You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #881
Lazy Bee

I'm in the beginning of Act III of Discworld Noir.
Spoiler:
I can turn into werewolf shape and I have an inventory of scents. Amazing!
I haven't encountered anything like this in my gaming career so far, and I'm enjoying every minute.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #882
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Daikatana - PC - Got all the way to Mishima headquarters but then ended up smashing my partner with an elevator. That's all for now, I'll give a go tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:34 AM   #883

Dreamfall, chap 4
Old 09-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #884
Adventure Game Researcher

Trying Overlord from Codemasters, quite a lot of fun and the graphics are lovely, will report as I get more into it.

Plan on trying Guild Wars Factions and Gothic and perhaps Two Worlds next along with KOTR....which I have long wanted to see. Must conplete summer work first......

Finished TR Anniversary and Legends both, fine fine titles and well done but the endings of both drop off too fast. they needed to tie them into the Manor to give some finalized stablity to Lara and her story. I still appreciate all they put into those fine games in settings and environment espeically.

I decided not to play Bioshock no matter how appealing the settings and graphics are, the subject is too gruesome for words for me, which I am sorry about as it sounds like a super achievemnt in game dynamics and technical details.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 09-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #885
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Halo 2, I'm at the third level. Proving to be a bit of a challenge, but in a good way. I'll never be a Halo fan, but this game has its moments.

So now I'm working on BioShock, Halo 2, and Oblivion all at once.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #886
DAVE

Started Morrowind again. It was overwhelming, the first time I played it, I was so lost I just gave up on it, because I just did not know where to go and what to do, and how. Now it seems to be more fun. Ahhh, age, how you change a man
Old 09-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #887
Lovable rogue

I started playing Paradise this morning.

I got up to the part where I left the harem. I'm not terribly impressed thus far, I'm hoping it improves. Oh, and the interface is horrible.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I started playing Paradise this morning.

I got up to the part where I left the harem. I'm not terribly impressed thus far, I'm hoping it improves. Oh, and the interface is horrible.
Make sure you use the patch. It allows to make the interface somewhat less horrible (by turning off the animated cursors).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 09-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #889
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Safe Cracker.... and Heroes of Might and Magic V...except we're completely stuck on the latter thanks to a game killing bug which Ubisoft can't even fix.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:32 AM   #890
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Make sure you use the patch. It allows to make the interface somewhat less horrible (by turning off the animated cursors).
Thanks.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-03-2007, 04:30 AM   #891

I've had a rough couple of weeks and am not in the mood to use my poor battered brain any more than necessary, so I've set aside the "serious" games for now and am enjoying Deathtrap Dungeon. Very similar flavour to Tomb Raider, which isn't surprising as it was made by Eidos at about the same time.

I've made it about halfway through the second level and have died probably a hundred times. A very tough game, but loads of fun. I like the little imps that wear "Deathtrap Dungeon" hoodies and come at you with knives and forks at the ready.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #892

Scratches.

Unfortunately, not really my style so far.

I got the right thread this time.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #893
Adventure Game Researcher

Time to take a look at the end of summer progress on a number of games:
from latest to oldest in terms of play:
Overlord (codemasters) have gotten to Castle Spire, survived Melvin's Kitchen and got the Reds as well as the Brown minions in tow, it is a lot of fun, a spoof of LOTR, and much fantasy, with great graphics and a improveable Tower home, I am really enjoying it during a really busy time at work and restarting my own creative work...
Oblivion constantly adding mods, and have spent the last year learning and moving around the gameworld, tweaking as i go, finished the Mages quests so finally got to get into the Imperial University which was a hoot and have gained real estate in a variety of places, and added the Knights of the Ninve content, and redid all the bodies with Exnem's and have never regretted it....will update my research article on this soon, and I do plan also to return to Morrowind soon, and do Bloodmoon, etc. now that I have OB going too. I also have RedGuard wiating to check out for more comparison. They are all classics in their own way....and I have great hopes for TESV.
Jade Empire had to stop when he (my main char) got to the inner part of the Monastary have not had time to master the changing attackes thingy enough to get past a tough 3 mid level boss scene, but really love this game, a great graphics and lore mixtture with fantastic scenes and settings....and good in game dialog tho i wish the main char could talk along with the NPC's and other quest chars
Deus Ex I and Invisible War: have both in my line up and have gotten into DEI but not gotten out of Seattle, really like it, but not enough time.
Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, got to the mines but have not had time or energy to get through the fights to get into the mines tthemselves, love the graphics, and the gameplay seems good, just not enough time ....in the lineup for mid fall.
Neverwinter Nights 2;;; still in the intro phase and making some sort of adjustment to the axial viewpoint, I may be able to adjust to it more than I thought as I am enjoying and learning to accept that birds eye view from playing and enoying Overlord, i just never went for that over the head view before, and tried to make NWN2 play like a FPS with a following cam but it was a bear to control, kept losoing control of the cam, so it is on deep hold, but i want to try that when I can, as the game world looks nice and along with Gothic, Guild Wars i want to see these worlds in action.
Far Cry - I have long finished the game and love it, and have added all the mod maps, including some of the masterpieces like the Matto 4 one, and now they have announced a Far Cry 2 is in the works for release after Crysis which is due soon. Cryengine and the new Crysis infiite game world (you can literally fly around the world without stopping) are some of the most awesome game engines around, and i just hear that a major RPG title company will use CryEngine for a 3D full movement world, cool.
Tomb Raiders: Legends and Anniversary, finished both and love them both, but there are some story bumps, i wish they had better endings, but that is a small quibble for fantastic graphics and settings and they are a great development of the older titles which are fun but just pale in the face of what is possible with new engines.
Dreamfall - OK, i am still working through it carefully when I have the time and energy to face the flaws, am just at the point where the conflict starts to heat up, and April is in Japan....will see how i can get through it finally, with an indepth run through.
URU - MOUL Live am enjoying the episodic release of the story line and watching the URU world come to life, i revisited RIVEN too recently for some of my comparitive research and it still is a jewel, if dated a bit in what it could be if it were full 3D. URU continues to be stunning visually and with great potential for expansion of what a in depth story line multplayer can be.
on with the gameing, wish i had more time....

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #894

bioshock
kill a big daddy, just met my first little sister about 2-3 hours in
Old 09-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #895
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

BioShock
Now that my copy has finally arrived, I've actually been able to play the thing. I'm currently wandering around the fishery, looking for a camera.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #896
handsome

Evil Genius, its like a modern day Dungeon Keeper
Old 09-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #897
Coltrane

BioShock I'm in
Spoiler:
Hephasteus
right now. The game is still awesome.
Currently reading: The Name of the Rose
Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #898
Lazy Bee

I'm near the end of Discworld Noir and I just don't want this experience to be over.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #899
gin soaked boy

Replaying Halo. At first I thought I could play it on Legendary, but one level and three hours later I switched to Heroic.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #900
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

I'm in the lair of a character named Goblin Jim in Oblivion, and he's...um...not what I expected. lol