• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuNelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

A little perspective anyone?

$15 dollars is about the cost of one meal.  Something I eat once and then SHIT OUT LATER.  And the people who made it didn’t spend a year of their life doing it.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

20 bucks sounds reasonable price. It’ll drop pretty soon I’m sure, but for a launch price pretty reasonable. And this way the backers won’t get to bitch about how they “paid a full price” when they backed.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I’m surprised at what people expect to pay for things today.  I think $20 for a game is more than reasonable.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I think $20 bucks for a video game that’s going to give me many hours of interactive entertainment value is not just reasonable, it’s downright cheap.  I pay more than that for a new movie on Bluray, and that’s what?  A two hour non-interactive experience plus extras (which are usually crappy gimmicks?)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ahh and ,,
$9.99 for iOS and Android.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I spent $10 on a latte and a pastry this afternoon at my local coffee shop.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

and the sad thing is that iOS and Android users will ignore it until it hits $0.99 on a special week

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

wilco - 09 May 2013 05:03 PM

and the sad thing is that iOS and Android users will ignore it until it hits $0.99 on a special week

Quoted for truth!

Bt

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I believe people find the quality apps and are willing to pay for quality.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

‘Those people who pledged $75 or more during my Kickstarter campaign should get to start beta testing TODAY!’

Fuuuu,
and i will wait ‘til the end of May Frown

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I pledged $100, so I guess I could go have a look at the beta, but quite honestly, I’d rather wait for the finished version.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Managed to blow through the beta in a couple of hours. I only hit one real snag and it was more a matter of not knowing how to tell the game what I wanted to do than not knowing the solution to the puzzle.

It’s kind of a LSL Hard Mode. All the old puzzles are there, but there are also new ones and new complications to the old ones. Other than making death inconsequential, it doesn’t seem like they really went into it looking to smooth out the rough spots as much as just expand the game a bit. It’s pretty faithful, right down to some of the stuff that probably should have been cleaned up (like the pointless cheap deaths for merely walking off screen, and the having to wait around for certain characters to randomly appear).

The writing and voice acting are really good, though. The whole game has been re-written, and almost everything you do has a unique response, and the writing in general is very funny. For hardcore adventure fans like most people here, that’s probably going to be the bottom line. It’s just maybe not the best game for newcomers.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Most indies make the majority of their money off digital distribution during sales anyway. Even better if it gets bundled with a few other games.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 16 May 2013 08:31 PM

The writing and voice acting are really good, though. The whole game has been re-written, and almost everything you do has a unique response, and the writing in general is very funny. For hardcore adventure fans like most people here, that’s probably going to be the bottom line. It’s just maybe not the best game for newcomers.

You always make very good points, and I’m interested to know what you think should be improved upon in Larry 2 Reloaded after playing this one. I only took the smallest peak at the Beta (want to wait for final), since I was very curious to hear the narrator, which I was very happy with.

Anyway, I assume you think the rough puzzles should be cleaned up a bit more.

What I’d really like to see is better, smoother animation. It seems too jerky and unpolished in Larry 1 Reloaded. May have been due to limited budget. Also would like more NPC’s filling up the screens and walking around, so the world doesn’t seem so desolate. Also, a longer intro and conclusion and more cutscenes would be good.

As for the writing: excellent. There is so much great dialogue and narrator description (and I have only seen a small portion so far).

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I’m surprised that they didn’t clean up some of the more archaic aspects of some of the puzzles.  Especially given the way Al Lowe AND Josh Mandel have both previously lamented that type of puzzle design in some of the old games.  Unless I’m remembering the last 10 years or so’s worth of random interviews wrong… Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top