Game you're playing. How far you are. - Page 85 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 04:00 AM   #1681

I have been playing Battle of Britain II: Wings of victory with the 2.10 patch.

Its an update of the Rowan's Battle of Britain flight simulation from several years ago(which i played), that was memorbale for being buggy and unplayable. This new update is fully functional, looks & plays superb. I'm so glad they fixed it. Nothing beats the management & air to air fight sim of hundreds of planes in one battle.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #1682

Finally vanquished the Gil Snapper in Final Fantasy 12. Also the Bloodwing. I remember from my first playthrough that Barheim Passage was a lot more difficult. Guess I leveled up better. Also acquired the esper Zalera. I also defeated Adrammalech earlier on. I've accumulated over 200,000 gil so I plan to spend some in Arcades before returning to Reddas at Balfonheim Port.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #1683
The Quiet One

Left 4 Dead 2

I only have 3 more achievements left to get and I doubt I'll get them. I think I'm as good as finished with this game for the time being. One achievement involves playing and beating a Versus/Scavenge round with 7 other people from start to finish. And they have to be the same 7 people in order to get the achievement. This won't happen as other players keep bailing out and are replaced with new people.
The other 2 achievements involve beating the 5 campaigns on Expert mode and at least one of them with Realism mode enabled. I. Seriously. Can't. Do. These. I beat the campaigns in the first Left 4 Dead on Expert, but I find these harder to do. It doesn't help when I'm plagued with a shit connection and other players go idle or quit.

I also want to beat Verus mode another 7-8 times so I can unlock my final Avatar award.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Now, this is a project of mine. San Andreas is the biggest GTA game out there. There's just sooooo much to see and do. And my aim is to get the full 100% completion and beat everything. Added to this I'll be taking my sweet time and doing everything carefully. My prediction: this game will take me at least 2 years or so to beat.
I've nearly finished spraying over the rival gang's tags scattered throughout Los Santos. I only have another 7 left to spray. After that, I'll be focusing on collecting the Oysters in the waters of Los Santos and then the Unique Stunt Jumps.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #1684

I'm playing Mass Effect. At first it bored my socks off--typical mega-dialogue screens to wade through. I've got my mission and all my followers, though, and, having set the combat difficulty level to "casual", I'm managing to get through the story. Wow, if those shields go down you're toast.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #1685
Staff Member

I'm currently hooked on DiRT 2 for the 360. I remember playing the demo for the original on PC and not being impressed, I think because the cars had a floaty feel to their handling which I just couldn't grasp. When the sequel came out and it got beaming reviews, I decided to give the series a proper go, and I don't regret it a single bit. You know when the menu screen impresses you that you're in for a good ride (pun intended). There's nothing that I dislike about this game, at least so far. The tracks, graphics and presentation is stunning and the cars handle superbly on all the different terrain and really make you feel in control. Couldn't recommend this game more if you're looking for a good racer.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #1686

Finally got passed that SWAT team in "Mirror's Edge", the one the chopper dropped. Now I'm facing Ropeburn, always throwing me off the roof. Can't get the timing right to disarm him.

In Final Fantasy 12 I've hooked up with Reddas to go to the Ridorana Cataract, but I'm heading back to Nabudis to hunt some marks first. Level 44.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 12-14-2009, 05:12 AM   #1687

Still Life Two in the underground shelter in a room where Victoria finds a computer game on a table called Still Life One. I simply LOVE how the voiceover actress makes a grandiose yet truthful statement about how the girl in the game looks a lot like her. It was perfectly written and perfectly said.

In fact, Victoria’s voice is one of the best things in Still Life Two for me … she’s thinking out loud most of the time and saying things I might think when I pick up stuff and look around. Her tone is very natural indeed.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #1688
Stalker of Britain

Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper-I'm not a big fan of Jack the Ripper, but I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes. There's plenty of things wrong with the game, but for some stragne reason, I'm enjoying it emmensely. Maybe it's just because I'm a Holmes fan, but I'm really enjoying this, even though there's plenty of flaws and it will never make it onto my favorites list.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-16-2009, 06:06 AM   #1689

I stopped playing for a while. Not sure why. I need to get back to Divine Divinity and The Marionette. Today. After I run some errands I'll start again. I'm near the beginning on The Marionette and I'm about to enter the Cursed Abbey (I think) in Divine Divinity.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #1690

I have been playing Mass Effect for the past week or so. I am about to head to Ilos for what I expect will be the main/final conflict of the game. In preparation I've been flying around to random solar systems to harvest minerals and such so I could complete the various "collection" quests, and have also encountered a few random enemies here and there, so I was able to level up a few more times before facing Saren. [Although I'm not sure, the game may simply scale the enemies each time I level up, similar to Oblivion. Does anyone know?]

