You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #1881
never stops believin'

Dark Fall - I'm still just poking around and gathering clues, feel like I'm getting close to being stuck.

Martian Memorandum - going through it 75% with a walkthru, I don't like to say this, but the outdated interface/graphics really slowed my enthusiasm so I'm just happy to follow along to the end. Plus, the dialog options are really odd. This game was obviously meant to provide thousands of hours of replay to get moving - not really that great.

Dragon Age - About 3 hours in. I can't get into it and I don't know why, I'm playing it on PS3, and wish my pooter could run it, it's too...FPSey on the PS3ey.

Dark Fall is what I'm spending my time right now on, loving it, although I'm worried I'm about to run out of things to manipulate and won't know what to do, we'll see...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #1882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
I've just finished the high school level of "Shattered Memories" and now I'm at a club with Michelle, going to get the keys to her car so we can drive to my house.
I haven't played a Silent Hill game since the first one years ago. This does look excellent, though. Are you enjoying it? It comes out in a few days here. (Would you believe the volcano in Iceland was responsible for pushing the release back! ) Would you recommend it?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #1883

I'm really enjoying it, and I don't know whether it's just me but it's the creepiest game of them all.

Sometimes it's obviously a Wii-port (control system), and sometimes things don't seem to have any purpose (like the possibility to look around during conversations).

However, even though the game appears to have a huge map you're actually quite limited in the available options, and once you leave one area you can't go back. It's like the game often skips entire sections of town; many people say it's short (I don't know, I haven't finished it yet) and that might be because of this.

But it's very captivating, and all the little details really pull you into it. Since there's no combat, there's a bigger sense of urgency (even though when you die, there's no final "game over" screen but immediately a second chance.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #1884

Thanks! Definitely sounds like something I'd be into. Another psychological thriller to distract me until Alan Wake. I'll probably get the Wii version, though.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #1885
Random

Black Mirror II

I've just started. Looks promising!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:19 AM   #1886
Failed Birthday Elf

Also Black Mirror 2.

I'm at the beginning of chapter 3 and enjoying it so far. My only real gripe is that the protagonist is a bit of a childish idiot! Having said that, in some ways he does fit into some preconceived notions of a 90's teenager very well(!) and he is pretty well voice acted.

Looking forward to the rest of the game!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #1887

Currently at the start of chapter II in Black Mirror 2 quality adventure game. i finished Memento Mori at the start of the week, and it was a good game, but no where near as good as BM2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
Also Black Mirror 2.

I'm at the beginning of chapter 3 and enjoying it so far. My only real gripe is that the protagonist is a bit of a childish idiot! Having said that, in some ways he does fit into some preconceived notions of a 90's teenager very well(!) and he is pretty well voice acted.

Looking forward to the rest of the game!
I also thought he was really annoying and dull at the start, but he grows on you, and as with the whole game excellenty voice acted. although when he describes objects, he has this little annoying quirk where you think he has finished talking as he leaves a gap after a sentance, then he starts off again.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #1888

Not much to say right now since I just started Red Dead Redemption.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #1889

Black Mirror 2 again, I've just started and it promises to be very hot!
Old 05-23-2010, 04:37 AM   #1890
Lazy Bee

I've just started The Whispered World, But I haven't come further than just outside the trailer.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:00 AM   #1891

Currently playing Oblivion. I've completed the main quest, so I'm just running around robbing people. (Which is worryingly fun.)
Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 AM   #1892

About to start Alpha Protocol, also just started chapter 3 of BM2.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #1893
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa View Post
Currently playing Oblivion. I've completed the main quest, so I'm just running around robbing people. (Which is worryingly fun.)
This made me smile.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #1894
Stalker of Britain

I'm currently at the very beginning of Keepsake, but I just had to post something about it.

I have very high hopes for this game. The graphics of the environment are breath-taking. I might go out on a limb and say more than Syberia...The acadamy is gorgeous, and I'm really liking the details; from the running water to the lush blades of grass. The character graphics leave a bit to be desired. When the main character talks, there's a portrait of her on the left that looks kind of weird. In the still pictures of her and that doll, she looks pretty, but I'm not getting that same charm in-game. But the graphics have really captured me. Hopefully the story pans out, too.

