• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m all for Danganronpa when I buy my PS Vita, which will be at the end of this year most likely

For some odd reason the VITA has the most adventure games and visual novels in this generation of consoles than any other console. Many of which are very good and award winning like “Danganronpa”.

PSVITAs are really inexpensive - I got mine used for $139.99 and gamestop sells refurbished ones with 2 games and a memory card for $169.99

The OLED screen of the PSV-1000 is to die for.

YES! It would be great to have a community playthrough of Danganronpa, but we’ve been wanting a playthrough of Syberia 2 for quite sometime as well.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

I´ll throw in a vote for Syberia II, Shadow of the Comet and Timequest.
So either I can finally finish Syberia II
or finish a text adventure
or…well, just got a soft spot for good ol’ xenophobic Lovecraft.  Yum

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m guessing that the voting process will be over in a week or so.

It does not appear that the alternative site for JULIA will be available by then, or if ever. Something about VAT issues, which I don’t understand. That’s too bad. I really wanted to play that game, even if it meant one more time for S2 ending up in second place.

Because I won’t be playing it, it’s proper for my to withdraw my provisional vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve decided to cast a vote for Timequest - it doesn’t look like it has much chance of winning at the mo but all could change especially as there is a playable on-line version & Karlok has kindly posted codes needed to progress! I like the graphics & I’ve never played a text AG except for about 2/3rds of a very easy one (without graphics) a few years ago which I couldn’t finish due to a bug. (I can’t remember the name of it either!)  Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Update 11

10 Syberia 2: Iznogood(leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, mart, rtooney, Becky, Mikekelly, Duck of Doom
9 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe(leader), wilco, Sefir, SoccerDude, mart, Renacimiento, Karlok, chrissie, Duck of Doom
8 Timequest: Karlok(leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, crabapple, Bonsai, Duck of Doom, chrissie
7 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood(leader), Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, wilco,  Noddy, Becky
7 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly(leader), Noddy, TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco, SoccerDude, Kurufinwe
6 Atlantis 2: Lady K(leader), Sefir, Kurufinwe, wilco, rtooney, crabapple
6 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition: Intense Degree(leader), chrissie, Lady K, Advie, Mikekelly, millenia
4 Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: Intense Degree(leader), Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, Noddy
4 Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island: Iznogood(leader), SoccerDude, wilco, Becky
4 The Experiment: Kurufinwe, wilco, Becky, millenia
4 Memento Mori 2: Iznogood(leader), chrissie, millenia, Renacimiento
3 Escape from Monkey Island: TimovieMan(leader), Iznogood, Noddy
3 Alida: Lady K(leader), crabapple, Becky
2 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir(leader), SoccerDude
2 Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine: rtooney, Noddy
1 Danganronpa: Mikekelly(leader)

I want YOU to be a playthrough leader.

We are almost halfway through the voting process (votes end on Thursday 12:00 PM pacific standard time). Syberia 2 still leads by a very small margin over Shadow of the Comet, and Timequest has made a very impressive run from no votes to passing J.U.L.I.A to claim the third place.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I just thought that I would post some info in this (the relevant thread) some info that’s turned up on another inadvertently! The game seems to be perfectly legal to play on-line & you can save to carry on etc! (Thanks Karlok for checking it out!)
Timequest

Thanks SoccerDude for the link & TimovieMan for his endorsement of it! Smile ......
........& thanks also Karlok for this info which you need to progress in the game with:

Timequest copy protection:
1. location codes for damaged components:
76 93 134 187 193 = core processor
3 28 34 73 90 = data storage unit
12 14 29 102 162 = periphery sensor
17 31 63 146 250 = time flux circuitry
20 23 38 119 231 = video display
2. color codes for malfunctioning systems:
cyan, orange, gold = power
red, purple, brown = memory
blue, white, tan = parity
green, black, gray = logic
yellow, silver, pink = timing
3. repair levels and procedure numbers
low level software = 13
high level software = 1346
low level hardware = 143
high level hardware = 7
low level interface = 5301
high level interface = 87 Smile  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 08 August 2015 03:40 PM

Thanks TimovieMan for the link!  Smile

Thank SoccerDude instead. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 08 August 2015 04:04 PM
chrissie - 08 August 2015 03:40 PM

Thanks TimovieMan for the link!  Smile

Thank SoccerDude instead. Wink

Fixed! Sorry SoccerDude, I overlooked the link in your original post but Tim as mod here it was helpful that you had confidence in it!  Smile

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I didn’t make it that far into the remake before I lost interest, so if this is picked it will give me incentive to finish it.

I’ll vote for Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

4 DAYS LEFT

10 Syberia 2: Iznogood(leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, mart, rtooney, Becky, Mikekelly, Duck of Doom
9 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe(leader), wilco, Sefir, SoccerDude, mart, Renacimiento, Karlok, chrissie, Duck of Doom
8 Timequest: Karlok(leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, crabapple, Bonsai, Duck of Doom, chrissie
7 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood(leader), Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, wilco,  Noddy, Becky
7 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly(leader), Noddy, TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco, SoccerDude, Kurufinwe
7 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition: Intense Degree(leader), chrissie, Lady K, Advie, Mikekelly, millenia, Detective Mosely
4 Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: Intense Degree(leader), Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, Noddy

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Things were looking good for J.U.L.I.A. for some time there, and I’d really like an excuse to replay it in order to tackle those optional puzzles that I didn’t get around to the last time. It looks like it’ll have a hard time winning now, but maybe my vote can inspire some more people to vote for it. Tongue

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

3 DAYS LEFT

8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood(leader), Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, wilco,  Noddy, Becky, harald
7 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition: Intense Degree(leader), chrissie, Lady K, Advie, Mikekelly, millenia, Detective Mosely

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

1 DAY LEFT

Final day of voting. The result will be announced at 12:00 PM pacific time Thursday, so if there is any vote you want to sneak it to change the outcome, now would be the time.

8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood(leader), Sefir, SoccerDude, Jabod, wilco,  Noddy, Becky, harald

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

*bump*
1 DAY LEFT

Final day of voting. The result will be announced at 12:00 PM pacific time Thursday, so if there is any vote you want to sneak it to change the outcome, now would be the time.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 12 August 2015 04:57 PM

so if there is any vote you want to sneak it to change the outcome, now would be the time.

Or not. It’s about time we got to the second part of Syberia. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top