• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady KestrelSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Big Adventure Gamers “VS - There Can Be Only One” Tournament

Poll: Would you like to have a group stage before direct knock-out duels?
Total Votes: 32
Group stage before the direct elimination duels
Immediately start with the knock-out rounds (128 - 64 - 32...)

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Interesting to see that so far all 8 games that were higher ranked in the groups (1st and 2nd place) are winning confidently. Let’s see if that trend continues.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

I just thought of something… I think it may be too late to do this though…

It would have been fun for everyone to make bracket predictions on which games would win for each round, up to and including the last round, just like in NCAA brackets, or other similar bracket prediction traditions.

The winner with the predicted bracket that is closest to the actual final bracket could win a prize of cool games that they haven’t played yet!

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Great idea!

We could add a name of the sponsor (donor of games) to the tournament name Grin

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Adventure Games Forever - 06 January 2015 10:02 AM

I just thought of something… I think it may be too late to do this though…

It would have been fun for everyone to make bracket predictions on which games would win for each round, up to and including the last round, just like in NCAA brackets, or other similar bracket prediction traditions.

The winner with the predicted bracket that is closest to the actual final bracket could win a prize of cool games that they haven’t played yet!

the problem with that… IMO…. you’d be encouraging people to vote for the game they think is going to win instead of the game they like best Wink
Even worse, it encourages people to vote on games they havnt played.

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

zane - 06 January 2015 11:44 AM

the problem with that… IMO…. you’d be encouraging people to vote for the game they think is going to win instead of the game they like best Wink

Very true! :-(

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 06 January 2015 03:42 AM

Yes. Also, all other games will be removed from AdventureGamers and the site will be converted to a tribute shrine for the winning game. No discussion of any game other than the Best Game will be permitted on the forums. Anyone even thinking of discussing another game will be instantly and permanently banned, then hunted down by Timovieman who will make them play Best Game 12 times in a row.

Wink

He he - Fine by me… but only for a limited time… right?

Adventure Games Forever - 06 January 2015 10:02 AM

Great idea - In fact I will sponsor a copy of The Longest Journey to be drawn between all the predict that The Longest Journey wins - and are right Innocent

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

DoTT vs Broken Age?  Cry That… that was hard.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Adventure Games Forever - 06 January 2015 09:08 PM
zane - 06 January 2015 11:44 AM

Very true! :-(

Well, if you have secret predictions it’ll at least not influnece anyone else. I dunno, just a thought.

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Mr Underhill - 07 January 2015 03:43 AM

Well, if you have secret predictions it’ll at least not influnece anyone else. I dunno, just a thought.

I made my own secret prediction bracket. Let’s see how accurate it is later. It will probably be a lot more accurate than my basketball brackets.

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Maybe we could private message our predicted brackets to Bogi or TimovieMan…

I have some extra copies of some games that I could give to the winner.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

I know it is maybe a bit too late for this suggestion but wouldn’t it be better if the score of each game in the knockout phase was in spoilers? I like that added bit of suspense of not knowing the scores so that way I can decide on my votes and check them out afterwards.
And I apologize if someone already posted this, don’t have time to go through all the pages Grin

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Rolandesch - 07 January 2015 06:08 AM

I know it is maybe a bit too late for this suggestion but wouldn’t it be better if the score of each game in the knockout phase was in spoilers? I like that added bit of suspense of not knowing the scores so that way I can decide on my votes and check them out afterwards.
And I apologize if someone already posted this, don’t have time to go through all the pages Grin

Good suggestion, I agree Smile

But I’m not sure how to do it because it is in the code part :o

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Rolandesch - 07 January 2015 06:08 AM

Or you could simply not looking at the first post Wink Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Wow. From the results thus far,
Riven will probably get eliminated by….the Neverhood.
Zork GI seems that will get eliminated by…Primordia.
(Both Neverhood and Primordia are great games, but no way near the Riven or Zork GI level!!)

Seems that the only 1st person games that will move to the next round are from the Tex franchize.
So little love for the 1st person adventures…

It’s depressive….
Frown

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Add to that The Last Express elimination by Blackwell Epiphany!

And all non-Jane Jensen games from Sierra are going out…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top