• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

SoccerDude28 - 12 August 2015 04:57 PM

*bump*
1 DAY LEFT

Final day of voting. The result will be announced at 12:00 PM pacific time Thursday, so if there is any vote you want to sneak it to change the outcome, now would be the time.

Hmmm…
Now that you mention it, I think I will vote for Shadow of the Comet.
I have the CD version, but never finished playing it.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

17 hours left.

10 Syberia 2: Iznogood(leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, mart, rtooney, Becky, Mikekelly, Duck of Doom
10 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe(leader), wilco, Sefir, SoccerDude, mart, Renacimiento, Karlok, chrissie, Duck of Doom, crabapple
8 Timequest: Karlok(leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, crabapple, Bonsai, Duck of Doom, chrissie
8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood(leader), Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, wilco,  Noddy, Becky, harald
7 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly(leader), Noddy, TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco, SoccerDude, Kurufinwe
7 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition: Intense Degree(leader), chrissie, Lady K, Advie, Mikekelly, millenia, Detective Mosely
6 Atlantis 2: Lady K(leader), Sefir, Kurufinwe, wilco, rtooney, crabapple
4 Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: Intense Degree(leader), Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, Noddy
4 Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island: Iznogood(leader), SoccerDude, wilco, Becky
4 The Experiment: Kurufinwe, wilco, Becky, millenia
4 Memento Mori 2: Iznogood(leader), chrissie, millenia, Renacimiento
3 Escape from Monkey Island: TimovieMan(leader), Iznogood, Noddy
3 Alida: Lady K(leader), crabapple, Becky
2 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir(leader), SoccerDude
2 Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine: rtooney, Noddy
1 Danganronpa: Mikekelly(leader)

I want YOU to be a playthrough leader.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

We are 2 hours away from the result, and it is looking more and more likely that we are going to have a tie between Shadow of the Comet and Syberia 2, unless we get a last minute vote to break the tie. What do you guys suggest to break the tie?

Here are a couple suggestions I can think of:
- Let the people who voted on both games pick their favorite of the 2, and we go with that.
- Have 2 official community playthroughs at the same time, and you can participate in either one, or both if you so choose.
- Or we can look at history of previous community playthrough votes for these 2 games, and go with the game that got more aggregate votes in all the prior community playthroughs.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any other suggestions, and please let’s not have another Pandora Detective ballad Grin.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Or, do what we do if there’s a tie in the Casual Playthrough….

Simply open the ballot again but for only the tied candidates. Anyone can vote. Two days to submit your vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

For the record, I’m against having 2 AGCPs at the same time. While I did voted for them, I don’t have the time to join both of them.

I’m up for SoccerDude’s first opption.
(rtrooney, this is what SoccerDude actually proposed. With the assumption that everyone who voted one of these 2 games will vote the same again, everyone who didn’t vote neither of them will not vote them once again -they would have up to now if they really wanted to play them- and those who voted both of them will actually have to choose only one of those two…)

But I don’t have any problem with SoccerDude’s option 3 as well.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 August 2015 12:57 PM

We are 2 hours away from the result, and it is looking more and more likely that we are going to have a tie between Shadow of the Comet and Syberia 2, unless we get a last minute vote to break the tie. What do you guys suggest to break the tie?

Here are a couple suggestions I can think of:
- Let the people who voted on both games pick their favorite of the 2, and we go with that.
- Have 2 official community playthroughs at the same time, and you can participate in either one, or both if you so choose.
- Or we can look at history of previous community playthrough votes for these 2 games, and go with the game that got more aggregate votes in all the prior community playthroughs.

I prefer the 1st option myself - let those that voted for both games decide!  Smile  (Although I don’t mind if 2 CPT’s go ahead - as much as I love Syberia 2 I’ve already played it a few times & am not in the mood at the mo to play it again so would only be joining in with one!)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I also agree with the 1st option if it’s a tie at the end

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I can live with all tree options.

But don’t worry, there is always somebody that makes a last second vote, especially if it means it will be the deciding vote.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 13 August 2015 01:13 PM

everyone who didn’t vote for either of them will not vote them once again -they would have up to now if they really wanted to play them

I would tend to disagree with this statement. If John/Jane Doe didn’t vote for either game, but those are now the only two choices, I think there’s a good probability that they will vote for one of the two. Assuming there is a desire to participate in the playthrough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m sorry to all Shadow of the Comet voters, and while it’s THE BEST horror adventure EVER made, I played it 2 times, and as I started Syberia 2 years ago and never finished it, this seems like a proper time to do it justice. I vote for Syberia 2, and also for Timequest if there’s still time for a turn-around.

edit: Oops, seems I’m late to the party.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego saves the day! Soccerdude was already

Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 13 August 2015 03:08 PM

Almost. I’m 5 minute overdue. I really don’t want my irregular vote to decide the winner. You just do whatever you wanted to do, and ignore my post. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 13 August 2015 03:08 PM

Smile

Lol so true, I need a shower from all that sweating Tongue But in all seriousness, even if diego didn’t come to save my hide, I really think Syberia 2 deserved to win this time around. I did a scan of the last playthroughs and here were the results:

Winner The Cat Lady
Second Place: Syberia 2
Shadow of the Comet: No Show

Winner Scratches:
Syberia 2: 7 votes
Shadow of the Comet: 3 votes

Winner Toonstruck:
Syberia 2: 6 votes
Shadow of the Comet: No votes

Winner The Whispered World:
Syberia 2: 2nd place

Winner Discworld:
Syberia 2: Runner up

It just seems it has been popular for so long, and it’s about time to get its chance.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 13 August 2015 02:18 PM

But don’t worry, there is always somebody that makes a last second vote, especially if it means it will be the deciding vote.

diego - 13 August 2015 03:05 PM

I vote for Syberia 2…

That’s the experience talking…..

SoccerDude28 - 13 August 2015 03:15 PM

It just seems it has been popular for so long, and it’s about time to get its chance.

I remember Shadow of the Comet came second in the late 2012-early 2013 voting (with Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon winning back then).

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 13 August 2015 03:04 PM

I would tend to disagree with this statement. If John/Jane Doe didn’t vote for either game, but those are now the only two choices, I think there’s a good probability that they will vote for one of the two. Assuming there is a desire to participate in the playthrough.

I agree. Those who didn’t vote for either of the two games should be able to vote again now by one of the two games, as long as they are interested.

diego - 13 August 2015 03:05 PM

I’m sorry to all Shadow of the Comet voters, and while it’s THE BEST horror adventure EVER made, I played it 2 times, and as I started Syberia 2 years ago and never finished it, this seems like a proper time to do it justice. I vote for Syberia 2, and also for Timequest if there’s still time for a turn-around.

edit: Oops, seems I’m late to the party.

The last time you also voted in the last minute before the voting was closed. Any particular reason to vote or try to do it again in the last minute?

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top