• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Voting has now ended leaving us with a tie between Technobabylon & Shivers.

Technobabylon (6) - MikeKelly (leader), SoccerDude, br305893, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Advie
Shivers (6) - Intense Degree (leader), SoccerDude, crabapple, rtrooney, Lady Kestrel, diego

Thanks Karlok for posting the link to the relevant rules which I’ve read through very carefully:
Blah blah blah blah…...treaty…..... blah blah blah….....constitution…......... blah blah blah .......law
92…............blah blah blah blah ........area 57….......blah blah blah blah .....19th draft…...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah…...underwritten…...... blah blah blah blah blah .......rules…....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah….....amendment no 63….......... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah…...failure to comply….... blah blah blah blah…....punishment…...... blah blah blah blah blah….death by firing squad…..blah blah blah blah.

Yes, I think I’ve got it!

Lady Kestrel & SoccerDude, as you’ve each voted for both of the tied games please could you choose which one you’d prefer to play.
Meanwhile anyone else who’s voted for just one of the tied games may change their vote if they wish.
Anyone who has not yet voted for either of those games but would like to join a playthrough may vote for one of them.

You have 3+ days until Friday 16th 11PM (CET).

If the tie is not resolved by then are you happy for me to make the decision? (Or I could just cast a vote?)

Smile

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Since you didn’t vote for either game, I think your vote should be reserved for the tie-breaker role should it be needed.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ok, I vote for Shivers. Hope it will result in a proper playthrough this time.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 13 February 2018 01:41 PM

I’ll also play Shivers.

I love you, diego!  Heart

chrissie - 13 February 2018 01:46 PM

Just 14 mins to get your nominations & votes in!

How could you diego!  Cry

Something here I can’t quite put my finger on… some kind of contradictio in terminis perhaps? Oh never mind.

rtrooney - 13 February 2018 03:51 PM

Since you didn’t vote for either game, I think your vote should be reserved for the tie-breaker role should it be needed.

That’s it! I love you too! Not as much as I love diego, but that goes without saying. (Just between you and me… you never actually checked the SCUMMVM site, did you.) Let an outsider with NO vested interest in the playthroughs whatsoever decide which game other people are going to play. Deja-vu, but ingenious. Undemocratic as hell, but WE DON’T NEED NO STEEKIN’ RULES.

This is the best CP voting ever. Smile
Now what’s my strategy going to be. I can of course vote for the game of my choice, Technobabylon. But then Advie would withdraw his vote, the leader might throw in the towel, and Shivers wins. Hmmmm. Should I vote for Shivers? rtrooney would leave, but I’m not so sure that is enough to make Technobabylon win. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Ah, Doom voted for Shivers, so now I vote for Technobabylon. Smile

EDIT2: Vote cancelled.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 13 February 2018 05:47 PM

I’ll also play Shivers.

I love you, too! Heart Kiss

Oh, wait, I don’t! Angry

chrissie - 13 February 2018 01:46 PM

How could you diego!  Cry

It’s simple, really - I wanted to play Lighthouse first, Shivers second. When I realized Lighthouse ain’t gonna come on top, it was a simple choice between Technobabylon and Shivers. I hope that makes sense, and not some other potential troll motives, to make the tie-breaker drama, get the popcorn and watch. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 13 February 2018 06:00 PM

It’s simple, really - I wanted to play Lighthouse first, Shivers second. When I realized Lighthouse ain’t gonna come on top, it was a simple choice between Technobabylon and Shivers. I hope that makes sense, and not some other potential troll motives, to make the tie-breaker drama, get popcorn and watch. Grin

WHAT?? You deny I bribed you to vote for Shivers? Rats, all those Steam cards down the drain.

diego - 13 February 2018 06:00 PM

I’ll also play Shivers.

I love you, too! Heart Kiss

Oh, wait, I don’t! Angry

Don’t worry, nobody takes my vote seriously, and I still have 3 days to withdraw it.

EDIT: Vote cancelled.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

(Just between you and me… you never actually checked the SCUMMVM site, did you.) Let an outsider with NO vested interest in the playthroughs whatsoever decide which game other people are going to play. Deja-vu, but ingenious.

What, pray tell, are you talking about? (Pray tell were not exactly the words that first came to mind.) Did I visit the website? Of course! That’s where I got the information you so graciously point out to me was wrong. Do I plan on playing Shivers? Also. of course, barring any unforeseen technical issues. Do I need to post a screenshot of my desktop to prove I’ve downloaded the latest copy of SCUMM/VM?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am sticking with Technobabylon!

Love that game - best adventure released on iOS since Kathy Rain!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I maintain the Technobabylon vote

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I vote for Technobabylon.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Erk!  It’s a tough decision, but I think I’ll go with Technobabylon this time.  It’ll be an experiment to see how I do with a game on my iPad.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have a PC and 40 unplayed adventure games. Now my iPad I play constantly. Using a touch screen to play adventure games is a joy - very easy and fun.

Also, 10 hours of battery life and the ability to play in cafes and bars is a nice option too. My favorite handheld yet - and my Vita and DS were pretty wonderful in their day also.

Lastly, everything runs on dedicated systems - on all three handhelds I’ve never had a game not play.

I need to nominate Hotel Dusk and Dangaronpa again for a CPT - both are as good in their day as Thimbleweed park is today.

I will nominate Thimbleweed park for a CPT - its reviews on IOS are Sterling and it should cleanup at this years Aggies.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This is the best CP voting ever. Smile

I’ll take your word for that, I can’t read it anymore.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 13 February 2018 06:28 PM

What, pray tell, are you talking about?

It seems to me you misinterpret just about everything I say, and it makes no difference whether I am sarcastic or serious. I don’t know if you really don’t understand or are pretending not to understand, but the end result is the same. So there’s not much point in trying to explain the three misunderstandings I see in your post.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Tie-breaker update

Technobabylon (6) - MikeKelly (leader), SoccerDude, br305893, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Advie
Shivers (5) - Intense Degree (leader), crabapple, rtrooney, diego, Doom

The tie-breaker voting round will end on Friday 16th 11PM (CET)

Meanwhile anyone who’s voted for just one of the tied games may change their vote if they wish.

Anyone who has not yet voted for either of those games but would like to join a playthrough may vote for one of them.

If the tie is not resolved I will make the decision as clarified in the rules:

giom - 21 February 2016 06:07 AM

So this is the process:
In the unlikely event there’s still a tie, the leader of the thread or score keeper will decide the winner

Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top