It's a good game and I recommend it, even though it's way too short and the combat is a bit too easy [I think I'm using the "normal" setting; I forget whether there's a "hard" setting]. I wish there were a lot more (and more interesting) side quests.

Last edited by jbunniii; 12-16-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #1691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Now, this is a project of mine. San Andreas is the biggest GTA game out there. There's just sooooo much to see and do. And my aim is to get the full 100% completion and beat everything. Added to this I'll be taking my sweet time and doing everything carefully. My prediction: this game will take me at least 2 years or so to beat.
I've nearly finished spraying over the rival gang's tags scattered throughout Los Santos. I only have another 7 left to spray. After that, I'll be focusing on collecting the Oysters in the waters of Los Santos and then the Unique Stunt Jumps.
Wow, I played GTA San Andreas on and off for over a year and never realized you could collect oysters?! I admit I focused mainly on completing the assigned missions and aside from that spent most of my time driving around in various vehicles and running over as many pedestrians as I could.

Also great fun is stealing a fire extinguisher from one of the fast food restaurants, then running around and spraying people in the face with it. This causes them to erupt into a coughing fit, during which you can beat them to a bloody pulp. I have no idea why, but I found this to be endlessly entertaining. I think you can use a spray paint can for this as well.

I think I left off somewhere in the middle of San Francisco trying to fly a remote control helicopter and failing about 20 times in a row before losing interest. Maybe it's time to take it for another spin.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #1692
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
I stopped playing for a while. Not sure why. I need to get back to Divine Divinity and The Marionette. Today. After I run some errands I'll start again. I'm near the beginning on The Marionette and I'm about to enter the Cursed Abbey (I think) in Divine Divinity.
Did you ever end up playing KOTOR? I am, and I'm loving the hell out of it! I'm currently about halfway through the Tattooine portion of the main quest.

The widescreen mod fixes work great too! The game looks absolutely beautiful; it's hard to believe it's as old as it is.

Also, regarding DD: does it install and play properly on a newer machine? I had problems with the demo running on my computer, and I was never able to try it out -- I'm just afraid that the same thing might happen if I were to buy the full game.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 AM   #1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
Did you ever end up playing KOTOR? I am, and I'm loving the hell out of it! I'm currently about halfway through the Tattooine portion of the main quest.

The widescreen mod fixes work great too! The game looks absolutely beautiful; it's hard to believe it's as old as it is.

Also, regarding DD: does it install and play properly on a newer machine? I had problems with the demo running on my computer, and I was never able to try it out -- I'm just afraid that the same thing might happen if I were to buy the full game.
No, I just barely started KOTOR and found out I really like it. Now it is set aside while I work on Divine Divinity. I seem to spend more time collecting games than actually playing them.

I have a P4 3.2 system with 2GB ram running XP Home. I bought the latest version which ends in 34 and have had no problem running it on my system. Check that... I did have some problems with it crashing but I found that if I turned off my Norton Antivirus while running the game it worked quite well.

My niece likes the games I play and she asked me to get her this game for Christmas (which I did).

There is a GOG download version which is supposed to support widescreen resolutions and work on XP & Vista. The problem is, it's buggy. They are working on a patch, so if you go that route I would wait for the patch.

Hope you have as much fun with it as I am.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #1694
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbunniii View Post
Wow, I played GTA San Andreas on and off for over a year and never realized you could collect oysters?!
There's not only oysters to collect but horse shoes too. Plus, there are Photo-Ops - certain objects and places that you can photograph with your camera.

Quote:
I think I left off somewhere in the middle of San Francisco trying to fly a remote control helicopter and failing about 20 times in a row before losing interest. Maybe it's time to take it for another spin.
Gawd, I remember that mission. T'was a pain in the ass. In fact, I found all the aeroplane missions to be quite hard. I suppose if you fully pass the aeroplane school, which I found difficult too, and get a gold medal for all the required tasks, then flying would become much easier.

