You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #901

I'm currently up to mission four in 'In Cold Blood'. A lot of Adventurers would hate this game with all the action, stealth, and plain old running away but it does contain a lot of Adventure elements.

The last mission was hard as I had to find and reset a bomb in under fifteen minutes.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #902
Retired Buccaneer

I found Sid Meier's Pirates! in a Best Buy bargain bin on Friday night and snapped it up. I've been playing it pretty much nonstop that evening and all of yesterday. About 1 AM this morning I finally achieved the rank of Governor:

I also went through the game resource files to see the images of the other post-pirating professions.

It's quite a fun game--I love the sea combat and swordfighting. Dancing wasn't that hard, as the moves are organized into pattern clusters, and I'm extremely good at pattern recognition. I didn't do very much land-based combat or sneaking into towns, though.

I played through Pirates! on Apprentice level (the easiest difficulty) in the 1660 era, and I still felt it was challenging, but not so much so it impeded the fun.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #903
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

I remember being addicted to Pirates on the C64. Good times.

Conquered:

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - PS2 - Not to bad of a final battle, three bosses in a row. Good thing I saved all my food items instead of using them during the game. Now I can play as Trevor Belmont... Belmonts against Dracula is how it should always be.

Played:

Morrowind - PC - Been working on this for about a year now. I think I've got enough sidequests in now I can move on with the main story. But being a year later... gotta flip through the journal to see where to pick up at. I know I've passed up some powerful stuff I found in the middle of the ocean just because my lockpick skill was low at the time I found them. I think it's time for a swim.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #904
Master of time and space

Shadow of the Colossus - Just beat my seventh colossus. Fresh concept and fun game play. This is better than ICO in my opinion if a comparison is fair.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #905

I started playing Still Life just about an houre ago, but because I'm ill, I needed to do some brake and here I am. In game I'm in somewhere chapter 1. And what I've seen so far, I like this game pretty much.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #906
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums Sinilind! I'm glad you're enjoying Still Life and hope you get to feeling better.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #907
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Shadow of the Colossus - Just beat my seventh colossus. Fresh concept and fun game play. This is better than ICO in my opinion if a comparison is fair.
I grew bored with Shadow of the Colossus. I was just hoping for more action before it set in that in that vast world, there really is nothing else but the colossus...

Played:

Morrorwind - PC - Been doing alot of tomb raiding. You get some nifty stuff from those corpses sometimes.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition - PS2 - Playing as Virgil. This guy rocks, nice change then having to play Dante all the time.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 AM   #908

Still playing Still Life, but I'm in the last chapter, so not long to go.
I'm glad, that I struggled out from that spider thing.. I didn't like that, not at all..
Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #909
delusions of adequacy

I'm giving Wizardry 8 a go. I've never played a game that (to me anyway) is so hit and miss. So many things done right, so many things done wrong. My first reaction to the demo was negative but I decided to give the full thing a go recently after some fun with Etrian Odyssey on the Nintendo DS.

Technically its an excellent game, with nice character portraits and party management. Even the combat is well implemented, but its totally ruined by the excessive number of opponents you can face at once and having to whittle away at them with underpowered weapons and frequently failing spells just so the game can show off.

Halving the mob sizes, raising their HP to compensate and improving weapon damage would make this a pure gem of a game.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #910
Master of time and space

Been multi tasking here...

Shadow of the Colossus: Just beat the 11:th Colossus. Having loads of fun with this one. I can recommend it to anyone who likes boss fights.

Resident Evil Zero: Trying to get the train to stop. Really good so far. This is my first RE game since Nemesis on the PC waaaaaaaay back.

Metroid Prime: Just (re)aquired the missiles and morph ball. So far I'm pretty disappointed and bored. The controls SUCK as well. Should I hang in there, will it get better? I beat the original Metroid on NES 20 years ago and loved it, but this is just tedious. The save points are way too spread out.

