• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Big Adventure Gamers “VS - There Can Be Only One” Tournament

Poll: Would you like to have a group stage before direct knock-out duels?
Total Votes: 32
Group stage before the direct elimination duels
Immediately start with the knock-out rounds (128 - 64 - 32...)

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 05 February 2015 04:25 PM
UPtimist - 05 February 2015 04:19 PM
SoccerDude28 - 04 February 2015 02:09 PM

If there is one thing I learned from this tournament, it is that I really need to play the Tex games. They sound like classic games based on the love that was shown to them.

Yeah, I’ve had them in GOG for a long time, but still haven’t gotten around to them - seems like I should, though… Although I wonder which is the best to start from.

Under a Killing Moon

What wilco said.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yes, Under a Killing Moon is the best place to start.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Did someone lock “Semifinal 1”?

Tried to vote (for Pandora Directive) and got “Unable to receive your submission at this time”.

First post says the voting ends at 2/8 23:59.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

It’s a forum behavior, I think to prevent spam. The forum wasn’t doing this before, but it’s started doing it recently. (Maybe the settings were changed.) If you write just “The Pandora Directive,” which may precisely match some previous people’s posts, the forum rejects it as a duplicate. That’s why people have started writing longer, unique things instead like “I also vote for The Pandora Directive.”

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Caliburn - 07 February 2015 06:11 AM

It’s a forum behavior, I think to prevent spam. The forum wasn’t doing this before, but it’s started doing it recently. (Maybe the settings were changed.) If you write just “The Pandora Directive,” which may precisely match some previous people’s posts, the forum rejects it as a duplicate. That’s why people have started writing longer, unique things instead like “I also vote for The Pandora Directive.”

Of course not. It is only a conspiracy from the Purple Tentacle itself!!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 07 February 2015 06:17 AM

Of course it is, he rigged the whole voting a long time ago, and if we don’t all stand together against him, he will succeed in take over the entire forum and we will be forced into purple tentacle worshipping for the rest of our lives!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Grim Fandango is leading Gabriel Knight in the 2nd semi finals by a small margin of 2 votes. There is one more day of voting allowed, so any Gabriel Knight fans that still want to vote: Now is the time to do so.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 07 February 2015 06:27 AM
Sefir - 07 February 2015 06:17 AM

Of course it is, he rigged the whole voting a long time ago, and if we don’t all stand together against him, he will succeed in take over the entire forum and we will be forced into purple tentacle worshipping for the rest of our lives!

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Caliburn - 07 February 2015 06:11 AM

Thanks. Yes, a more unique reply did the trick.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ironic?, lol ..so the whole tournament ends up to a certain cage match i made two months ago The Greatest of the Great which had inspired bogi to start it all. well, I hate to say it guys,  but i am just too awesome!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 08 February 2015 05:33 PM

Ironic?, lol ..so the whole tournament ends up to a certain cage match i made two months ago The Greatest of the Great which had inspired bogi to start it all. well, I hate to say it guys,  but i am just too awesome!

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 08 February 2015 05:33 PM

These are also my 2 favorite games of all time Smile Great minds think alike.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Kudos Advie! True symbolism Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Those two semi-finals were so closely fought, it’s like they could have gone either way.

Glad to see my predicted final is the actual final. And Advie called it too. Officially even. If only betting had been possible. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Sefir - 05 February 2015 04:30 PM
wilco - 05 February 2015 04:25 PM
UPtimist - 05 February 2015 04:19 PM
SoccerDude28 - 04 February 2015 02:09 PM

If there is one thing I learned from this tournament, it is that I really need to play the Tex games. They sound like classic games based on the love that was shown to them.

Yeah, I’ve had them in GOG for a long time, but still haven’t gotten around to them - seems like I should, though… Although I wonder which is the best to start from.

Under a Killing Moon

What wilco said.

Iznogood - 06 February 2015 02:25 AM

Yes, Under a Killing Moon is the best place to start.

Okay, thanks!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top