• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

I think that this “new” form of AGSOTD, would be even better without regular Ags.This will give more power to other categories.A nice addition would be, to make a day for the machines of the past, like: Atari, Amiga, Commodore 64… I’m to busy for taking over this at the moment but maybe next year.But since some members acting like they’re five and need surprises all the time, this is also a useless idea.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 18 May 2015 12:37 PM

A nice addition would be, to make a day for the machines of the past, like: Atari, Amiga, Commodore 64…

Those machines precede my gaming years but I love the idea - anyone interested? Laughing

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

chrissie - 18 May 2015 11:49 AM

Wonderful Intense Degree! Please go ahead for as long as you want to - I’ve only just begun to appreciate the wealth of very worthy Freeware games available so apart from catching up with many games to finish & start on the regular front I’ve hardly started on those! Can you post on Mondays?    Laughing

Yep, if no-one else has any objections I’d be happy to keep your seat warm on a Monday! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I think that this “new” form of AGSOTD, would be even better without regular Ags.This will give more power to other categories.A nice addition would be, to make a day for the machines of the past, like: Atari, Amiga, Commodore 64… I’m to busy for taking over this at the moment but maybe next year.

What new games do those ancient systems have to offer? Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Sierra, Tellarium, Lucasarts, Level 9, etcetera made games for many platforms. For instance, Maniac Mansion was released for NES, Atari, Amiga, DOS, Commodore, Apple. I am no expert but I had an Atari ST in the eighties/early nineties and I don’t remember Atari-specific adventures. I’m not saying there weren’t any, just that they must be few and very obscure by now.

But since some members acting like they’re five and need surprises all the time, this is also a useless idea.

Hey!  Angry Uncalled for. Diego is entitled to his opinion and I see his point.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Karlok - 18 May 2015 09:38 PM

What new games do those ancient systems have to offer? Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Sierra, Tellarium, Lucasarts, Level 9, etcetera made games for many platforms. For instance, Maniac Mansion was released for NES, Atari, Amiga, DOS, Commodore, Apple. I am no expert but I had an Atari ST in the eighties/early nineties and I don’t remember Atari-specific adventures. I’m not saying there weren’t any, just that they must be few and very obscure by now.

Those ancient systems are the reason I love AGs so much! Yes, many games were also released for other platforms too , but isn’t nice to see how these games look on other machines? What if some evil mind decide to use a non PC game version in a quiz? Like Sheer Agony for instance.Tongue
That was only a thought anyway.

P.S. And from when obscure is something bad?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 19 May 2015 02:14 AM

Those ancient systems are the reason I love AGs so much!

Really? You’re fabulous at making and participating in quizzes, and you don’t like Mystian games. That’s all I knew up till now.

P.S. And from when obscure is something bad?

True.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, new AGSOD starting next week?

Monday - Intense Degree/chrissie - Freeware
Tuesday - Dag? - Cartoon
Wednesday - Iznogood? - Puzzle
Thursday - Me? - Handheld/console
Friday - Rtooney - Casual
Saturday - Darkeye???  - oldies
Sunday - ???

Am I missing someone? Anyone more want to step in to complete the week?

I don’t mind changing my day, doesn’t really make a difference which day I use.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 25 May 2015 06:42 AM

Am I missing someone?

Diego.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 25 May 2015 07:03 AM
wilco - 25 May 2015 06:42 AM

Am I missing someone?

Diego.

Ok, cool.

Sunday - Diego - classic surprise AGSOD?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Alright. I’ll do Sundays (that’s my fun day).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

I think that you should add a few more questionmarks beside my name.Laughing

I’m to busy for taking over this at the moment but maybe next year.

Did you read this, wilco? And beside that I didn’t notice to much enthusiasm about 60s’-90s’ idea anyway. Laughing

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Sure, I can do tuesdays.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Dag - 25 May 2015 10:06 AM

Sure, I can do tuesdays.

diego - 25 May 2015 07:42 AM

Alright. I’ll do Sundays (that’s my fun day).

Thumbs Up

DarkEye - 25 May 2015 08:48 AM

I think that you should add a few more questionmarks beside my name.Laughing

I’m to busy for taking over this at the moment but maybe next year.

Did you read this, wilco? And beside that I didn’t notice to much enthusiasm about 60s’-90s’ idea anyway. Laughing

Oh, I didn’t read it.Smile but I think there would certainly be interest for very old adventures.

So, anyone wants to take Saturday?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday starts on June 19.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

wilco - 25 May 2015 10:30 AM

Oh, I didn’t read it.Smile but I think there would certainly be interest for very old adventures.

So, anyone wants to take Saturday?

Yeah, I’d definitely love to see old adventures :-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top