• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, TerminusEst, badlemon
Discworld: (millenia leader ?), Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar
Fahrenheit: TimovieMan, Kurufinwe
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth:

Disc and IHNMAIMS are the most popular choices thus far. Millenia, please confirm if you are available to lead in a possible Disc playthrough…
Also, we need more playthrough leaders!! Any brave adventurers who want to lead one of the proposed games, please step on!! It is better if there is some previous experience with the game, but it is not 100% necessary if you feel confident enough…(do you hear me Zifnab?)

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Sefir - 26 August 2013 02:30 PM

Also, we need more playthrough leaders!! Any brave adventurers who want to lead one of the proposed games, please step on!! It is better if there is some previous experience with the game, but it is not 100% necessary if you feel confident enough…(do you hear me Zifnab?)

Yessir! No, I agree with you. It could be quite amusing to see a leader stumbling through a game without knowing what’s coming next. I can see myself being stuck on the first puzzle in the game while everyone else is way ahead of me Crazy

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 26 August 2013 06:13 AM

Or wait, I think they want people who have played it before so that rules me out.

Well I have played Rama before, but it has been so many years that I can’t remember a single thing from it, so I might just as well never have played it before.

It is not that I don’t want to lead a Playthrough, but I have only participated in one playthrough so far, and would like to get a bit more experience in this, before I take on the responsibility of leading one.

Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: Kurufinwe
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive:

Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: Kurufinwe, Iznogood
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: Iznogood
*Fixed*

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 26 August 2013 05:17 PM

It is not that I don’t want to lead a Playthrough, but I have only participated in one playthrough so far, and would like to get a bit more experience in this, before I take on the responsibility of leading one.

I totally understand that, but from my personal experience, I had also taken part in just a single playthrough (TSB) before leading in the next one (CCS). It doesn’t have much to do with experience, just with love of what you’re doing. Smile

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

My vote is for IHNMAIMS and Mission Critical. I might not be able to resist joining in if some of the other games are chosen but those two fit most closely with my annual gaming plan Grin

Zifnab - 26 August 2013 04:39 PM

It could be quite amusing to see a leader stumbling through a game without knowing what’s coming next.

That’s been done before Grin

Sefir - 26 August 2013 05:25 PM

I totally understand that, but from my personal experience, I had also taken part in just a single playthrough (TSB) before leading in the next one (CCS). It doesn’t have much to do with experience, just with love of what you’re doing. Smile

I absolutely second Sefir.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TerminusEst - 26 August 2013 07:01 PM
Sefir - 26 August 2013 05:25 PM

I absolutely second Sefir.

Well apart from my inexperience, the only game of the ones currently on the ballot I really remember well enough to lead is IHNMAIMS, which already has a leader.

TerminusEst - 26 August 2013 07:01 PM
Zifnab - 26 August 2013 04:39 PM

It could be quite amusing to see a leader stumbling through a game without knowing what’s coming next.

That’s been done before Grin

Okay you have me convinced!
Given that the Pandora Directive is divided into days, I guess I could read up on it, and make a somewhat passable leader of it. But be prepared for some stumbling Smile

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

IHNMAIMS. I really hope it wins this time Smile

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Ah! AVS! It was the best! Glitches and Patches were as easily worked through as perfume on blobs and black cloth on crosses.

But the best thing it had going for it, aside from a little bat/vampiress interaction, was that it could be played right out of the box on current machines.

I think if you look at the current voting, you will see, at most, six or seven people voting for a game. That doesn’t seem to be a large sample.

While I understand the logic, it just seems to me that if selected games were more “out of the box” ready, there would be greater participation. I love the concept, but I won’t be playing any of these in the next CPT.

Tim - before you bring up what I said on the LSLR thread, yes, I will play a CPT of FPFP regardless of what it takes to make it work.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 26 August 2013 10:09 PM

I think if you look at the current voting, you will see, at most, six or seven people voting for a game. That doesn’t seem to be a large sample.

Indeed, but that’s just a first 2 days result. The voting lasts for 2 weeks. I expect more people will come and vote, either regular members (millenia, Lady K, Oscar, diego, etc) or new ones.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 26 August 2013 10:09 PM

While I understand the logic, it just seems to me that if selected games were more “out of the box” ready, there would be greater participation. I love the concept, but I won’t be playing any of these in the next CPT.

All the Tex Murphy games can be bought at GOG and can be played out of the box in that distribution.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

A vote for Discworld and RAMA here.

And wasn’t Inherit the Earth popular last time? Shouldn’t that be on the list?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 27 August 2013 08:04 AM

All the Tex Murphy games can be bought at GOG and can be played out of the box in that distribution.

...that is true for the two Tex games that are on the list. I have to add however that when I bought Overseer from GOG, I was unable to play it on my laptop (win 7 64bit) due to continual crashes and various other problems (the installation run perfectly). Many more people reported the same problems I had and, until today, there was no patch or anything similar from GOG. Mind you, I had the exact same problem with the GOG version of Zork: GI.
(Perhaps a little off topic, but when I saw Tex and GOG on the same sentence, I knew I couldn’t resist…)

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 27 August 2013 08:04 AM

Not intending to rehash Sefir’s comment, but my “playable out of the box” experience with GOG has had mixed results. My desktop is also Win7 - 64bit. I would guess that about 25% of GOG games are unplayable on my system. The games install perfectly, but have other technical issues.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 27 August 2013 11:04 AM

Not intending to rehash Sefir’s comment, but my “playable out of the box” experience with GOG has had mixed results. My desktop is also Win7 - 64bit. I would guess that about 25% of GOG games are unplayable on my system. The games install perfectly, but have other technical issues.

I have GOG versions of both Zork: Grand Inquisitor & Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon - both have installed perfectly on my desktop Win7 64 bit & I have played through about an hour of each one just to get a feel of the games (having never played them before) I haven’t encountered any problems with either of them so far ...

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, TerminusEst, badlemon
Discworld: (millenia leader ?), Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar
Fahrenheit: (Kurufinwe leader), TimovieMan,
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan

Disc and IHNMAIMS continue to be the most popular choices with 8 votes each (though Disc’s can also be 6. Depends on Millenia really…). Mision Critical and RAMA follow with 4. Long way to go yet. Also, Inherit the Earth was added to the list.
Finally, I am very happy that some fellows decided to put themselves in a leader’s position. There are still leaderless games on the list of course for everyone interested on the job!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top