• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRoseSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Memento Mori 2 ~
Shadow of the Comet ~

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

A vote from me for Memento Mori 2!

Total Posts: 2992

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Updated

10 ASA: A Space Adventure (with developer participation): Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, wilco, Kurufinwe, crabapple, Advie, Becky, rtrooney, SoccerDude28
8 Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, Advie, wilco, millenia, Becky, Renacimiento, chrissie
6 Shadow of the Comet: Karlok, Sefir, wilco, mart, crabapple, Renacimiento
5 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly (leader), Karlok, SoccerDude28, TimovieMan, wilco
5 Machinarium/Botanicula: Sefir (leader), Mikekelly, TimovieMan, wilco, Lady Kestrel
5 Myst III Exile: Sefir (leader), Advie, Lady Kestrel, crabapple, Becky
4 Gabriel Knight 1: 20th anniv. edition: Mikekelly (leader), chrissie, rtrooney, Becky
4 Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer: chrissie, SoccerDude28, wilco, mart
4 TimeQuest: Karlok, Sefir, wilco, crabapple
3 Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy: Mikekelly (leader), chrissie, Becky
2 Al Emmo: rtrooney (leader), Sefir
2 NiBiRu - Age of Secrets: Advie, Sefir
2 Atlantis 2: rtrooney, crabapple
1 Jack Keane: Advie

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I probably won’t have time to join in a community playthrough, especially with the Autumn Challenge coming up, but I enjoyed ASA when I reviewed it for MM:
http://mysterymanor.net/reviewasa_aspaceadventure.htm

So if you go with that I’ll be interested to see what you think!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I hate to be blunt, but I have played CPTs with developers and they are beyond fun - developer comments add an additional dimension to the CPTs that is priceless.

I can understand why ASA is the runaway winner (so far) for the next CPT - it should be quite a bit of fun.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Updated

11 ASA: A Space Adventure (with developer participation): Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, wilco, Kurufinwe, crabapple, Advie, Becky, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, COWCAT
8 Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, Advie, wilco, millenia, Becky, Renacimiento, chrissie
5 Machinarium/Botanicula: Sefir (leader), Mikekelly, TimovieMan, wilco, Lady Kestrel
4 Gabriel Knight 1: 20th anniv. edition: Mikekelly (leader), chrissie, rtrooney, Becky
4 Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer: chrissie, SoccerDude28, wilco, mart

ASA is in front with 11 votes, but now Memento Mori has 8 and closed the gap to 3 votes! Shadow of the Comet is third with 6 votes.

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

I’m going to sound very stupid, but… I’ve read at least ten pages of the topic and I don’t understand how this playthrough works?

Seems like you’ll all be playing the same game at the same time? Is there a stream or something? Or are you just debating over the game here as you progress through it?

Oh and I’ll vote for ASA too, it’s from a fellow French game dev Smile

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

CowCat, this is the thread for the last CPT: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/6123/

which should tell you how it all works (and I really must finish the last part; life been getting in the way).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

I see! Looks like I guessed correctly then Smile

Sounds like fun! I really wish I had time to join and play too :p

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

FINAL DAY

11 ASA: A Space Adventure (with developer participation): Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, wilco, Kurufinwe, crabapple, Advie, Becky, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, COWCAT

Last voting day and ASA has a strong lead of 3 votes ahead of Memento Mori 2!!!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am allll-ready, Installed!
The Remastered edition, but when it comes the time (very soon) and it wins officially, I hope someone can voulnteer with an explanation for those who might still have the old version, and worried about missing some sorts!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 11 October 2015 08:10 AM

I hope someone can voulnteer with an explanation for those who might still have the old version, and worried about missing some sorts!

This is what Simon told me about the difference between the original ASA and the Remastered version:

There aren’t many differences between the original and remastered editions. A few puzzles have been thought differently. Sometimes it is better, sometimes it proved to be worse, but in a global way everything is the same. It is really possible to use any of the 2 versions during the CPT. What can happen is that the players with the Remastered Edition might progress faster, because this version has icons over the hotspots, in order to show where it is possible to click. As a result, there is no real challenge to find objects in the environments (the few “pixel hunt” from ASA original has disappeared). Maybe we can ask everyone to disable the hotspots in the Remastered? There is an option for that.
I know also that there are a few bugs in the Remastered, that were not in the original. So each version has its own issues, but in the end they are more or less the same. Same story, same places, same puzzles, etc.

There are good and bad points in the 2 versions and I like them both. Of course I did a lot more work on the graphics of the Remastered, but the work of Andy (who redeveloped the game from scratch with Visionaire) is not perfect and there are several bugs that were not in the original game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

FINAL RESULTS

ASA A Spase Adventure won with 11 votes!! Memento Mori 2 gave a good fight with 8 votes, while the rest of the games stayed behind.

I’ll open the new playthrough thread in the following days, where all details about the game and the playthrough will be discussed.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I would like to join in this one, but first, can anyone confirm that the Mac version (remastered) is now working? The discussion at Steam sounds like some people had serious trouble.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Is it time again for a new playthrough?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top