• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

wilco - 09 April 2013 03:48 PM

Great news it’s coming out next month.
How is it going to be distributed to the backers? Download through the site and Steam code?

Steam, GOG or through their own site. Backers can choose what they prefer.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 09 April 2013 06:39 PM

Steam, GOG or through their own site. Backers can choose what they prefer.

Thanks. Didn’t know about it was also on Gog. Cool. And I’m glad this got Greenlighted on Steam early.

This was a great turnaround for the project after some initial bad press. Hope they go with Lsl 2 and 3 remake immediately after this.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Backers on the Replay Games forum are discussing the issue of whether the voice pack should be offered separately for the mobile versions.( https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=852 ) For non-mobile versions, the voices are all included. I think the issue is that the game, with its ultra high-res graphics and fully voiced dialogue and narration, is at least a couple GB. Do you guys think that the game’s size would dissuade many people from purchasing? Or would offering the voice pack separately possibly upset people who had been waiting specifically for the mobile version?

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m pretty sure the idea behind it is offering the game cheaper on iOS and what not, and if you want the voice pack you can buy that as an extra item. People often avoid games that cost too much on phones and tablets, so it might be a good strategy.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Quest1 - 10 April 2013 12:03 AM

Backers on the Replay Games forum are discussing the issue of whether the voice pack should be offered separately for the mobile versions.( https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=852 ) For non-mobile versions, the voices are all included. I think the issue is that the game, with its ultra high-res graphics and fully voiced dialogue and narration, is at least a couple GB. Do you guys think that the game’s size would dissuade many people from purchasing? Or would offering the voice pack separately possibly upset people who had been waiting specifically for the mobile version?

I don’t see what drawback there is to offering it seperately. Options are always good.

Although I think the idea there is more about getting more money from people than it is saving space, which is a losing battle in mobile. Generally speaking with mobile, it’s best just to bite the bullet and sell your game for $8 or less, and enjoy stronger sales.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Reloaded (Demo Reel) Heart Eyes  Heart

And ... *Ahem How old are you anyway?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

lol, Advie Grin

The game looks like it’s gonna be super awesome, Josh has probably made sure there’s tons of stuff to interact with, the environmental art is beautiful, and I love the hand-drawn animations. I’m also happy to see that they’re using the old Larry interface, zipper included Wink Possibly my second most anticipated kickstarter, and the waiting time is almost over! Grin

I do hope the final version will have pop-up texts when you hover the cursor over hotspots though.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Advie - 11 April 2013 09:23 AM

Reloaded (Demo Reel) Heart Eyes  Heart

And ... *Ahem How old are you anyway?

Boy, that reminds me of what age bracket I lied about when I first played it, and what age bracket I’m going to lie about being this time around.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The dialogue in this game looks great. I really cannot wait for the final release to hear the voices.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Larry Backer T-Shirts by Dark Horse Ink

Are those All XL Sizes? Smile

Off-Topic: My Heart with all Boston People

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 15 April 2013 06:55 PM

Larry Backer T-Shirts by Dark Horse Ink

Are those All XL Sizes? Smile

Off-Topic: My Heart with all Boston People

I feel emotional and excited when I think about how close we are to the release. It has been such a pleasure following the Larry Reloaded updates over the last year. The team has certainly done Larry justice. Bravo to the brilliant Josh Mandel, Al Lowe and all the rest over there.

Their latest update:  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisuresuitlarry/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again/posts/455123

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Same feeling here Quest1 ,let me share some thoughts with you as i am speaking Smile
its seems that this campaign was right on foot the day they reached their target ...
i also like how the process going as a team where Al with Josh and lately Paul (polishing the project) ..one after one taking the lead or the front which makes the development feels fresh all the time they actually booming and there a lot of new energetic young people work from N-Fusion also on the game ... they actually have the greatest feedback from all the Kickstarted Projects at least ‘til now, News ,interviews and Previews .. even on FB they had been gathering a lot of new fans who might not even heard of LSL .. you can smell there is a wonderful spirit at the kitchen they didn’t get the same figures as Tim of course but all same it feels they not leaving any resource that would help them giving a great product at the end and that shows from the start when Al changed the developer which if you get me they are not taking just the 1st or the easy resource they are being picky and determined, not as another Campaign (don’t wanna mention its name for there are people from it around here) ... even they started hinting for LSL2 !! or whatever the 2nd larry will be ... the whole picture is wonderful.

i just wish them all the Best From Al, Josh ,Paul ReplyGames and N-fusion for their best and our’s of course .. on top of everything;)

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 15 April 2013 10:09 PM

i just wish them all the Best From Al, Josh ,Paul ReplyGames and N-fusion for their best and our’s of course .. on top of everything;)

Beautifully said. I agree with every word you wrote.

Every other week I would look forward to the bi-weekly email updates. The ones from Josh were always my favorite, since he usually cut straight to the chase and shared lots of good info in a very humorous way, but I enjoyed all the updates. Josh always made me feel reassured. Anything with Al and Josh involved will be quality. Looking forward to all their future work!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Paul Trowe on Reloaded !

We kept the locations and the story the same but all the puzzles have changed. The inventory is different

Sounds Awesome!!!

Also
Read about that and more Infos concerning the Deadelic’s 3 awaited titles Goodbye Deponia, The Night of the Rabbit ,and 1954: Alcatraz that they were discussed within the Game Developers Conference 2013 18/April .

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Apparently they put in several new Easter eggs, too. I am sure there will be some especially, *ahem*, interesting ones.

I am going to have to tell myself not to look at any hints or “let’s play” videos when I play the new LSL for the first time. I am always so tempted to cheat, but this is one I want to try to beat totally on my own. I’ll save the cheating for the Easter egg look-ups. ;-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top