You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #701
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Just to note, that issue was fixed in a patch.
I figured as much. AFAIK there's only one patch available. Should I download it even though I've passed the elevator puzzle?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #702

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Are you OK now JemyM? I've heard that gallstone attacks are about the most painful a man can ever experience (women give birth and that beats everything in terms of pain)
I do not know if im ok yet. I still have the stones, it's just a question if they are going to cause any more pain or not.

Ohwell, half-through Code Veronica X now.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #703
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

I had stones once, don't remember what kind...but yeah, it was horribly painful. You definitely have my sympathy.

Oh, and just to stay on topic, in NWN2 I just had one of my party members,
Spoiler:
Shandra Jerro
, die in
Spoiler:
Ammon Jerro's Haven
. VERY unexpected, and kind of depressing.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney View Post
I had stones once, don't remember what kind...but yeah, it was horribly painful. You definitely have my sympathy.

Oh, and just to stay on topic, in NWN2 I just had one of my party members,
Spoiler:
Shandra Jerro
, die in
Spoiler:
Ammon Jerro's Haven
. VERY unexpected, and kind of depressing.
It gets worse , but it's supposed to be fixed in the expansion.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #705
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

That character comes back?? COOL! lol, in the lengthy cutscenes, even Neeshka and Grobnar got bummed out...and Neeshka HATED that person!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #706
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Should I download it even though I've passed the elevator puzzle?
I think you can get away with not bothering now
Old 06-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #707
Look behind you!

The only two games I've been playing between studying are Indy Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Broken Sword 2. Both are realllly fun games. I'm trying to beat them with no walkthrough because I usually use one when I am really stuck instead of trying to figure it out myself.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #708
gin soaked boy

Monkey Ball from hell. I honestly wish each and every person involved in creation of this level would die a horrible death. No, I wish them all to lose persons they love the most in incredibly painful ways and I want them to know they are being punished for indulging their sadistic urges when building this particular I-Ninja level. Hours and hours of time spent, hundreds and hundreds or retries - no use.

EDIT: I take some of it back, I did it!

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-05-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #709

Quote:
That character comes back?? COOL! lol, in the lengthy cutscenes, even Neeshka and Grobnar got bummed out...and Neeshka HATED that person!
No, actually... things get even worse. But some of the things that gets worse will get repaired in the expansion. You will see when you have finished the game what I talk about.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:10 AM   #710
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
No, actually... things get even worse. But some of the things that gets worse will get repaired in the expansion. You will see when you have finished the game what I talk about.
Oh, okay...we were talking about 2 different things, I think. This was actually plot-related, the death involved several cutscenes, and characters reacting emotionally to it. I misunderstood; thought you were saying that specific death was going to be addressed in MotB, but you were maybe talking more about game-glitch stuff. The plot-related stuff was why I was using spoiler tags, didn't want anyone to read it and go, "Aw, maaan!! Why'd he tell me that??"

lol, on a glitch-related note, though...it'd sure be nice if they released the next patch. My party members keep killing each other after every battle, lmao. Freakin' me out.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:28 AM   #711
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

I am stuck at Missing: the 13th victim at ABAI and no one is willing to help me!
Wishlist: Belief & Betrayal, Gabriel Knight Series, Black Dahlia ...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:27 AM   #712
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

After a long spell of no game-playing, I've been inspired to re-install Jagged Alliance 2, since I never got around to finishing it the first time (I think I left off with San Mona and Meduna un-liberated). So far I've finished Omerta and Drassen and I'm working on Alma, whee!

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 06-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #713
Vigilant

Call of Juarez, Puzzle Quest, and Crush. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #714

I decided to install Oblivion again, in an attempt to finish Shivering Isles... hopefully I will be able to pass the feldew thing this time. Last time there was a bug, so I wasn't able to get anymore feldew... so I couldn't enter, and I had to restart the game. Maybe I will have more luck this time, so I can shelf this game.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #715

Quote:
Oh, okay...we were talking about 2 different things, I think. This was actually plot-related, the death involved several cutscenes, and characters reacting emotionally to it. I misunderstood; thought you were saying that specific death was going to be addressed in MotB, but you were maybe talking more about game-glitch stuff. The plot-related stuff was why I was using spoiler tags, didn't want anyone to read it and go, "Aw, maaan!! Why'd he tell me that??"

lol, on a glitch-related note, though...it'd sure be nice if they released the next patch. My party members keep killing each other after every battle, lmao. Freakin' me out.
No, I am actually talking about the plot, the end of the story.

