You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 04:50 AM   #841
Squeaky

Clive Barker's Undying

I've polished off Lizbeth and Ambrose, so I'm guessing I'm round about half way through.

Not bad so far - sufficiently different from your standard FPS. Not as full of dread as it could be, but has its moments.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #842

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Should be of no surprise that I have now continued my Final Fantasy summer with Final Fantasy X-2. It's a huge change to the rest of the series for sure. First of all, the game feels like it was made for teenage girls, which would make this a girl rpg? It seem to borrow bits and pieces from Charlies Angels when it comes to cutscenes and artstyle. Our pilot is in love with one of my characters, who herself is seeking for her lost love (main plot, rescue captured BOYFRIEND). I have also just met the first pregnant ex-adventurer ever. The rpg system consists of clothes that I can change on my girls who have a large wardrobe, one of them is popstar who stand next to the fight and sings and dance? Minigames so far have included walking around in a large mascot costume giving people baloons... Unlike FFX, FFX-2 is completely open, with every area in the game open from the beginning of the game.

Still, I find the game funny and adoreable. The FF series really get in touch with what it means to be human in a way that no other RPG series ever done.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #843
kamikaze hummingbirds

a lot of people said that it was more for pre-adolescent boys, due to the skimpiness of the outfits.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #844

I dunno. I have felt the FF games to be gender neutral so far, even if most of them except X-2 and XIII features an androgynous boy as main character. X-2 feels far more femenine than masculine. While some dresses are skimpy they are not "erotic". I believe Paine would have had larger hoho if they really tried to get more boys. The missions in the game, the way the story builds up, the artstyle, the minigames, the humor etc, it all feels like a girl manga.

Not to mention that, Tidus really is a super-attractive hunk. At least according to my girlfriend.

But maybe all that is just my opinion.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 AM   #845

Ooooh! Note to self, must get FFX-2. LOL!

I'm playing 'Enchanted Arms' at the moment and REALLY enjoying it. I think I'm about 80% through the game.

Spoiler:
Just finished talking to the Sage and about to go to the 'Grave Something-A-Rather' (can't remember what it's called now).

I've spent a bit over 90 hours on it and am currently level 52.

I'm actually having problems finding all the Golems to fight on each map, I've missed about four so far and even with running around heaps and getting into lots of random battles in the areas. I can't seem to find them.

It's fun, fun, fun!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #846
Master of time and space

I'm taking another break from FFX since I can't seem to beat the final boss and I'm too lazy to level up enough to beat him. So...
I'm 16h into Star Ocean - Till the end of time and enjoying myself thouroughly. While the story is well told it's not as original as the ones told in any of the FF games I've played (7, 8 & 10). The battle system (no random encounters and full real time battles) is a vast improvement over the random encounter semi real-time ones used in FF. The game seems huge since it comes on two DVDs and I'm still on the first one. Most cut scenes are used using the game engine. I don't have that much to complain about except that save spheres are used sparingly making some parts more difficult than I'd like.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #847

I have reached the final chapter of Final Fantasy X-2 and im now finishing up each area one by one. Based on my info I have I still have a chance to get 100% completion. There's probably a few nasty minigames in Chapter 5 though so I might need the whole weekend.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #848
Adventure Newbie

Deus Ex. Never got around to playing it. I just started it, so I'm at Hell's Kitchen at the moment.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #849
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums ProggleRock*!

* I read your name and Fraggle Rock immediately came to mind but I don't know if they're related.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #850
Adventure Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Welcome to the forums ProggleRock*!

