• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Add me to Death Gate, Machinarium/Botanicula, Resonance and The Moment of Silence.

Also:

TimovieMan - 03 December 2015 03:43 PM

I can lead Hotel Dusk.

Sefir - 03 December 2015 05:33 PM

4 Hotel Dusk: Karlok, SoccerDude28, TimovieMan, wilco

Pan

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

When I voted last, Hotel Dusk needed a leader.

I’ll also add:

“The Last Window” Aggie winner for 2010 - Mike Kelly, leader. I also have some developer information to share.

Danganronpa - Mike Kelly, leader.

Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary edition, Mike Kelly, leader.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s a few other games that have been nominated that I’m thinking about adding my vote to but I’ll just wait awhile.
The purpose of my post is to say as much as I hated my experience of leading when I did it for the CG playthrough that I would offer my service to be play-through leader for Contradiction! (but, if anyone else is passionate please be my guest! Laughing)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Memento Mori 2 again for me. I don’t think I currently have much time or enthusiasm to participate in others.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 04 December 2015 01:36 PM

There’s a few other games that have been nominated that I’m thinking about adding my vote to but I’ll just wait awhile.
The purpose of my post is to say as much as I hated my experience of leading when I did it for the CG playthrough that I would offer my service to be play-through leader for Contradiction! (but, if anyone else is passionate please be my guest! Laughing)

I am so sorry you hated the experience. I’m pretty sure everyone thought you did a great job. The Angelica Weaver playthrough was my first. It was also the first casual playthrough ever. Bit of pressure there. I didn’t even know how to find a cloud repository for screenshots! If it weren’t for Izzy an Karlok’s tutorials, I would have been dead meat. And, even though I have a few under my belt, I still manage to screw things up on occasion. Witness the pacing of the final episode of the Four Horsemen playthrough.

I hope it wasn’t such a horrible experience that it will prevent you from ever volunteering to do it agan.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Of the games currently nominated, I’ve only played one, Myst III.

Of the games I usually nominate and offer to lead, Al Emmo, FPFP (the 3.5 disk version) and Atlantis2, they never gathered enough votes. So I will let them die the slow death.

So I’ll probably join the playthrough of whatever is chosen. As long as it isn’t a Steam only game. It’s easy to find. And is relatively inexpensive to purchase.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

6 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood (leader), Noddy, TimovieMan, Sefir, Becky, Jabod
6 Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer: chrissie, SoccerDude28, Karlok, TimovieMan, Sefir, wilco
5 Hotel Dusk: TimovieMan (leader), Mikekelly (alternative leader), Karlok, SoccerDude28, wilco,
5 Contradiction:chrissie (leader), Karlok, TimovieMan, Sefir, Becky
4 Shadow of the Comet: Karlok, Sefir, TimovieMan, wilco
4 Death Gate (after Xmas): wilco (leader), Sefir, Karlok, TimovieMan
4 Machinarium/Botanicula: Sefir (leader), Mikekelly, Noddy, TimovieMan
4 Resonance: Sefir (leader), Nelza, Noddy, TimovieMan
4 Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, millenia, Becky
4 The Moment of Silence: Iznogood, Sefir, TimovieMan, Becky
2 Myst III Exile: Sefir (leader), Noddy
1 The Last Window: Mikekelly (leader)
1 Danganronpa: Mikekelly (leader)
1 Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary edition: Mikekelly (leader)

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars
Contradiction
Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality
The Moment of Silence

A question—how easy is it to get Myst III: Exile to run in Win 7? Would tweaking be inevitable?

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Becky - 05 December 2015 07:47 AM

A question—how easy is it to get Myst III: Exile to run in Win 7? Would tweaking be inevitable?

I remember running it fine in my Win7 64-bit laptop without any problems.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I can be added for:

J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars

Perhaps Jan Kavan (game creator) could be persuaded to add comments if chosen.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Where are people planning to find Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer?
Is it available anywhere other than abandonware sites?

Becky - 05 December 2015 07:47 AM

If it doesn’t run natively, try it in ResidualVM.
http://residualvm.org/compatibility/
Instructions under the Myst 3 heading here
http://wiki.residualvm.org/index.php?title=Datafiles

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 03 December 2015 05:19 PM
TimovieMan - 03 December 2015 03:43 PM

So, for what other games can we entice the developer to join us? Resonance, maybe??

Great minds think alike.
I was really thinking of that, exactly for the developer possibility (and also the fact that I love this game) but the game’s structure makes Resonance a game difficult for an AGCP. I am working on worked on that though and propose it too. Thumbs Up

I loved Resonance too & will cast a vote for it, although I’ve played it several times! I’m sure Sefir that you will be able to structure the playthrough well enough but the variations could be interesting!  Smile

rtrooney - 04 December 2015 09:50 PM
chrissie - 04 December 2015 01:36 PM

The purpose of my post is to say as much as I hated my experience of leading when I did it for the CG playthrough that I would offer my service to be play-through leader for Contradiction!

I am so sorry you hated the experience. I’m pretty sure everyone thought you did a

I hope it wasn’t such a horrible experience that it will prevent you from ever volunteering to do it again.

Maybe ‘hate’ was too strong a word but in a CG you can’t back-track to saves so I found keeping on top of the progress difficult hence stressful. Contradiction could potentially give me the same headache as there does seem to be only two save slots? but within the game there is the facility to recap to a certain extent. Laughing  As for offering to lead another CG - I’ll never say never but just needs to be a game I feel comfortable with!  Smile

crabapple - 05 December 2015 01:00 PM

Where are people planning to find Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer?
Is it available anywhere other than abandonware sites?

I’m guessing that those of us that have voted for the game already have legitimate copies - mine courtesy of member mart who generously posted it to me - I’ve got it working in Scumm but I’d love to play it along with some other folk!  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 05 December 2015 01:31 PM

Maybe ‘hate’ was too strong a word but in a CG you can’t back-track to saves so I found keeping on top of the progress difficult hence stressful.

I’m well aware of that shortcoming. TimovieMan and I had a talk about this. He had asked me how many times I played Angelica Weaver. I think my answer was “at least eight” for the very reason you mention. Something would come up, and I would realize I needed another screenshot. And the only way to get it was to start from scratch. I’ve become a better planner, but I still think I average three plays for every game I lead.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

rtrooney - 05 December 2015 02:28 PM
chrissie - 05 December 2015 01:31 PM

Maybe ‘hate’ was too strong a word but in a CG you can’t back-track to saves so I found keeping on top of the progress difficult hence stressful.

I’m well aware of that shortcoming. TimovieMan and I had a talk about this. He had asked me how many times I played Angelica Weaver. I think my answer was “at least eight” for the very reason you mention. Something would come up, and I would realize I needed another screenshot. And the only way to get it was to start from scratch. I’ve become a better planner, but I still think I average three plays for every game I lead.

Can you not find the save game folder, copy the save games as often as you want and store them (renamed obviously so you know where you are) then copy them back when you wish to revisit a certain area? Or just copy the save game folder complete and rename it with a short description of where you’re at and then copy it back as required?

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The short answer is that there is no Save Game folder per se. All of the information relating to the game, including save game information, options, level of difficulty etc., is included in one file. That file is located (Win7) in computer/user/appdata/roaming/publisher/gamename.

It might be possible to do what you suggest, but you would be playing with more than a simple saved game file.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top