• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My brand new boxed copy of the game (version 1.0 with Windows set up disc for XP, Vista & 7) arrived.  I’ve been trying to get it installed on my iMac using Boxer, but so far, no luck due to sound problems.  I have an email in to the creator of Boxer to see what can be done.  If I can get it running, I’ll catch up as soon as I can.  If not, I’ll have a nice copy of the game to pass on to someone.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Well, this is definitely worth making an account for.
Got 2,3,4,5,9,10 down so far…

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

.....oh,yeah-that means I would like to join the playthrough.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Sorry everyone, I had late shift this week which means no play time. I will hopefully get some time this week to get the game installed and get playing!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok people!!

Time to (officially) start to help friends!!

You know what to do!!
Go and get Pyotr to Callahan’s!!
You have until 17/2 to finish this first chapter. 2 weeks is plenty of time.
Don’t forget to try everything with/to everyone!!

For those (few, from what I see) people who got stuck on the word contest or haven’t started the game yet, there is still plenty of time to catch up with the others. Remember: There is always a chance that the answer is something totally unknown to you. Google is your friend.

Duck of Doom - 02 February 2013 07:18 PM

.....oh,yeah-that means I would like to join the playthrough.

Your presence is a curse on this playthrough. Welcome however. Smile

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

I managed to solve the quiz.
Never ever heard of no. 1 before. And I could use the same name for 6 and 10 (I guess that I didn’t get the right name for no. 10 ...)

Time for my free drink(s) now! Cheers!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

drunk - 03 February 2013 11:30 AM

I managed to solve the quiz.
Never ever heard of no. 1 before. And I could use the same name for 6 and 10 (I guess that I didn’t get the right name for no. 10 ...)

Time for my free drink(s) now! Cheers!

For the record…
No 10 Thud+ores= The Doors

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

Many thanks! Smile
Well, actually with knowing the solution it looks rather easy to guess… somehow…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

drunk - 03 February 2013 11:46 AM

Well, actually with knowing the solution it looks rather easy to guess… somehow…

They all do in hindsight. Smile

Have you tried talking to Doc after solving the contest? He can give you a few more to solve (although I have to say that they’re a LOT more obscure - I had never heard of the first one)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 03 February 2013 12:08 PM

Have you tried talking to Doc after solving the contest? He can give you a few more to solve (although I have to say that they’re a LOT more obscure - I had never heard of the first one)...

Yes, I was about to ask if anyone managed to solve any of these… (not me!)

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Woot!  I got the game running in Boxer and played for about a half hour in the bar.  Solved the riddles - a nice brain exercize for a Sunday morning - and met Mickey Finn and Squish.  I’ll get back into it tonight.  I love the voice acting, by the way.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 03 February 2013 12:54 PM

Woot!  I got the game running in Boxer and played for about a half hour in the bar.  Solved the riddles - a nice brain exercize for a Sunday morning - and met Mickey Finn and Squish.  I’ll get back into it tonight.  I love the voice acting, by the way.

Excellent news for all Mac users!! Perhaps you would like to share with us how you managed to make it run Lady K? (mostly for future reference)

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Boxer is a very easy to use DOS emulator for OS X, Sefir.  I’ve never dealt with DOS before, but the creator of Boxer has it spelled out very nicely in his ReadMe file.  It creates a folder that mimics the C drive, and from there it’s a matter of picking the recommended sound and music files, installing the game, choosing the created file to start the game, and playing.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m glad you got it sort it out LK! Thumbs Up

As for myself, I won’t be able to play much in the next two weeks or so, so I’m happy with the slow tempo for the playthrough chunks Sefir proposed. I couldn’t resist after getting the game after more than 10 years, and I’ve played through the quiz - it was as hard as when I first time played it. Tongue I totally forgot how you need to put the answer together by respelling pronunciations (if I got the term right) rather than just putting the synonyms next to each other. Angry

Also, as I loved Fien’s feature “Quote of the Day”, here’s mine:

“We won’t get into outer space in my pickup unless it explodes.”

(yeap, I quickly started Squish’s emp-tel uh, I mean, case Grin BTW, I’d like to hear Josh’s, Jim’s and others opinion about order of things, because somehow I presumed Squish should be done first as he was standing there in front of you waiting for you to click him after solving the quiz Tongue Even though it’s likely to guess that the game is non-linear in that regard)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oh, such lovely puns! I have spent the past hour just clicking on things to hear/read the comments.  I finally found a hotspot I needed at Pyotr’s house and am now in Transylvania.  The trap driver there is a riot!  I had to force myself to quit or I’d be up half the night.  Great game!  Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top