• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Big Adventure Gamers “VS - There Can Be Only One” Tournament

Poll: Would you like to have a group stage before direct knock-out duels?
Total Votes: 32
Group stage before the direct elimination duels
Immediately start with the knock-out rounds (128 - 64 - 32...)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 13 January 2015 03:08 AM

I don’t think either does, actually. Newer games are bound to be rated higher, since they’re fresher in the memory, have hi-res graphics and more accessible interfaces.

Perhaps, but people here also replay older games and sometimes have overinflated memory of how good those old games actually were, so I think it pretty much cancels each other out. 

Zifnab - 13 January 2015 03:08 AM

Perhaps there are *gasp* women voting?

I don’t think that is the reason.
In fact looking at who voted for what, combined with what I know about sex, age, nationality etc. of each member, then there doesn’t seem to be a clear pattern.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Iznogood - 13 January 2015 03:25 AM

I don’t think that is the reason.
In fact looking at who voted for what, combined with what I know about sex, age, nationality etc. of each member, then there doesn’t seem to be a clear pattern.

It seems to me that more liberal people vote against Larry and more traditional for him.
This terms should be considered very figuratively, but I cannot find better words to describe this Smile

Of course there are always exceptions that confirm the rule.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Bogi - 13 January 2015 03:41 AM

That is such an odd saying.  If anything, it should be “exceptions prove that there is no rule”.  Tongue

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Detective Mosely - 13 January 2015 07:31 AM

That is such an odd saying.  If anything, it should be “exceptions prove that there is no rule”.  Tongue

But if there’s no rules there won’t be any exceptions Smile

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

It seems to me that more liberal people vote against Larry and more traditional for him.
This terms should be considered very figuratively, but I cannot find better words to describe this Smile

I’m not a liberal, and Larry 7/The Neverhood are among my favourite games Smile Although I’m pretty sure both games are universally beloved, or at least used to be until recent year.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Doom - 13 January 2015 07:43 AM

I’m not a liberal, and Larry 7/The Neverhood are among my favourite games Smile Although I’m pretty sure both games are universally beloved, or at least used to be until recent year.

So you just confirm the rule Grin

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Bogi - 13 January 2015 07:41 AM
Detective Mosely - 13 January 2015 07:31 AM

But if there’s no rules there won’t be any exceptions Smile

But it’s not a rule!  It’s a tendency!  There’s a difference!  Tongue

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

It is weird at first when you don’t stand and think about it, you would say that doesn’t make sense, it isn’t logical that liberal people would be against Larry and vice versa.

But it’s true, many examples that I encountered prove that, even Doom confirms it. It’s maybe due to that liberals often relate to supporters of political correctness, equal rights movement, etc. And Larry doesn’t bode well with all of these.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Bogi - 13 January 2015 09:28 AM

But it’s true, many examples that I encountered prove that, even Doom confirms it. It’s maybe do to that liberals often relate to supporters of political correctness, equal rights movement, etc. And Larry doesn’t bode well with all of these.

Or it could just be that many people thought LSL was a crap game Tongue

Life is what it is.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Nooo, I refuse to believe that!

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Well, we should worry more for potentially losing both Longest Journeys to the next round Cry

That is a realistic risk and compared to Leisure Suit larry, which is a nice good game but not in the league of Funcoms best work, is a much bigger issue.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

subbi - 13 January 2015 11:00 AM

Well, we should worry more for potentially losing both Longest Journeys to the next round Cry

That is a realistic risk and compared to Leisure Suit larry, which is a nice good game but not in the league of Funcoms best work, is a much bigger issue.

Nah, we already lost the entire Myst series. Nothing beats that.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 13 January 2015 11:14 AM

Nah, we already lost the entire Myst series. Nothing beats that.

At least Space Ques… oh wait Frown

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

There’s always Quest for Glory that even 20 years later inspires such new gems as Heroine’s Quest and Quest for Infamy…

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Bogi - 13 January 2015 07:52 AM
Doom - 13 January 2015 07:43 AM

So you just confirm the rule Grin

Actually I do consider myself a liberal and I love the Larry games. Wink
(Though liberal in the word’s original meaning, and not as in left-wing)

Fortunately that won’t happen… Right?... It won’t happen, you will all vote for them? ... RIGHT!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top