game to the AVS playthrough as well! Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

A Vampyre Story was an okay game, not great, but also not something I’d be willing to back either. I might buy it at some point, if this gets made, but it really isn’t very hight on my most wanted list.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 30 May 2013 12:32 PM

A Vampyre Story was an okay game, not great, but also not something I’d be willing to back either. I might buy it at some point, if this gets made, but it really isn’t very hight on my most wanted list.

I agree, though i personally haven’t decided whether or not i will back it yet.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

I’m definitely backing. I really enjoyed the original, and a prequel is actually exactly what I’ve been looking for. I and a friend liked Shrowdy a lot, so we were a bit disappointed with what happened to him right in the start. This could fill a need.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved this game - glad to see that there is a chance for a second one.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Am I a dick for hoping they recast the main character in the prequel?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

AstroChicken - 30 May 2013 08:31 PM

Am I a dick for hoping they recast the main character in the prequel?

Well, no, but I’m keeping fingers crossed for Froderick’s voice recast even more.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

The AVS fundraiser may not begin quite that soon. It’s coming shortly, but Bill Tiller says it’s currently going through KS’s own review process, which could take up to a few days.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll see if I pledge after the community playthrough.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

AND IT’S ALIVE!!! Grin

With a modest goal of $200.000. This is a kickstarter I’ll be following closely! Smile

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Dag - 01 June 2013 04:38 AM

AND IT’S ALIVE!!! Grin

I’ll centainly back this.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The $100 tier includes a video lesson on “How to Illustrate The Bill Tiller Way”. I got to have that! Grin

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Backed for eight bucks. Seems like Bill is slightly lowballing his own games worth - will be hard to reach 200k if a lot of people stick to pledging 8 bucks, but honestly all the other rewards doesn’t really interest me.

If I were him I’d put the game at 15 bucks and (if it were possible) put the game + the original A Vampyre Story at 30 bucks. I would have happily bought that.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

$8 is very low indeed, maybe that should have been an ‘early bird’ price with $12 or so the normal price. I’ve backed it as I like to support the genre. I own A Vampyre Story but haven’t played it yet.

OTOH you have this other new adventure game on Kickstarter asking $20 with no reputation (that I know of) behind the creators: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulofmystery/soul-of-mystery-an-initiation-adventure-game-ios-a (does look quite interesting though)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top