You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #641
Look behind you!

I was just playing LeChucks Revenge. Fun game... usual from LucasArts.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #642
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Treasure Island on hold because of amazing In memoriam game or Missing: Since January. Whee...
Wishlist: Belief & Betrayal, Gabriel Knight Series, Black Dahlia ...
Old 05-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #643

I've been mostly busy with school and such, but now that it's over, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2. I think I'm pretty far in the game, at the point where you have to revisit the various Disney worlds a second time.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #644
eXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold-Factor View Post
I've been mostly busy with school and such, but now that it's over, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2. I think I'm pretty far in the game, at the point where you have to revisit the various Disney worlds a second time.
The story gets really screwy right after that....
Old 05-10-2007, 05:42 AM   #645
Lazy Bee

Broken Sword 4
I've just arrived at the N.Y hotel.

This game will be terrible to finish since the mouse/cursor doesn't work properly. I've tried the patch and did a change in the compat.ini file according the read me file of the patch. Nothing really worked. I've decided to shamelessly use a walkthrough to get my money's worth from this game, namely the story. The gameplay will be horrible, might as well enjoy the story and get this over with.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:00 AM   #646
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Hitman: Blood Money

I'm at the second Louisiana mission, at the wedding. I'm trying to figure out how to take out the groom without being detected.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXo View Post
The story gets really screwy right after that....
What? Now you've got me worried. And to think I was enjoying playing as a lion-cub Sora, and helping Tron fight the evil MCP among many things.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #648

Destination: Treasure Island

-Just made Cannonball, i have to find out what to do with it.
Anyway, great game, I have played two days and im amazed.
just play this.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #649

I have visited Nar Shadaa, Korriban, and Dantooine, and found 3 Jedi Masters so far in Knights of the Old Republic II. I am now at Onderon, and am trying to find a way over to the planet because I was forced to land on the moon Dxun.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #650

FF 9.

10 hours into the game. Kinda fun to go back in time.
Fed up of random encounters but i got my ass kicked quite a few times.

----------
resistance fall of man

I am pushing myself to beat it, quite boring. Dont know what the hype is all about.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #651
Look behind you!

Day of the Tentacle. Wow. DEFINITELY one of the best games ever made for the PC. I'm quite far in it, I don't think theres much left.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #652
merely human

GT video review | high def version

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Clearly one of the most obscenely beautiful games I've ever played.

Except that I had first got it last year as the very first title for my then new Xbox360, and its sheer size, scope, and depth scared the shit out of me, not least of which was because I've never played an RPG this complex before and all the stats management and micromanagement were - and still are - highly intimidating. I'm such a damn n00b.

Oh, where am I? I kinda don't care at the moment. Hmm, almost everything I've done involves exploration and discovery, in great part to simply gawk at the obscenely jawdropping beauty of the gameworld and how deep it is. I'm a stunning acid green haired female wood elf, level 13 as I type, stealth mage fighter (specialty in two handed sword, spellcasting, sneaking, and thieving). But I finally bought the Prima guide (handsome guide, too) and it's helping, the entire world is finally cracking open for me.

So far I'm staying clear of the main story quests and am just finding new ways to get into trouble. I've done a bunch of side quests (sadly the stories are nowhere near as emotionally involving as those of KOTOR and Jade Empire, this game seriously needs better writing), snuck around and stole stuff to fund my spell purchases, and just started pickpocketing (I could really use those invisibility spells but I imagine I can't learn them til I complete several Mage Guild quests for recommendation into the Arcane University, where I'll be taught spell design and casting).

So goes....
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #653
No justice. Only me.

I've been on a gaming spree since I stopped playing World of Warcraft, and catching up on all the games I've missed since March of 2005, when I started, and December of 2006, when I stopped.

So far I've played through Psychonauts, Gun, Prey, Serious Sam 2, the Sam and Max series up to Reality 2.0, and Riven (I know, released before 2005 ) thanks to a combination of both Steam and Gametap. Also played Bully, God of War, and Kingdom Hearts for the PS2. I also just finished F.E.A.R. on the PC, which I also bought retail.

I'm currently in the middle of both Shadow of the Colossus on my PS2, and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within on Gametap. On the former, I've only made it past the first three collosi, and on the latter, I just got the lion sword after getting through the clock tower. I love the former, but the latter is kind of frustrating. I liked Sands of Time much more.

Also, I've been playing a ton of Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero 2. It's the sole reason I bought a PS2 last September, although obviously I've bought more games for it since. I'm only got four more songs to 5-star on Expert before I unlock The Log!

So yeah, that's MY gaming history since I last was here.

Last edited by ConcreteRancor; 05-14-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #654
Lazy Bee

I'm playing The Moment of Silence and I'm at the Nuclear Café trying to get my messenger back.
Everything looks fine so far.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #655
gin soaked boy

I'm slowly playing through NOLF 2 and occasionally testing my reflexes with Echoes (current best score 785250 on normal difficulty, if anyone wants to compare).
Old 05-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #656
merely human

Preview clip featuring gameplay and graphics.

Currently having fun with the demo for Dirt. Damn it's difficult, and that's the amateur setting, too! But it's so good and I haven't been off road racing since Rallysport Challenge. All you 360 owners give it a spin, please!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2007, 11:32 AM   #657
Adventure Game Researcher

Playing through Jade Empire and I love the graphics and the ambience and the philosophy behind the game.

Also plodding through Tomb Raider Legends, and I say plod not because of the game which is beautiful and a lot of fun, but because i am NOT the most nimble fingered in the leaping and climbing department, but the beauty of the game keeps me going.

Also playing Chronicles of Riddick and enjoying the graphics and ease of game play, about to get down to the mines.

And have been playing off and on at X2 and enjoy the graphics and story tho the cut scenes are a bit clunky.

I am also enjoying a continuing exploration of Oblivion, which I agree totaly with Intrepid is one of the most beautiful game worlds created yet, i am avoiding the main quest so that I can explore and enjoy all the various areas, and complete some of the side quests and some of the mod quests, added Knights of the Nine recently and that adds even more. With houses of your own you can explore areas of the world with your own home base. Lovely.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs

Last edited by Christian IV; 05-24-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #658
merely human

Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV View Post
Playing through Jade Empire and I love the graphics and the ambience and the philosophy behind the game.
Tell me you're excited to get your hands on the upcoming Mass Effect, too. It's a Bioware game and they made Jade Empire, if you didn't already know.

I've played Jade Empire twice through and had a most marvelous time. Bioware has the finest and most emotionally involving stories.

Don't you just love Oblivion? I'll bet it steal hours and hours away from your life, as it is currently doing so from mine. Sigh, if only we could have some adventure games that looked this good, played this intelligently, and offered exploration this deep.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #659
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Restarted NWN2 after some buggy problems, am now fighting off hordes of githyanki in an empty village.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #660
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV View Post
Also playing Chronicles of Riddick and enjoying the graphics and ease of game play, about to get down to the mines.
Glad you like it. The mines part is a little hard at first because you have no way of obtaining a ranged weapon (at least I couldn't find any) and there are many armed guards, some in unreachable places. You'll have to use your head in order to dispose of several enemies and I suppose you might like that.

But the best is yet to come.