I've collected all the oysters I can, anyway, in Los Santos and now I've moved onto the Unique Stunt Jumps.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #1695
Stalker of Britain

Dear Gosh, I'm playing "Penumbra:Overture", and I'm about to have a heart attack. I have a nervous desposition in the first place, and this has me on my toes. A good thing I'm sure, but it's so scary I'm tempted to turn it off. I'm a wuss, I know, but I could be playing safe Myst 3...although the ending with Saveedro always freaked me out enough to play the end with the lights on, sound down, and near the door.

EDIT: Grrr. I just remembered how the "Myst" series frustrates me, for many reasons. It's one of my favorite series, besides Jonathan Boakes' games of course, but it's for the plot and characters, NOT the puzzles, that I love it. I've decided to replay Myst 3: Exile, and remember how hard it is. I swear, I think the first was easier to go through, at least. I had to use a walkthrough the first time I played it, so I had hoped I wouldn't need one this time, but those stupid hard puzzles.

Myst: Uru has me frustrated because I played through it and missed some of the dialogue which I'm sure was important, and it won't let the player save, so I can't go back.

And Myst 4:Revelations has me frustrated because as much as I want to see and find about about the story of our two beloved boys, I just can't get into the game, no matter how much I want to.

Sorry, I'm just very frustrated now.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 12-19-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #1696
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Default Tex Murphy: Mean Streets

After a few months devoid of adventure-gaming, I'm back Full Throttle (which I might as well replay). The Tex Murphy give-away on GoG was the impulse I needed. And bloody hell, reading Fantasysci5's post reminded me how I love the Myst series (puzzles and being-stuck-forever included) and how many games have been sitting on my to-do list forever... like the Penumbra series.

Played Mean Streets for some time, and got stuck, so I have a sec to post something about it.
Don't know if the long break has anything to do with it, but I'm totally sucked in and fascinated. Even the awkward at first speeder flying, which is basically pointless filler... it gives me a sec to sip something and ponder the notes, think things over... oh yeah, notes. GoG's version comes with the DIC ('Detective Information Chart') which is... a table 7x3 with some info to print out and take notes on. And it's still cool.
Story is enthralling so far, solid writing, interesting characters.
Long story short - boatload of fun.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:40 AM   #1697

I'm playing The Black Mirror 2 German version with English translation and I have to say that this game is awesome! It's a true sequel unlike Still Life 2 which was kinda ok but made no sense. This game takes you back to the Black Mirror Castle eventually...the build up is amazing though, and you get to meet 'Ralph and bubby' again and Bates...just a wonderful game, awesome graphics. Story is fantastic. 10 outa 10.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #1698
Junior Mint

Started playing Torchlight, the new Diablo-clone game from the developers of Diablo and Fate. This is almost a carbon-copy of Fate, with a few enhancements (like an actual PLOT!!!), and it ends up being a much better game. There's also a lot of similarity to the original Diablo as well as Diablo II, but this game definitely has an atmosphere of its own. I'm about two "chapters" into the game, so far (about 10 levels down into the dungeon).
Old 12-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #1699
Failed Birthday Elf

I'm currently re-playing The Witcher, just about to enter the tower in the swamp.

I really don't know why I like this game, but I'm enjoying it! So many things are bad, such as the sexist collection of conquests of women as "playing cards" and the generally bad dialogue, together with the fact the main character is about as likeable as toothache.

The characters vary, some being quite good and others being terrible. All of the women will jump into bed with Geralt at the drop of a hat even though he is an idiot! The gameplay is like an MMORPG without being online or any more than single player.

However, I still really enjoy the game! I think it might be the world in which it is set. Vizima and the surrounding lands are interesting and generally good looking places to explore and the game tackles issues like racism, poverty and prostitution fairly sensitively (shame about the mysogeny!).

Many choices to be made are not simply morally black and white and the option of standing alone as neither one thing or another (which fits in well with the Character of Witchers in this game at least) is interesting too.

Didn't finish it last time I played so I'm determined to keep going this time and see how it ends!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #1700
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerr View Post
and you get to meet 'Ralph and bubby' again and Bates...just a wonderful game, awesome graphics. Story is fantastic. 10 outa 10.
AAAAAH! I loved Ralph, and felt so sorry for him! And Bates was my favorite character; I'm so glad they're back! I wish it would come out over here already.