• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 22 April 2013 09:59 PM

Finally Confirmed Leisure Suit Larry HD targeting May 31 release

Beautiful news.

Some nice details from that article:

“We should be in beta this week,” Trowe said. “We need to get all the bugs and game freezes out of the way, and maybe do pickup lines with the actors that may have been missed. We’ll get the game to about 7,500 of our Kickstarter backers for the beta test, and they’ll also be testing foreign language versions as well.”

Trowe said that the beta should last about two weeks, maybe less, but he is optimistic everything will be ready by the end of May to get the game out to the public. “The odds are in our favor that we can come in before that,” he said. The game will sell for $19.99 for PC, Mac and Linux when it is released.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Quest1 its kinda sad that no one cares about larry here but me and you Frown

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Advie - 22 April 2013 10:55 PM

I had doubts about Paul Trowe’s attitude during the kickstarter, but I have to say that he has done a great job in getting the game out with no hiccups at all. Very impressed.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Aw, I don’t think that’s true. I think it is more just that a project that is hitting its goals and getting completed in impressive fashion doesn’t provide the same amount of fodder for online forum debates.

It’s very telling that the recent discussions about the Pinkerton Kickstarter, for example, are “what even is the unnamed project that was supposed to have already been released? Who is making it, and is it even still coming out?” VS. for the Larry Reloaded project, “Should the voice pack be included with the mobile download, or as an additional add-on, in-app purchase?”  Says it all right there. Still, I am confident Pinkerton/Mystery Publisher will be at the release stage in the not-too-distant future, as well.

I’m so glad that Larry is all set to go on Steam after having already been Greenlit.

And I just want to reiterate again how much I often prefer hand-drawn animation (like what this Larry Reloaded has) to 3D. The hand-drawn animation is very time-consuming and costly, but so very worth it from a player’s perspective. It has such a timeless quality to it.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

There’s very little to talk about with LSLR at the moment. Despite some shaky moments in the beginning Replay has managed to be among the more professional developers with the whole process. The game has been developed in a good fashion, updates have been timely, and overall process seems to have been pretty smooth.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Some interesting morsels which Josh Mandel posted over at the Replay forum:

Regarding Larry Loveage, the character from MCL and BOB

You will find exactly one reference to Larry Loveage in LSLR; I’m not going to tell you where it is, and we don’t mention him by name, but if you find it, you’ll ABSOLUTELY know who we’re talking about!

Josh

On nudity in the game

Hey, all,

Al and I made the game *precisely* as dirty as we wanted it to be…no more, no less. We were in absolute agreement about all the decisions made regarding how much to show, and when, and under what circumstances. Apple and the other distributors ended up not factoring into it.

I’ll say this much: those of you who are looking for *full* frontal nudity will be disappointed. However, those of you who are hoping to see more than you’d see at Victoria’s Secret will *not* be disappointed. I don’t think anybody will come away from this game feeling that it’s been “neutered,” and I don’t think anyone’s going to mistake it for a game appropriate for kids in any way, shape, or form, even with parental guidance.

—Josh

Sounds like there will be some fun little hidden treasures and messages to find in the game. :-)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie, LSL-Reloaded is probably my second most anticipated upcoming game of 2013 (Schafer’s game being the nr.1). LSL-1 was one of the first games I ever played in my life, and it holds a very dear spot in my heart. I can’t wait for the opportunity to play an up to date version of it. I think it looks absolutely brilliant, I love the graphics, I’m thrilled that they are doing hand-drawn animations instead of the usual unaestethic 3D (my opinion) or the stick figure business that DFA is doing. It looks like it’s gonna be a true old-style adventure tailored to my preferences. Really, I haven’t been this eager about an adventure release in a very long time. You are definitely not alone in being excited about LSL Reloaded Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I also find myself getting pretty pumped for this. It’s higher on my list than I expected, although it’s still behind Broken Age and Tex.

Pretty much all the Kickstarter adventures I’ve backed are shaping up better than I expected, at least in terms of quality (if not rate of progress).

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I’m excited to see the new content and expanded work Josh Mandel has done on this.  Seriously - he’s one funny dude. I expect a bunch of laughs from his work.

And as much as I love Larry 1, this project has me more excited to see more work in the future from Josh - and for, hopefully, a remake/re imagining of LSL2.  I love that game, and I’d love to see what Josh could do to redesign and improve its flaws.

Bt

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve said it at a couple of other forums, LSL2 remake is the one I am waiting for the most from all the possible LSL remakes. It has a great plot and a good spyspoof feel in it, but it’s structually a flawed game, that has a tendency to lead into dead ends.

As far gameplay goes there’s very little to actually “fix” in LSL3 and the rest of the series can see mostly as a graphical update rather than major gameplay or plot tweaking. LSL5 might be a an exception, as it’s pretty short and relatively easy game.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I need to play the LSL1 remake before I can say if 2 would be a good idea. LSL1 still had some pretty retarded design flaws, like killing you if you went off-screen in the wrong direction, and it seems like Reloaded hasn’t fixed those at all. LSL2 is too broken for that kind of “remake.” It needs to be totally rethought from the ground up, not just tweaking some puzzles.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dag - 24 April 2013 08:15 AM

LSL-1 was one of the first games I ever played in my life, and it holds a very dear spot in my heart.

ME TOO!! imagine, this how i was introduced to Adventure gaming .

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 24 April 2013 03:54 PM

ME TOO!! imagine, this how i was introduced to Adventure gaming .

ME THREE!!!

But it took Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis to make me REALLY fall in love with the genre.
Always liked the Larry games, though. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. 

I just came.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top