EDIT: Well, the puzzles, or at least the mechanical puzzles, are a bit too random for me. I didn't see any indication of how I was supposed to solve them, but then again, I've never really been good with mechanical puzzles in games. But it just seems like it's a bit out there, and doesn't make much sense. But I'm loving Zak, although I wish Lydia wasn't so mean to him. When she got the power to work, and he wasn't thrilled, it made me think twice about him. What if he's a bad guy? But I like him! lol I'll just have to play on...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 05-28-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #1895

Default ...

Just finished Everybody's Golf. Now am back into Demons Souls. I need to start going further into the mines but the games really effective at making you dread going around every corner....
Old 05-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #1896
Stalker of Britain

Although I'm really liking "Keepsake", all of the puzzles are too far-fetched for me.

I'll be the first the admit that I'm no good at puzzles, especially mechanical ones, but hardly any of the ones I've run into make any sense to me!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #1897

I just finished Red Dead Redemption today and...

Spoiler:
Holy SHIT! What an amazing game!!! It is so perfect - the best Western game ever made and my favourite Rockstar title! I'm not kidding - I prefer this over Vice City and San Andreas... It's such a complete world they've developed you never get tired of travelling from one mission to the next thank to the multiple activities and people you'll meet along the way that really have no fundmental addition to the actual game other than to have you interact in this wonderful world. For example, I spent most of the game shooting animals than actually wanting to shoot any people! The hunting element could have been a game onto it self it's so fleshed out as is the mini gambling games and the ranching and vigil-ante activities.
Amazingly, the most memorable moment in the game for me WASN'T any cutscene in a mission but rather the first moment you're riding in Mexico to get to your first mission and all the sound fades out as Jose Gonzalez's 'Far Away' starts up on the soundtrack as you look back on U.S. soil in the background - it is truly majestic!

And when I finally killed all the major 'bosses' that I was hunting for with the gov't the game DIDN'T end! At first I thought - oh no, they've pulled a Metal Gear Solid 4 and are going to have a convulted anti-climactic and boring ending but NO sir! No! The game ends on a very melancholy, somber note that is just so epic...

The influence from other Western is prevalent and I'm so impressed they were able to emcompass all various conventions of that genre and make the game's progression feel so seamless... let's see there's shades of Sergio Leone, Terrence Mallick, Sam Peckinpah, John Milius, John Ford and even a Little House on the Priare feeling at times. It. is. AMAZING!!!

This can easily be game of the year for me - very early into the year as well - considering it is what I see as the 'perfecting' of the open-world or sandbox genre. This should be held up as a model to what immersive gaming is all about and Rockstar... PLEASE use Rockstar San Diego for GTA5.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:28 AM   #1898

I'm currently playing Alpha Protocol. It's by no means perfect, but still a whole lot of fun once you get into it and accept it for what it is. I've just finished the Rome missions.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I'm currently playing Alpha Protocol. It's by no means perfect, but still a whole lot of fun once you get into it and accept it for what it is. I've just finished the Rome missions.
Yeah, if you go into it expecting a splinter cell game, your going to be dissapointed with the action. i have done 3 locations now, and i am on the final, Moscow for me, missions. i dont know if its the end of if, or if it goes on, guess i will find out today. the story & characters are good, plus all the options of the outcome of the story are really gruelling to decide upon, i love it

its going to be a joy to replay!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #1900
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Although I'm really liking "Keepsake", all of the puzzles are too far-fetched for me.

I'll be the first the admit that I'm no good at puzzles, especially mechanical ones, but hardly any of the ones I've run into make any sense to me!
Fantasy, I had to put Keepsake on hold because I never understood what to do and it was just too much running around. I think I solved one bigger puzzle before I gave up. And I'm the kind of gamer who usually likes mechanical puzzles.

I've come a bit further in The Whispered World and I'm enjoying myself a lot. I have no problem with Sadwick's voice btw. I think he sounds cute.
Right now I'm stuck figuring out how to get the Noai-egg from the green little fellow outside the ruins. He's not up for trading it for anything I have to offer.