• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRosezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 03 June 2013 04:41 PM

From a recent update, the whole new soundtrack is now available: http://austinwintory.bandcamp.com/album/leisure-suit-larry-reloaded

Pretty sweet tunes.

Thanks man , that is fun really Grin

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

tomimt - 03 June 2013 04:41 PM

From a recent update, the whole new soundtrack is now available: http://austinwintory.bandcamp.com/album/leisure-suit-larry-reloaded

Pretty sweet tunes.

I LOVE Track 13, the Club 69 theme with the synthey 80’s sound. Roland MT32ish.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Quest as you are here, what do think of my post about the reviewer?!
was i totally unfair describing him, picky i know for Sure.. but was i being such an ass or those points i mentioned i mean more oppression than telling the truth (i am not considering to add imo to what i said) ... and i just can not judge myself so actually would/do trust your opinion.. however it is !

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 03 June 2013 07:42 PM

Quest as you are here, what do think of my post about the reviewer?!
was i totally unfair describing him, picky i know for Sure.. but was i being such an ass or those points i mentioned i mean more oppression than telling the truth (i am not considering to add imo to what i said) ... and i just can not judge myself so actually would/do trust your opinion.. however it is !

I think you are 150% right!  :-). You said it all very well.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Quest1 .. for a moment after submitting that post i felt like .... Like a Nazi, lol.
but thanks for making me feel ...(hmm…) alright about myself, tho i am sure diego or maybe someone else will be disagreeing with me if not about the content of the post/points maybe about the attitude.
anyways i said what i wanted to explain.
thanks again Quest#1, you are the man Wink  Thumbs Up

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I agree. I loved what you said about deciding to not comment on what he said about the narrator because you don’t want to be banned from the site.

For people interested, here is a nice video from the music recording session:

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sure, i really think it IS a crime what the reviewer had said here

‘The whole thing is narrated for some reason’

... Some reason? .. oh god! DAMN IT
that alone tells how the reviewer haven’t any knowledge that can even qualify him to play adventure games not to mention writing about! ... zilch !

and all this if to be turned into anything positive is being grateful for the exsistance of AG.com and its uncompetitive remaining standards ... really Long Live Adventuregamers .

Nice video Quest1, i thought Al has a part (as an experienced saxophonist with at the recordings of reloaded sessions) but who knows maybe he is! .. anyway loved the nostalgic feeling given by the mix of the original Roland Mt-32 theme quality and the new the digital recordings its just sensational/PERFECT !!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Gotta say this. My first gripe of the night and it’s probably a mean thing to say it and I’m completely unqualified in this area but….

I’m not digging the soundtrack. Now that totally paints me as a pleb because Austin Wintory is a genius and was nominated for a Grammy and I prefer the elevator music of Larry 3 and 5 to this - but the tone is a little off for me.

Disregarding the theme, which I do enjoy despite feeling somewhat anti-climactic… The whole soundtrack feels very introspective and ominous like a Coen Brother’s movie. It’s Lost Wages, not Miller’s Crossing.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I hear what you’re saying.  I never pictured Leisure Suit Larry as a “Big Band” kind of theme.  I always imagined it to be more of a sleazy, run-down, back room four piece jazz quartet.  Larry’s wanna-be Vegas, not Vegas.

The soundtrack is good - but I agree, it just feels a little off, tonally, to me.  I’m particular about my music, though.

Bt

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Blackthorne - 04 June 2013 09:37 AM

I hear what you’re saying.  I never pictured Leisure Suit Larry as a “Big Band” kind of theme.  I always imagined it to be more of a sleazy, run-down, back room four piece jazz quartet.  Larry’s wanna-be Vegas, not Vegas.

The soundtrack is good - but I agree, it just feels a little off, tonally, to me.  I’m particular about my music, though.

Bt

Very well said, could not agree more.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you guy ever heard of full soundtracks .. those full (big band) tracks not necessarily heard within a game/a movie maybe only some secs or a significant part of one track ..
but unless someone doesn’t like the orchestra jazz sub-genere in the 1st place, then that is something else .. i myself not big a fan of jazz unless its heard live with real musicians

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I know this is the “Full Soundtrack”, and even if little bits are heard - to me, it’s still just tonal off.  It’s 50’s and 60’s Big-Band Vegas Style. 

Lost Wages, and Larry himself, always felt a little more cheap, run-down, and knock off to me.  Bad late 70’s Jazz Quartet… drums, stand up bass, piano and sax… The Larry Theme in this is more teased and subdued - and it has call and response brass in it… eh, just doesn’t feel right to me.  Though the music is lovely, well written, and well produced, just for my musical and personal taste - it doesn’t feel right.

Bt

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Blackthorne - 05 June 2013 09:11 AM

I know this is the “Full Soundtrack”, and even if little bits are heard - to me, it’s still just tonal off.  It’s 50’s and 60’s Big-Band Vegas Style. 

Lost Wages, and Larry himself, always felt a little more cheap, run-down, and knock off to me.

Early Larry or late Larry? Big difference between Larry in LSL1 and LSL7. I can’t remember what the music was in LSL7 but Big Band could have suited it, and judging how Larry in Reloaded looks much more later rather than earlier…

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Oscar - 05 June 2013 09:28 AM
Blackthorne - 05 June 2013 09:11 AM

Lost Wages, and Larry himself, always felt a little more cheap, run-down, and knock off to me.

Early Larry or late Larry? Big difference between Larry in LSL1 and LSL7. I can’t remember what the music was in LSL7 but Big Band could have suited it, and judging how Larry in Reloaded looks much more later rather than earlier…

Yeah, I’m definitely talking early Larry.  I was just discussing this with a friend - how the tone of the early Larry games (1-3) was very different from the later ones.  I definitely prefer the tone of the earlier games.  It was less…. broad, I think.  Though I still enjoy the later ones, there was a different kind of focus that was more fun and irreverent in a different way than the later games.

Bt

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yeah, I don’t know what they’re doing. The way Larry himself looks is 100% wrong for the tone of LSL1. But from what I understand it’s more of a ‘reimagining’ than a remake. Which makes it even more confusing why the story and all the locations look to be the same.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top