• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hey diego, the number of people who look at most of the threads on the forum (not just the AGSotD one) far exceed the relatively small number of those who actually post! That’s not to say the threads aren’t appreciated albeit quietly so I’m sorry that you have lost heart. Cry
For the posters of AGSotD it can be disheartening if no-one responds to your screenshot - Karlok has felt it as I have also - but, Bastich who was posting 7 days a week quite often didn’t get a response either but I’m sure I’m not the only one who enjoyed his screenshots of many games I’d never even heard of!!!!  Thumbs Up

You’ve been doing a great job diego & I’ve not only loved looking at your screenshots but also at reading your wonderful descriptions (as the other posters’ ones) which are more valuable than many of those that you find on a data base such as MG which are often the developers’ blurb rather than from someone who has actually played the game!
I confess to not always knowing how to respond other than with a ‘tokenistic’ reply so tend not to as I often work long hours so either too tired or too busy to think & I’m sure I’m not the only one!!!

Anyway diego if you are really that fed-up I don’t know whether it’s my imagination or not that forum traffic is less at the weekend why not consider just sticking to e.g. Tuesday posting a variety of the different categories from the 3 days you’ve been doing just on that day & make it ‘Tuesday Surprise’? I.e. Leave the weekends clear for anyone else that would like to commit to one of the days? Just a suggestion!!!!!  Smile

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I just posted the Friday screenshot. It may be a bit controversial. Maybe not. But I don’t feel like we should be limited to posting a beautiful scene from a game we enjoyed playing.

If the poster has something good, or bad, about the game, I say go for it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

We’ve collectively made it through the first six months!

Raising a glass.

Only six more months to go!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yay, well done Team AGSOTD!

Obviously that isn’t really meant to be us (you’d have to take out the adoring fans Wink ) but I am totally the guy on the horse with the grey hat! Wink First come first served with the others. Tongue

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

6 months already? Time flies!

(I’m hidding under those tires in the picture)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m doing a one-arm barbell press!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sooo .. that means I’m the white horse?
Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Somebody has to make sure the you-know-what is properly distributed.  Naughty

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You’ll find me amongst the “adoring fans” right of the screenshot & at the back - I’m easy to identify as I’ve got pink hair tied in bunches!  Heart

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I must be the guy right behind the white horse. It’s a shame they hid my shovel and wheelbarrow!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iz, where are you?

I am hoping you are taking a well-deserved break in the action rather than throwing in the towel on Puzzle Wednesday.

Things got a bit ugly. As we used to say in the Army, Shit Happens.

We only have to do this twenty more times. Then we have the choice of continuing or passing it on to another group. I hope you will gut it out. As you said for me, when there was some nastiness about there being a casual game in the series, I will say for you. (Paraphrase) If he is willing to post, he can post whatever he wants to post.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yes, keep in mind that for everyone who complains, there are others who really appreciate the great work you’re doing and who respect all the time you spend on this.

Thanks Izno and everyone who works on AGSOTD!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 04 February 2016 09:20 PM

Iz, where are you?

I am hoping you are taking a well-deserved break in the action rather than throwing in the towel on Puzzle Wednesday.

Don’t worry, I haven’t given up on it. There is just some real life issues that means that my posts have become a bit erratic in frequency.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I hope that is good news. You don’t need our permission to do what you need to do. But you have it anyway. We’ll see you when you’re ready.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Any Myst clone lovers?

Saturday is up for grabs, or I’m abandoning it totally. FMV Saturday has run its course with Ripper, and the next theme I thought is worth attention is Myst clone Saturday.

The problem is, I played pitifully small amount of 1st-person games, so lets see who wants to tackle this theme (for as long as you want). If you have another interesting theme in mind for Saturday that you could do, then suggest it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top