• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Final result

Winner Syberia 2

Iznogood, feel free to start a new community playthrough thread for Syberia 2.

11 Syberia 2: Iznogood(leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, mart, rtooney, Becky, Mikekelly, Duck of Doom, diego
10 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe(leader), wilco, Sefir, SoccerDude, mart, Renacimiento, Karlok, chrissie, Duck of Doom, crabapple
9 Timequest: Karlok(leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, crabapple, Bonsai, Duck of Doom, chrissie, diego
8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood(leader), Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, wilco,  Noddy, Becky, harald
7 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly(leader), Noddy, TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco, SoccerDude, Kurufinwe
7 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition: Intense Degree(leader), chrissie, Lady K, Advie, Mikekelly, millenia, Detective Mosely
6 Atlantis 2: Lady K(leader), Sefir, Kurufinwe, wilco, rtooney, crabapple
4 Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: Intense Degree(leader), Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, Noddy
4 Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island: Iznogood(leader), SoccerDude, wilco, Becky
4 The Experiment: Kurufinwe, wilco, Becky, millenia
4 Memento Mori 2: Iznogood(leader), chrissie, millenia, Renacimiento
3 Escape from Monkey Island: TimovieMan(leader), Iznogood, Noddy
3 Alida: Lady K(leader), crabapple, Becky
2 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir(leader), SoccerDude
2 Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine: rtooney, Noddy
1 Danganronpa: Mikekelly(leader)

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

HEY! Hang on a minute as there was just no time for some of the others that voted for both games to decide as you needed to extend the time a little to allow for those members to see the thread in the event of a tie!

EDIT: I’m sorry, I don’t want to be contentious but in the event of a tie you need to allow more time for voting & this result is not fair as you haven’t allowed more time to wait & see!

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

chrissie - 13 August 2015 03:21 PM

HEY! Hang on a minute as there was just no time for some of the others that voted for both games to decide as you needed to extend the time a little to allow for those members to see the thread in the event of a tie!

I didn’t decide, it was diego.

Edit: Fair enough, if we don’t want to count diego’s vote, we can leave it to the 4 people on voted for both games to vote.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Well, if I had any inkling to replay Syberia 2 at all you’ve now squashed that idea as the choice is not as democratic as it should have been as you haven’t allowed extra time for the tie for it to be voted on fairly.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Like I said, my vote is irregular and I’m asking you to retract it. I will vote for Syberia 2 if you all decide that there’s an “extra time” or something for all sides, but don’t let it concern you. It won’t feel pleasant to play the playthrough with irregular deciding vote, so please go with some fair option for a decider.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Okay I retract diego’s vote as it is 5 minutes late, and in fairness, it does break the rule set in place about all votes needing to be submitted at 12:00 PST.

So the final result stands with a tie:

10 Syberia 2: Iznogood(leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, mart, rtooney, Becky, Mikekelly, Duck of Doom
10 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe(leader), wilco, Sefir, SoccerDude, mart, Renacimiento, Karlok, chrissie, Duck of Doom, crabapple
8 Timequest: Karlok(leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, crabapple, Bonsai, Duck of Doom, chrissie
8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood(leader), Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, wilco,  Noddy, Becky, harald
7 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly(leader), Noddy, TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco, SoccerDude, Kurufinwe
7 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition: Intense Degree(leader), chrissie, Lady K, Advie, Mikekelly, millenia, Detective Mosely
6 Atlantis 2: Lady K(leader), Sefir, Kurufinwe, wilco, rtooney, crabapple
4 Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: Intense Degree(leader), Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, Noddy
4 Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island: Iznogood(leader), SoccerDude, wilco, Becky
4 The Experiment: Kurufinwe, wilco, Becky, millenia
4 Memento Mori 2: Iznogood(leader), chrissie, millenia, Renacimiento
3 Escape from Monkey Island: TimovieMan(leader), Iznogood, Noddy
3 Alida: Lady K(leader), crabapple, Becky
2 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir(leader), SoccerDude
2 Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine: rtooney, Noddy
1 Danganronpa: Mikekelly(leader)

To break the tie here is how it will happen. There are 4 people who voted for both games:

Sefir
SoccerDude
mart
Duck of Doom

Each of them will choose Syberia 2 or Shadow of the Comet, and the game with most votes will win.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oh, ffs people!

Alright, I formally rescind my vote for Shadow of the Comet and my offer to lead the playthrough.

Syberia 2 wins.

The end.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 August 2015 03:40 PM

Oh, ffs people!

Alright, I formally rescind my vote for Shadow of the Comet and my offer to lead the playthrough.

Syberia 2 wins.

The end.

Please don’t do that, it will just add fuel to the fire. Let’s stick with the plan.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’ll go first:

I pick Syberia 2, because it has been a runner up so many times before, that I believe it finally deserves its chance in the limelight.

Current result:

Syberia 2: 1 (SoccerDude)
Shadow of the Comet: 0

Sefir, mart, and Duck of Doom, your turn please Smile

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Normally it might have been a difficult choice. Now I’m all in for Syberia 2 though and that’s easily where my vote goes. That’s mainly because it was voted by one person more than the SotC playthrough => more people are willing to participate in a Syberia 2 AGCP.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

I’m gonna go with Syberia 2 as well.
Both because it’s been in the running so many times lately and I’m sure Shadow of the Comet will have its time, now that it’s on GOG- but mainly because I already own Syberia 2 Innocent

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The voters who voted on both games (SoccerDude, Sefir, Duck of Doom, mart), voted in the majority for Syberia 2.

Syberia 2: 3 (SoccerDude, Sefir, Duck of Doom)
Shadow of the Comet: 0

Final result

Winner Syberia 2

Iznogood, feel free to start a new community playthrough thread for Syberia 2.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks SoccerDude for leading the voting & putting up with a few adversities from members but I do now feel that Syberia 2 won fairly!    Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

*sigh* Once again some controversy in the voting!

Thank you for taking care of it this time SoccerDude, I will start the CP thread tomorrow.

And not to rock the boat, but the second last vote where scratches won, was decided by a vote that was also late by a few minutes.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 August 2015 03:41 PM
Kurufinwe - 13 August 2015 03:40 PM

Oh, ffs people!

Syberia 2 wins.

The end.

Please don’t do that, it will just add fuel to the fire.

It also gives off terrible deja-vu vibes…
And I’m wearing the T-shirt to prove it.

Great that TimeQuest got eight or nine votes.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top