• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

Oscar - 27 August 2013 08:11 AM

And wasn’t Inherit the Earth popular last time? Shouldn’t that be on the list?

This looks pretty interesting, I’ll be up for playing this too.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’d still be interested in Inherit the Earth.

Also, I guess I could try to lead the Fahrenheit playthrough if it got chosen. Which isn’t saying much, since it’s clearly not going to happen…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

You can put me down for Inherit the Earth, too.

It’s on my list of games to play anyway… though not as high up as IHNMAIMS. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 27 August 2013 11:54 AM

I have GOG versions of both Zork: Grand Inquisitor & Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon - both have installed perfectly on my desktop Win7 64 bit & I have played through about an hour of each one just to get a feel of the games (having never played them before) I haven’t encountered any problems with either of them so far ...

Not sure whether this message was intended for me or Sefir. But my experience is what it is. I’m happy that others have had better.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 28 August 2013 12:12 AM

Not sure whether this message was intended for me or Sefir. But my experience is what it is. I’m happy that others have had better.

Well neither rtrooney - the experiences of both of you is useful info for anyone thinking of downloading from GOG but it’s also useful to know that the problems are not specific to Win7 64 bit in general & the 2 games I mentioned do work on some systems.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 26 August 2013 10:09 PM

Tim - before you bring up what I said on the LSLR thread, yes, I will play a CPT of FPFP regardless of what it takes to make it work.

Frankly, I had no intention of bringing that up… Wink
But FPFP could make a good candidate in the future (when we haven’t played another Josh Mandel game quite so recently)... Thumbs Up

rtrooney - 27 August 2013 11:04 AM

My desktop is also Win7 - 64bit. I would guess that about 25% of GOG games are unplayable on my system. The games install perfectly, but have other technical issues.

Yikes, now I hope I’ll get my GOG versions to work once I get around to them (which isn’t really that far off)... Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 28 August 2013 02:20 PM

Frankly, I had no intention of bringing that up… Wink

I appreciate that.

TimovieMan - 28 August 2013 02:20 PM
rtrooney - 27 August 2013 11:04 AM

My desktop is also Win7 - 64bit. I would guess that about 25% of GOG games are unplayable on my system. The games install perfectly, but have other technical issues.

Yikes, now I hope I’ll get my GOG versions to work once I get around to them (which isn’t really that far off)... Gasp

There are any number of reasons why this might happen. The first question is, “Are your video drivers up to date?” If the answer is Yes, that may be the problem. I know that happened with Scratches although that wasn’t a GOG problem. My sample rate isn’t that great. I’ve only dl’d eight games and two didn’t work. Ergo 25%. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Depending on availability and playability, I’ll cast a vote for ITE. I’ve never played it before. So it should be fun. And…it’s available on GOG, which should be interesting to see if I can get above 75%. Assuming that ITE is the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A bit late but I’m in for Discworld (has a leader been confirmed?), Indigo Prophecy, both Tex games, Inherit the Earth.

I might play I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream but I won’t vote for it because I don’t know if I can get it.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 29 August 2013 09:43 AM

Discworld (has a leader been confirmed?

No, not yet. Sinse there is no word from millenia thus far, anyone who wants to take the hard job for Disc, is free to do so…

I might play I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream but I don’t know if I can get it.

http://harlanellison.com/home.htm

That’s the most common place to buy it. There might also be some offers through Amazon or Ebay.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, TerminusEst, badlemon
Discworld: Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar, wilco
Fahrenheit: (Kurufinwe leader), TimovieMan, wilco
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood, wilco
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir, wilco
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, wilco, rtrooney, TerminusEst

EDIT: Zifnab, wasn’t you the one who had played ITE before and proposed yourself as a leader if it won in the last voting?

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Sefir, please add a vote for Inherit the Earth from me as well.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 29 August 2013 03:54 PM

I might play I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream but I don’t know if I can get it.

That’s the most common place to buy it. There might also be some offers through Amazon or Ebay.

I don’t know if Harlan Ellison actually has the rights for the game though, it’s based upon one of his short stories and he helped design it, but that doesn’t necessarily means he has the rights to sell the game. Normally it is considered to be one of those abandoned games.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 29 August 2013 03:54 PM

I have seen that (weird) site. I’m not quite sure how the orders work, filling a form and mailing a check?

Amazon and ebay prices are prohibitive with the shipping costs to Europe.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, ITE is available on GOG. So, assuming this might be the one, I get to test game worthiness of a new GOG download. I really hope this game gets the votes as there are none other that get my interest juices flowing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top