• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Intense Degree - 02 October 2015 10:42 AM

+1 for playing along to old playthroughs by yourself. Lots of fun and you can go at your own pace.

Having said that, I am the guy who suggested a playthrough of GK1 although it had already been done once (although not finished admittedly) so I’m not against re-playthrough-ing either!

FYI, GK1 had TWO playthroughs, one unfinished, and one finished. Wink

I used both when I played it… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ha! How about Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary edition? I just loved this game on the iPad.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Mikekelly - 02 October 2015 01:03 PM

Ha! How about Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary edition? I just loved this game on the iPad.

Heart

I haven’t got an iPad but I 2nd a vote for GK 20th Anniversary Edition!  Smile

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Because of the tournament, I won’t be able to lead anything, but I would play the Amanita duo or Myst 3.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 01 October 2015 07:32 PM

Why not? It’s easy!* Wink

I got a look at Karlok’s deleted message. She is half right as are you. There is a link, which you have posted that gives us the history of AGCPT. When looking for a game to nominate though, it is not my first instinct to do research. Per Izno, it wasn’t his first instinct either. So games get nominated by people who weren’t around when that game was first played.

If enough people played it the first time, it, (the game,) will likely not get enough votes for a second replay. End of problem. Let the nominations come in. Popular opinion will take care of the rest.

I will nominate and lead Al Emmo, again. (Diego, chime in if you still want the glory.)
I’ll vote for GK1 V2
And will nominate Atlantis 2, because it’s worthy. But I sure wish Lady K was available to lead it.

I do a fair amount of hand sitting myself. Often causes severe wrist cramps.  Smile

BTW, GK1 V2 is 66% off on GOG.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Updated

6 ASA: A Space Adventure: Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, wilco, Kurufinwe, crabapple
5 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly (leader), Karlok, SoccerDude28, TimovieMan, wilco
5 Machinarium/Botanicula: Sefir (leader), Mikekelly, TimovieMan, wilco, Lady Kestrel
5 Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, Advie, wilco, millenia
5 Shadow of the Comet: Karlok, Sefir, wilco, mart, crabapple
4 Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer: chrissie, SoccerDude28, wilco, mart
4 Myst III Exile: Sefir (leader), Advie, Lady Kestrel, crabapple
4 TimeQuest: Karlok, Sefir, wilco, crabapple
3 Gabriel Knight 1: 20th anniv. edition: Mikekelly, chrissie, rtrooney
2 Al Emmo: rtrooney (leader), Sefir
2 NiBiRu - Age of Secrets: Advie, Sefir
2 Atlantis 2: rtrooney, crabapple
1 Jack Keane: Advie

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I guess I should be voting for ASA, since it’s been sitting on my pile of shame for a few months.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

If MM2 should happen to win, I guess that I could also lead the CPT.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

ASA
Atlantis 2
Myst III: Exile
Shadow of the Comet
Timequest

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Updated

6 ASA: A Space Adventure: Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, wilco, Kurufinwe, crabapple
5 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly (leader), Karlok, SoccerDude28, TimovieMan, wilco
5 Machinarium/Botanicula: Sefir (leader), Mikekelly, TimovieMan, wilco, Lady Kestrel
5 Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, Advie, wilco, millenia
5 Shadow of the Comet: Karlok, Sefir, wilco, mart, crabapple
4 Myst III Exile: Sefir (leader), Advie, Lady Kestrel, crabapple
4 Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer: chrissie, SoccerDude28, wilco, mart
4 TimeQuest: Karlok, Sefir, wilco, crabapple
3 Gabriel Knight 1: 20th anniv. edition: Mikekelly, chrissie, rtrooney
2 Al Emmo: rtrooney (leader), Sefir
2 NiBiRu - Age of Secrets: Advie, Sefir
2 Atlantis 2: rtrooney, crabapple
1 Jack Keane: Advie

ASA is in front with just one vote ahead of Hotel Dusk, Machinarium/Botanicula, Memento Mori 2 and Shadow of the Comet. Myst 3, Touche and Timequest are not that far either. Anyway, plenty of days to vote yet. Also, still many games without a leader. Finally, I would just like to add that if ASA wins the voting, the developer’s participation (Simon Mesnard) is confirmed.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hi everyone! Yes I confirm that I will be here to comment and discuss about ASA if it wins the voting. I just hope that the time difference won’t be a problem.

Are you ready to jump into the Space?  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ohh, Coool!

then so be it.
one ASA sic no ice,  here!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I realize I’m living up to my reputation again as the forum bitch, can’t be helped.

Here’s my problem. Developers never had a vote. They are either present during the CP or not. Why has that changed?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Simon is forum member as anyone of us!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, so are/were Agustin and Josh Mendel, among others.
What’s more, I haven’t actually seen Simon vote.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top