* I read your name and Fraggle Rock immediately came to mind but I don't know if they're related.
Thanks! And yes, my name is sort of a spin-off from Fraggle Rock.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggleRock View Post
Deus Ex. Never got around to playing it. I just started it, so I'm at Hell's Kitchen at the moment.
Now that's a game that just keeps growing for every level you go through.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #852
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggleRock View Post
Do the secondary missions as well, you won't regret it (though DX2 was better for secondary missions, IMO)
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #853
Adventure Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Do the secondary missions as well, you won't regret it (though DX2 was better for secondary missions, IMO)
Yeah, I am. I'm kind of a nut when it comes to doing everything there is to do.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #854

Finished "Ar Tonelico" and now 5 hours into "Rule of Rose"...freaky game. Not too scary like "Fatal Frame" or "Silent Hill" but interestingly trippy...

kndy
Old 08-12-2007, 12:17 AM   #855
kamikaze hummingbirds

It was banned over here, because the tabloids said it was made by sadistic paedophiles (but according to the tabloids round here, every man and his children are sadistic paedophiles)
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #856
Super Moderator

Case 2 of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

It bugs me occasionally because
Spoiler:
they'll introduce evidence, like the second autopsy, as a surprise. If I recall correctly, that kind of evidence has to be introduced before so both the defense and prosecution can look at it before the trial.

It's a fun game but at times, the exaggerated emotions of the characters make them look kind of stupid once in a while (and they act a little incompetent at times too).

Edit: I wonder if the different dialogue choices (where you need to select an answer to proceed) give you different scenarios. It almost seems as if they don't but since this is my first play through, I don't know for sure.

Last edited by Melanie68; 08-12-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #857
delusions of adequacy

I had real trouble finishing the first Phoenix Wright. Introducing new evidence isn't really contrary to the real world, so long as its really new and wasn't just withheld to screw with opposing counsel (which happens again and again throughout the game, even Phoenix does it).

I just hate the witnesses who are allowed to lie over and over again, its so silly and its the core game mechanic! I also got tired of having to do everyone's job, not just my own.

In Phoenix land, defence lawyers don't just have to prove reasonable doubt, they can't even win by proving their client didn't do it (which you often do less than halfway through a case). No, they have to prove who did it, make them break down on the stand ala Perry Mason and confess or the asinine Judge won't make a verdict clearing your client!

Do you use the voice recognition? I don't think mine works cause I got no reaction to what I was calling the Judge.

The dialogue offers no alternate play route, the options are mostly dead ends for humor's sake or for getting a penalty (the exclamation marks which lead to failure/do-over).
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #858
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Killer 7 - Gamecube - I'm currently in... Texas I think, completing a collection of toys and trying to get critical hits on the Heavenly Smiles so I can upgrade assasin Dan Smith to the max. Out of the entire Smith Synidicate I really haven't bothered using anyone else unless required to, other then that I switch back to Dan.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #859
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - PC - At the part where I have to guide a tank crew through a sniper filled wasteland. Not exactly fun 'cause I'm taking alot of cheap shots.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #860

Should be no surprise but I have now started Final Fantasy XII and im currently working myself up the first levels while learning the new system.

Wow this is different from earlier FF games. It is still a FF game, it have the familiar ingredients such as talking cactuses, the rideable Chocobo's, the improved magic such as Thunder becomes Thundara that becomes Thundaraga, but the combat mechanics is revamped from scratch.

The exploration and combat remind me about Gothic, KOTOR, NWN2 or maybe even a MMORPG. Random encounters are gone. Monsters walk around in the open and can be attacked on sight and you can even spend some time planning before you attack. I find myself running over dunes chasing wolves for XP as this was any traditional european/american roleplaying game. No more wiggling the analog stick until the screen flash into a random encounter. This makes combat far more fun and far less annoying.

Gone is also "My characters to the left, the monsters to the right, we are taking turns", everybody instead bash eachother in realtime and instead of having to assign actions in combat every turn you program your allies AI, alot like what you do in Baldurs Gate.

The character system is alot more open. It's a welcome return to see a five slot inventory system as FFVII/FVIII/FFX and FFX-2 was terrible with only 2 slots. It's also welcome to see that I can take my characters anywhere I want without going through a razor sharp "this character will always be your white mage, this character will always be your heavy hitter" party-role system like previous games were. While some characters have advantages such as more speed or more magick I am still allowed to take the characters in any direction. I can make everything from a rear white mage to a full frontal heavy-hitter or tank.

I can already tell that I am going to love this game. It helps that the story is well told.