• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuNelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I know nothing about game development in Israel, but I think it would be helpful to be able visit the developers in person occasionally, at least during the first time working with them. It’s one thing to just outsource backgrounds or some animation, but in this case it would have been the whole game.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Blackthorne - 21 May 2013 09:09 AM

I think this projects been a success, really.  I just hope it sells well beyond the KS backers!  I’m interested to see how that does.

Bt

Word.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Here’s a screenshot of an email I got from Amazon recommending I take a look at the new LSL game. Check out the first of the list of recommended titles. No, that is not a cheap-looking paint-by-numbers children’s coloring book being advertised with pixelated art and a logo which can’t be read; that’s the new Larry Reloaded game! It pains me to see them use art which doesn’t reflect the quality of the game. I want this game to do very well, and that art isn’t helping.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

don’t ask why .. but i believe Paul Trowe (the beta tester) can hold any better for People like Al , lets just hope he wont affect the marketing of Reloaded so bad.

i have nothing against him he is enthusiastic and young (still) but i have noticed many times how he cries out to get the same attention as Al does ...and that is not healthy !

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-04-12

PM

Auch! That looks really painful to watch! And… “Action games”? Next to “Thief”? Weird…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Is that Preview
full of shit or what! .. some people need to understand something if you dont like a game do not preview it and try sound fair .

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 03 June 2013 08:08 AM

Is that Preview
full of shit or what! .. some people need to understand something if you dont like a game do not preview it and try sound fair .

I don’t think the “reviewer” finished the game. I also expected worse after seeing your post. Still, I agree the preview wasn’t well done, though it was pretty positive about the game. When I saw the dumb “‘misogynistic” description, I thought, “oh, here we go…” But the preview didn’t bash the game. Spent too much time on the questions, though. Nothing in the preview told me the author played for more than 30 minutes. He also got his facts wrong about the 1987 game’s interface and MI 1:SE’s interface. The author seemed to want to come off as witty and cool.

One thing that can’t be denied about this game (and that the author had no choice but to mention) is that the writing is very funny and well-done. Josh Mandel is the man.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 31 May 2013 10:45 AM

don’t ask why .. but i believe Paul Trowe (the beta tester) can hold any better for People like Al , lets just hope he wont affect the marketing of Reloaded so bad.

i have nothing against him he is enthusiastic and young (still) but i have noticed many times how he cries out to get the same attention as Al does ...and that is not healthy !

You have a way with words. I love reading your comments. “Paul Trowe, the beta tester.” That just sounds funny. He’s also now the CEO of Replay, of course. Trowe probably has many talents, but I don’t think he should be writing the updates. In writing he comes across as very immature. His “guys, pleazzze don’t hate me!! I know I am going to get more hate mail over this” update was followed by many comments saying, essentially, “Paul, it’s so terrible you get hate mail. Don’t worry, Paul, we understand!” His latest update felt kind of…. manipulative? But maybe all those comments prove his style works? Just my thoughts. I could be way off. Still, I would prefer a more mature tone. Al and Josh are much better with the updates.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think Trowe tends to paint a picture of himself as a misunderstood martyr. He’s simply just not very good spokesperson and often comes out as a bit whiny. I think after LSL:R is out, he should just be a silent CEO and leave the publicity for other people.

He must have other talents, as he did manage to not only get remake rights, but also Josh, Al and N-Fusion on board as well.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Trowe is a passionate guy, I believe his heart is in the right place, and surely he’s a big part of the reason why we’re being so fortunate as to experience Larry’s revival, but (and I don’t like saying this) he doesn’t have that charm and charisma that both Al and Josh possesses. I agree, he’d be better off letting Josh and Al do the updates, but to make that decision, he’d have to admit to some personal weaknesses, and that may be tough to do.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I haven’t really been following LSL now and I didn’t even pledge for (I would have if my wallet hadn’t been so empty at that point) but for some reason now I’m actually anticipating this Grin. I guess my inner little perv has risen her head.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 03 June 2013 08:08 AM

Is that Preview

I like to visit that site actually from time to time (neat and fast design, and they seem okayish towards adventure in their reviews - they’ve just given 9 to The Night of the Rabbit), but I agree the preview is nothing spectacular, though I’ve seen much worse. I don’t know what exactly is bothering you (you’re bigger expert than me when it comes to the original Larrys, I’ve played only Larry 7) but I think it’s an OK average informative preview.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

From a recent update, the whole new soundtrack is now available: http://austinwintory.bandcamp.com/album/leisure-suit-larry-reloaded

Pretty sweet tunes.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Quest1 - 31 May 2013 02:04 AM

i cant wait to play “lecture sub lacey: beloabed”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 03 June 2013 04:14 PM

but I agree the preview is nothing spectacular, though I’ve seen much worse. I don’t know what exactly is bothering you (you’re bigger expert than me when it comes to the original Larrys, I’ve played only Larry 7) but I think it’s an OK average informative preview.

i guess (as i am cooler now) that the previewer is trying hard to be fair (sounds good? you think… NO not at all!) when he doesn’t like(even hate maybe) the game and that quite obvious at several all things he wrote.

Notice: all the italic text between two apostrophes are quoted from the preview exactly .

1 as Quest1 mentioned Larry was never “misogynistic” .
2.‘controls to be similar as in 1987 as it was text based commands back then!’??? (crap he didn’t even have his homework done before writing the preview!
3. warning women with saying ‘If you’re a woman, please don’t read any further’ its the most dumb thing i had EVER read in a (p)review and i can say(imagine) anything more dumb not even in a 100 years to come…
4 ‘Started in April 2012, the publisher Replay asked for $500,000 dollars and got $655,182. Not an epic amount by Double Fine standards’ WTF! are he previewing the kickstarter, is that an article in case i didn’t notice or its just his stupid remarks suggesting how LSL:Reloaded is unworthy of its kickstarter goal that had been achieved (yes he didn’t say that out loud but i think have a gift of reading between the lines words.
5. also as quest mentioned ‘Nothing in the preview told me the author played for more than 30 minutes’!!!!.
6 ‘disappointing that it’s not a brand new outing for Larry, but Lowe has stated that Reloaded will be “more than just a remake”. Let’s see if he was telling the truth’ this guy needs to find a new job seriously .
7. ‘played the original when he was 5’!  who are you fooling?
8.’The whole thing is narrated for some reason, probably because 25 years ago words had to explain what the graphics couldn’t’ can anyone comment on this one instead of me .. i do not wanna be banned of this site.
9.Age Confirming Questions are bothering him so much ... how pity!
10. he keeps saying 25 years about the time between the original(1986) and reloaded (2013)?!! woow that guys is something .
11. ‘I’m not sure if the narrator works to be honest, but adds so much unnecessarily hilarious detail and makes even knocking on a door or paying a taxi driver funny’ and again he fails to pretend to pretend fairness!
12.‘will be out on PC, Mac and iOS devices (not that we care about that last lot here at Strategy Informer)’ woow who states something like this when he can even better bypass it ,he needs a doctor urgently even before finding a new job ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top