You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 05:02 AM   #681
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

In NWN2, I'm at the point where I need to prepare for the trial. Also, before I do the trial, I'm at the Collector's mansion, trying to help Neeshka.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:12 AM   #682
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Hrm....why continue the discussion AFGNCCAP?
I didn't want to leave Trep not taken to task for actual trolling (note how he made two further confrontational posts after "dropping this shit" announcement?), as opposed to imagined one.
Quote:
Let the thread get back on track.
You're right, though, that it wasn't necessary. Sorry, I'll shut up now.

---------------

Now playing (progressing very slowly, due to lack of time): Ballance - unique and extremely addictive!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #683
Look behind you!

Im playing The Dig. Great game, but most of the puzzles are very hard. I'm looking for Maggie with that holeass Brink.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:17 AM   #684
Master of time and space

Command and Conquer 3
Battle of Cologne as GDI getting my ass whooped by the Scrin. Dammit, even though I've taken out all enemy producing buildings except one, they still keep producing units faster than I.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #685

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

I have started my Horror Summer by finishing Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, not only that, I have bought a GameCube with Resident Evil 0-3 and Codename Veronica. I have also bought a Playstation 2 with Project Zero/Fatal Frame 1-3. I am currently playing Resident Evil 0. For some reason I am enjoying it better than Resident Evil 4.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #686
Adventure Game Researcher

I am really enjoying Jade Empire, I LOVE the graphics, and the beauty of the artistry, it is like playing in a series of living paintings, the voice actings is top notch, the game play engrossing and entertaining and the story line is one of the nicest I have encountered in a long time. I love the phlisophy and the angst of it all. I am playing as Prodigy Lu and he is having a great time in spite of my fumble fingeredness re the action sequences, which are kind enough to allow me to continue but with the setttings possible I can see it would also be ok for more skilled players at such. I have finally "saved" the Forest, not thanks to the Mother, geez, and now have new adventures to look forward to.

I also want to mention i find the compaion functions one of the best sets of such I have seen, they are reasonable, work well and make interacting with a companion rewarding and very attractive. I have avoided such as I do not have an encycopedic brain for tons of details and codes and such and this system is both user frinedly and interacts well with the story line.

I will try to post some screenies later, the visuals are just stunning. I now harbor hopes for a sequel and I am not even done with the 'beginning" of it all

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #687
Homer of Kittens

I'm currently towards the end of God of War 2 (finally got enough free time to play it), and just like its predecessor, it is one of the most visceral and exciting games I've played. I recommend it to anyone who loves a good action/adventure experience.

Firefox rules
Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #688
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV View Post
I am really enjoying Jade Empire, I LOVE the graphics, and the beauty of the artistry, it is like playing in a series of living paintings, the voice actings is top notch, the game play engrossing and entertaining and the story line is one of the nicest I have encountered in a long time. I love the phlisophy and the angst of it all...
Have you played the Ayshi The Mournful Blade quest yet? Easily the most tear jerking for me.

Quote:
I also want to mention i find the compaion functions one of the best sets of such I have seen, they are reasonable, work well and make interacting with a companion rewarding and very attractive. I have avoided such as I do not have an encycopedic brain for tons of details and codes and such and this system is both user frinedly and interacts well with the story line.
You're playing the PC version, I gather. I have the Xbox version so don't know if I can play it as well with mouse & keyboard.

Quote:
I will try to post some screenies later, the visuals are just stunning. I now harbor hopes for a sequel and I am not even done with the 'beginning" of it all
Don't hope that much, Bioware is toying around with the idea of a sequel. And if the same happens again and Microsoft supports it, it'll first be an Xbox360 exclusive and will port to PC shortly after.

As much as some hardcore RPG gamers bitch and complain ( and you know who you are, you dumb selfish whiny tools), I'm swimmingly excited that developers like Bioware and Bethesda are more supportive of these kinds of RPGs for a wider audience.

Why the hell should those snobby-ass gamers be the only ones to enjoy such rich worlds just because they think they can handle the mind bogglingly insane (and often times unnecessary) micro-micromanagement of stats? Fook that, I don't want to spend 75% of the time doing math, I wanna explore, get story, and get totally lost in such worlds!

End of rant.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #689
gin soaked boy

I-Ninja was easy at first, but some later timed challenges are very frustrating. It's no Psychonauts, but it's fine.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:32 AM   #690

Dofus, lvl 77 on Rush

Some screens:

Here on the wikipedia you can find more informations:
wikipedia about DOFUS

To download it:
download DOFUS
Old 05-30-2007, 01:50 AM   #691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
(...)Why the hell should those snobby-ass gamers be the only ones to enjoy such rich worlds just because they think they can handle the mind bogglingly insane (and often times unnecessary) micro-micromanagement of stats?(...)
"I'd like to have a argument, please"
""Certainly sir. Have you been here before?"
"No, I haven't, this is my first time"
"Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?"
Old 05-30-2007, 05:03 AM   #692
gin soaked boy

That bloody I-Ninja is one of the hardest games I ever played. There are missions that require you to make a perfect run, and I mean perfect. Make a single mistake and you won't make it in time so every time you screw something up (and there are oh so many things to screw up), you need to restart the level.

True, those missions are optional, but I want to finish all of them. One thing's for certain, I'll need a new gamepad when I'm done with it.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #693
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Aah, I-Ninja. I can't do more than the first set of levels .

Truly one of the hardest platform games. And yet I really like the style .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:34 AM   #694
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

In NWN2, I'm dividing my time between upgrading the Keep, and searching some ruins for a way to defeat the King of Shadows.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:07 AM   #695
Adventure Game Researcher

Intrepid, no i havent played the Mournful Blade quest yet, i just got through the bouts in the arena and am heading next to the Necropolis.... <shudder> to visit the Lotus Assasins in their hang out....yes I am playing the PC version, and the interface Biowar set up is very user friendly. I will keep up my hopes re a sequel and in the meantime play the other games they have done that I have not had time to see yet, may try Dragon Age next.

I too am enjoying the new expanded genre of epic adventure rpg with beautiful worlds. The ambience and setting really make a huge difference to me and IMHO seem to offer a great use of this fantastic medium of CGI.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 06-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #696
gin soaked boy

I-Ninja hates me. I had to replay the third "sneaking" mission in the third world for some 40 or 50 times, no exaggeration. I've been playing it for three hours straight, cursing like a madman, but I finally made it. I believe I still have about one half of the missions to go.

If you think you can take anything a 3D platformer can throw at you, this is the game to try. Basic missions are seductively easy, but those timed monstrosities are HARD.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-03-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #697
Homer of Kittens

Currently playing C&C 3 on my new beefed up PC. I'm in level 6 of the GDI campaign, and I'm loving it.

Firefox rules
Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #698

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Working on Resident Evil Code Veronica X. I would have been done by now if it wasnt for a gallstone attack
Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #699
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Working on Resident Evil Code Veronica X. I would have been done by now if it wasnt for a gallstone attack
Are you OK now JemyM? I've heard that gallstone attacks are about the most painful a man can ever experience. (women give birth and that beats everything in terms of pain)

Anyway, I had the biggest problem with the elevator codes on the Bermuda platform in The Moment of Silence. After two days of trying I checked the UHS hints (up until this point I had solved everything without any hints so I was very disappointed having to look for help) and discovered that the game here actually is flawed, giving the wrong clues.
Spoiler:
The code for the elevator in the game says: TR M BR B - BL T TR, but in order to make the elevator work, the proper code is: TR M BR - BL B BR
Old 06-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #700
Super Moderator

Just to note, that issue was fixed in a patch.