Okami: I've cured two saplings and the game seems interesting, but apart from the graphics and art style it hasn't picked up yet. I'll concentrate more on it after I finish Shadow of the Colossus.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #911
Retired Buccaneer

I'm still playing through Pirates! for the moment. This time around I managed to finish with a final score of 113, ten points up from my previous best. Mainly that's due to the fact that I managed to get all four Dukedoms on the second go.

And in another game I captured a ship of the line, which is apparently the best vessel in the entire game, and quite rare.

Still haven't achieved a perfect score, but I've accomplished all the quests and have a good chunk of wealth set aside, so I can't really improve my ending any more.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #912
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Just launched Fahrenheit for the first time to check for any technical issues... and boy did I get hooked. I have to say I was pretty blown away even with the beginning, the amount of optional things to do and ways of progressing... a lot of replayabillity here I sense.
Eh, I'd prefer point&click, I don't know about those action-sequences, but the atmosphere and (maybe superficial at this point, but still) non-linearity sure caught my attention. I'm looking forward to playing this.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #913

Missing: Since January. I just got the sound amplifier and am taking a break because I want to find Phoenix just to ask him "What the heck?" about some of these puzzles!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #914
gin soaked boy

Started playing Rogue Trooper. It gives me the same feeling Project: Snowblind used to give me, that of a game that is fun and worth playing, but mostly unremarkable. It's also very easy on the normal difficulty level.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:35 AM   #915
Look behind you!

The only game I'm playing sometimes is Still Life. It's not very interesting. I'm in some abandoned waterplace with Gus and need to figure out some stupid jug puzzle or something. I have no idea what to do.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #916
Coltrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Metroid Prime: Just (re)aquired the missiles and morph ball. So far I'm pretty disappointed and bored. The controls SUCK as well. Should I hang in there, will it get better? I beat the original Metroid on NES 20 years ago and loved it, but this is just tedious. The save points are way too spread out.
No, if you don't like the game now in the beginning I think it's a pretty low chance for you liking it after some time in the game. Imho the game actually got worse after some time, (
Spoiler:
especially The Artifact Hunting
). And this comes from someone who ranks Super Metroid as one of his favourite games.
Currently reading: The Name of the Rose
Old 09-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #917
Lovable rogue

I played Paradise some more, and I've now reached the tree top village. I had a look around, and there seemed to just be so many different screens, that I felt rather discouraged. I have the feeling that I'm going to be spending a considerable portion of time running back and forth across all these screens, while I'm figuring out how to do whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing here.

I'll leave the game alone for a few days before I play it again. I find the story fairly interesting, but not compelling enough to give me the urge to play it, and the execution isn't really working for me.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #918

I'm trying out kotor 1. I never played it back in the day and many have told me that it's way better than the sequel. I have gotten to dantooine only to find that jedi/sith robes don't exist. Instead they all wear these strange uniforms. Call me vein but I'm gonna stop playing if there are no robes to look cool in.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:31 AM   #919
Lazy Bee

The Sacred Rings:
I'm in the library inside the Keeper's palace. So far this game has been a nice experience, story's working a lot better than in Aura, the graphics is breathtaking and the puzzles are very much to my liking. I've had to use a walkthrough a couple of times (at the graveyard) when I just couldn't force myself to work a complicated puzzle out.
What bothers me is that some details reminds me of Myst games, it's almost embarrassing: rollercoaster railways like in Riven, the way the flooring of a passage has almost the same patterns as one similar in Myst Exile (Voltaic), crystals like in Myst Reveation's Spire. It's like asking to be called a Myst-clone. *shrugs*
This game won't go into my top ten games, but it's a nice game full of puzzles and that's just what I'm in the mood for right now.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #920
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
No, if you don't like the game now in the beginning I think it's a pretty low chance for you liking it after some time in the game. Imho the game actually got worse after some time, (
Spoiler:
especially The Artifact Hunting
). And this comes from someone who ranks Super Metroid as one of his favourite games.
*sigh*. I was hoping for someone to tell me to "hang in there"...
Anyway, I'm going to give it another couple of hours and If I'm not enjoying myself by then I'm putting it out on Ebay or in my dust collector shelf...
But first I'm going to finish Okami and Resident Evil Zero which certainly have my attention now