• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Big Adventure Gamers “VS - There Can Be Only One” Tournament

Poll: Would you like to have a group stage before direct knock-out duels?
Total Votes: 32
Group stage before the direct elimination duels
Immediately start with the knock-out rounds (128 - 64 - 32...)

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

Oscar - 18 February 2015 11:35 PM
Iznogood - 18 February 2015 10:35 AM

And of course if it wouldn’t have been for The Tesla Effect then many people would not even have heard of Tex Murphy and The Pandora Directive, and we all know that if it wasn’t because the recent announcement of Day of the Tentacle Remastered then most people would have completely forgotten that this game even exists, and only voted for it because they want to ensure that it is not cancelled.

I don’t know, it’s a little hard to believe there are people out there who say ‘I got this great new game yesterday called Tesla Effect, it’s so amazing and I had no idea it was a long running series! Now I’m going to acquire an old PC with Windows 98, buy Pandora Directive off ebay and play this ancient game.’

I’m pretty sure 99% of Tesla Effect buyers were already previous fans of the series. But if I’m wrong and those people exist, then I’m happy to be proven wrong!

That’s not 100% accurate either. It’s a little in between that…

A lot of the message boards on Steam for Tesla Effect were people asking the question “Do I need to play the others first before playing this one?”. And then a lot of people who spoke favorably of the game also stated they were very curious about the previous titles. Then, after the game was offered as part of a humble bundle, there was a huge influx of players asking about the series and where it was available. There was also a huge number of folks giving away their copy too, but that is of course the nature of humble bundles.

There have also been a spike in “Let’s play” streamers playing the previous titles, either after playing Tesla, in anticipation of Tesla (Dansgaming played Pandora), or just fans who played Tesla first and fell in love with the character (Jesse Cox, who has been requested to play UAKM and Pandora multiple times due to his entertaining stream of Tesla).

Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation) and TotalBiscuit also brought the older games in the series to light when they did a video on Tesla, which provided further exposure to the longevity of the series.

The previous titles (UAKM, PD and Overseer) have bee available on Steam for over a year (Win 7/8 compatible), and the earlier two in addition to these were available on GOG as far back as 3 years ago.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

It’s interesting to extract the list of LucasArts(Film) adventures:

1.  Grim Fandango
2.  Day of the Tentacle
3.  Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
4.  The Secret of Monkey Island
5.  The Curse of Monkey Island
6.  Full Throttle
7.  Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
8.  The Dig
9.  Sam & Max Hit the Road
10. Loom
11. Maniac Mansion

Only Zak McKracken, IJ: Last Crusade and Escape from MI were left out from placement as arguably “the weakest” from their catalogue, that says a lot Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Bogi for the work you’ve put into this Tournament & also Caliburn & the AG staff here. It was a lot of fun to take part in & appreciate the effort of all.

I have played Grim Fandango - there’s parts of it I loved & parts of it I found boring so for me it’s really NOT as there’s so many other games I like a lot better but I can’t deny it’s a good game & not worthy - but I am disappointed that it wasn’t beaten by a game I like better!!!!! As for DoTT I really don’t know as I’ve never played it but I’m intrigued!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top