• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So I assume the game length hasn’t chnaged that drastically despite the new puzzles.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 17 May 2013 02:36 AM

So I assume the game length hasn’t chnaged that drastically despite the new puzzles.

Not drastically, but a bit. It feels like it’s maybe 15% longer on account of all the new puzzles, but all the old puzzles are there and pretty much the same, just with added steps, so if you played through it recently, you’ll blow through this pretty fast. It reminds me of playing Curse of Monkey Island on easy and then on hard. It’s that kind of thing.

There’s one puzzle in particular that they made worse though, at least for new players. It makes sense if you already know where an item is supposed to be from playing the previous versions, but if you don’t even know that item exists it might be frustrating. The hammer in the dumpster at Lefty’s can no longer be found by just searching, there’s an extra thing you have to do that’s less obvious. You need the hammer to complete the bungee puzzle, but if you don’t know that, and you don’t know that there’s a hammer in the game, this seems very unintuitive. It’s unfortunate because if they didn’t mess with it, it would have been fine. It could still be fixed by having someone tell you about where the item is so you know to keep looking, but they’re probably past the point of worrying about design stuff like that this late into development.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Been going through again and just trying silly verb/item combinations. It’s crazy how many unique lines there are. There are a lot of jokes to find!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

See, this is what I’ve been doing. I’ve been playing for about 2-3 hours on my first playthrough and haven’t MET ANY OF THE GIRLS yet. I am very slow, anyway, though, but still…there’s a lot of great humour to be unravelled here.

I’ve just been doing every conceivable thing I can do and finding all the wonderful jokes and lines that have been put into the thing.

Love the narrator. Is absolutely perfect. Talking to the mermaid above the door eliciting a particular favourite response of mine. 

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game has been delayed for a month according to the latest update to iron out the bugs they found in the beta.
Not really a problem in my opinion. Better to release it when it’s ready than to constantly be updating it.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Indeed not a problem as we know the game is in beta phase and the delay is to make the game much stabler. If they’d release a bug ridden game right now it would just do more harm on then than good.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, I will be happy to get a more polished final release, even if it means waiting another month. I also hope the additional month gives them more time to come up with additional marketing material for Steam, a really amazing trailer, etc.

Anyway, though I have no problem with the delay, I cringe whenever I read the updates written by Paul Trowe. They are so excruciating sometimes. They’re like, “Please, please, please, please don’t be mad at me. I’m so sorry. You all hate me. OMG I’m going to hide under my covers now. I just know you’re going to hate me….” And they take forever just getting to the point.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

We’re spoilt for choice these days anyway, so I’d happily wait till they feel the game is ready to be released. I got loads of games to play while I wait Wink

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, it’s not really a big deal. Releasing in May or June doesn’t really make a difference since it’s not a busy time of year. No one wants a buggy release. These things can be hard to predict when you don’t have access to a large QA department like the big publishers have.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 17 May 2013 09:37 PM

Been going through again and just trying silly verb/item combinations. It’s crazy how many unique lines there are. There are a lot of jokes to find!

I know, right? I’m very much in awe of the talent responsible for coming with it all. A lot of very, very clever lines in this game. I think we can safely say Josh Mandel is a bona fide genius. If any of you haven’t played Freddy Pharkas (or haven’t played it recently), another game he wrote, I suggest you give it a run through and take your time and savor all the extra descriptive detail put into that one as well.

You know what would be an epic pairing? Tim Schafer and Josh Mandel co-designing and co-writing a new comedy adventure game.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah - you know, I know everyone wants it quicker, but it is better to have a less buggy product in the end.  At least they’re being transparent and honest about it.  I think that they’ve actually done an amazing job of keeping a decent schedule, even though it varied from their initial estimates and they’ve been great about their updates and keeping people involved.

I think this projects been a success, really.  I just hope it sells well beyond the KS backers!  I’m interested to see how that does.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Blackthorne - 21 May 2013 09:09 AM

I think this projects been a success, really.  I just hope it sells well beyond the KS backers!  I’m interested to see how that does.

Bt

I agree 100%! That’s why it kills me to see some of the marketing/promotional art they’ve been using. (Don’t even get me started on that damn Larry Reloaded box cover art contest winner again.) I think the way they market the game on Steam, in particular, will be important. Nothing wrong with putting a little sexiness into the marketing. Anyway, I’m confident it will be a success!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

After watching this Video about N-Fusion i was glad for that these guys are the one making LSL-Reloaded ...

Edited

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 26 May 2013 10:43 AM

After watching this Video about N-Fusion i was glad for that these guys are the one making LSL-Reloaded ...

Edited

They have done an amazing job.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I too was thinking why Replay originally chose a Isreali based company to do the game, but I recently had a course handeling outsourcing at the university and from there I learned, that Israeli software companies do a lot of work for US companies. On some sources it was stated, that Isreali software business can be almost seen as US software business because of how much business they do with US.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top