I think you need to finish the game first to see what I mean with the expansion hopefully "repairing" the end of the storyline. I dont want to give any spoilers though.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #716
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Scratches: Doing some pixel hunting to finish off the day.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #717
Adventure Game Researcher

Well, i am having a Wonderful time with Jade Empire, it is just an amazing game, combining elements of adventure, role playing, action and much more. I am to the last major area of the game, Dirge and really enjoyed the time in the Imperial City. I am well along with several other games including Tomb Raider Legends, which gets pretty challenging in the mid way area of the game but the settings and the game progress is quite good. I have started the new release of Tomb Raider Anniversary and there is great new areas of the Manor to explore which I really enjoy, and the game controls and texturing, etc. is fine. I have stalled a bit in my replay through Dreamfall, and may not return to it for a while but enjoyed the way that they created Old Marcuria very much, beautiful settings and scenes and weather. Have made some more progress with The Chronicles of Riddick, but the progress through the lower prision area is tough and I had to take a break before making it to the mines. I am still very impressed with the way they integrate the vids of the main charactter and the overall appearance of the game world is very nice, crisp and clear, like Doom 3. I have Return ot Mysterious Island going in the background and also Syberia I, but had to stop trying with Prince of Persia Sands of Time the full 3D game in the series, it has beautiful settings and modeling but there was one place where you have to jump the Prince up the side of a huge statue head at the very beginning of the game that was just impossible to achieve with a keyboard, at least mine. Maybe it works better on a console, but it was very frustrating and I almost wore out my fingers and totally wore out my patience trying. As I am playing on GameTap, i cannot use Save Game Files to get by that spot so I had to reluctantly give up. I may contact the company to see if there is some fault with that area because it was just impossible with the way they were requiring the player to do it. Again, at least for me. I have Oblivion going with some new body replacer mods by Exnem which are superb, his Eye Candy mods and they make a HUGE difference in the NPC and main character appearence and his team of associates and he have done full mods for all the clothing in the game and added some so that is a nice breakthrough for me. I have the Nine add ons loaded and just started on one of them, which looks like a lot of fun. I was in Bruma and really enjoying things I got sent there for a brief stay in the correctinal facilities for trying a lock pick on a neighbor's house in Skingrad, I have a nice house there.....and was just curious as to why there was no one home ever, but an eagle eyed guard was NOT pleased so from the prision i accepted a nice note from a Countess to look for an artifact for her....and so the adventure continues. I am spending some time learning the controls in OB more carefully which makes a difference in how immersive it can be, and am enjoying it.

I have DIG and Kyrandia II on deep background but am saving them for a rainly day, likewise Monkey Island III, I got stumped on one of the puzzles in town in that one, and I think I forgot to pick something up I needed earlier in the game so was lazy and shelved it for a while.

I do have Neverwinter Nights 2 loaded and tried several times to get comfortable with the controls, the second session I got fartehr along, but still have a lot of trouble using the Driving POV, when I try to look around, the camera loses lock and I am messed up, so I cant really move well in that game yet. Anyone have special tips they might lure me back because I see the game world in that one looks quite nice and I would like to be able to enjoy and enter the story.

I have a long term project of studying some of the online game worlds, and have done some work in Anarchy Online, Funcom, which has some nice aspects but also some rather limited texturing and detailing in the game world....and I am a regular player on URU Live Online via GameTap. I have considered trying their Age of Conan but not signed up yet, as it is still in beta and the game from the NDA provisions you have to sign seems not to be stable enough yet for me to risk my main systems. Likewise the new on line Lord of the Rings which is in early days. I looked at Silk Road but they were having major problems with bots and a melt down of the player community. Eve and WOW do not interest me though I know they both have their good points. So that is it for now, it will be a busy summer. Oh, yes, I am also playing through some of the Star Wars games, Jedi Academy I am enjoying and plan to look at KOTR soon, it looks great.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 06-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #718
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV View Post
I have Return ot Mysterious Island going in the background and also Syberia I, but had to stop trying with Prince of Persia Sands of Time the full 3D game in the series, it has beautiful settings and modeling but there was one place where you have to jump the Prince up the side of a huge statue head at the very beginning of the game that was just impossible to achieve with a keyboard, at least mine. Maybe it works better on a console, but it was very frustrating and I almost wore out my fingers and totally wore out my patience trying. As I am playing on GameTap, i cannot use Save Game Files to get by that spot so I had to reluctantly give up. I may contact the company to see if there is some fault with that area because it was just impossible with the way they were requiring the player to do it. Again, at least for me.
I'm not sure if I remember that part correctly, but I do remember I was also having problems with it - at first, that is - even though I played with a gamepad. Like I said, I'm not sure if I remember how to get past it, but I think you need to press the jump button slower, don't hammer it. Also, I believe you don't have to keep pressing directional keys once you start jumping, just the jump key (or just hold the directional key you pressed when you started jumping). Again, I might be wrong, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-08-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #719
Adventure Game Researcher

Oh there may be hope then, I was so frustrated I almost ate my keyboard...
i was as you say, hammering it by the end...ok, i may try that, i really would at least like to get INTO the game, so far, this was a real dead end for me. I can see what you are suggesting and will try that. I just could not get the Prince to make more than one jump from side to side, you have, as you may remember, to jump UP going from a standing stop at the bottom to jump UP the head, then from there to the wall of a rising chimney area, and then turn and jump back to the head and back to the wall up and up to the top. Laura Croft could do it, but the Prince would make one jump to the wall and then fall down, for me, as I could not see how to make him turn and jump back all at the same time. Thousands have obviously achieved this, but me, I remain a flop ... ..so far thanks IC, that was nice of you.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 06-10-2007, 12:52 AM   #720
kamikaze hummingbirds

Metal Gear Solid 2

I've got 400 seconds to get to strut E, and it is frustratingly difficult.
I hope it getsbetter, because at this moment, it seems farely overrated...