• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypantskanaifuVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nominations & voting so far:

Technobabylon (5) - MikeKelly (leader), SoccerDude28, br305893, wilco, Lady Kestrel
Shardlight (3) - MikeKelly (leader), dumbeur, SoccerDude28
Shivers (4) - Intense Degree (leader), SoccerDude28, crabapple, rtrooney
St Christopher’s School Lockdown (1) - chrissie (leader)
Grim Fandango Remastered (1) - Bluamy

You have until Tuesday 13th February to submit your nominations & votes!  Smile

N.B. Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth has been removed due to unusual forum activity.
If you are interested in playing Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth along with other players please express your interest on the appropriate alternative thread!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Technobabylon (5) - MikeKelly (leader), SoccerDude28, br305893, wilco, Lady Kestrel

You have until Tuesday 13th February to submit your nominations & votes!  Smile

Just over a week to go now to get your nominations & votes in!  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

all apologies to my ‘unusual forum activity’ (am i virus nowadays?) Laughing it is nuthing more than i know Woodruff won’t stand a chance against two Wadjet Eyes games at the nominations, plus what i explained to Chrissie on the other thread, plus more the game is on hold until the 13th, if it wins then the thread had been made juuust a bit early if it loses then there is no harm done.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You were in 2nd place with 4 votes. One away from winning. If I were you I’d delete your thread and wait a few days until the voting is finished.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Advie - 05 February 2018 09:24 AM

if it loses then there is no harm done.

I think everyone knows what the purpose of posting the other thread was. It was to publicize the availability of a playthrough by trolling for potential players outside of the playthrough thread.

This whole thread has gone downhill. Recall the ill-conceived, yet influential bad joke that put the vote in a tie. But was then corrected, ha ha, which eliminated a game that was actually in a tie pre-joke.

As much as I would miss the AGCPT, maybe Advie, and others, have the right concept going forward. If you want to play a game with others of similar interests, post the game on a thread, and see if you can attract people of similar interests to play it.

It would seem that’s the direction this is going anyway. I’m familiar with the problem. The CCPT went from 15+ players and 7+ nominated games to no players and no nominated games.

The difference between the two was you wanted the CCPT game you voted for to win. But if it didn’t, you would participate anyway. If the game you voted for in the AGCPT doesn’t win, you are unlikely to participate. Which means the winning game is likely to have four or five participants.

Hardly the community spirit that used to exist.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 05 February 2018 09:37 PM

I think everyone knows what the purpose of posting the other thread was. It was to publicize the availability of a playthrough by trolling for potential players outside of the playthrough thread.

This whole thread has gone downhill. Recall the ill-conceived, yet influential bad joke that put the vote in a tie. But was then corrected, ha ha, which eliminated a game that was actually in a tie pre-joke.

As much as I would miss the AGCPT, maybe Advie, and others, have the right concept going forward. If you want to play a game with others of similar interests, post the game on a thread, and see if you can attract people of similar interests to play it.

It would seem that’s the direction this is going anyway. I’m familiar with the problem. The CCPT went from 15+ players and 7+ nominated games to no players and no nominated games.

The difference between the two was you wanted the CCPT game you voted for to win. But if it didn’t, you would participate anyway. If the game you voted for in the AGCPT doesn’t win, you are unlikely to participate. Which means the winning game is likely to have four or five participants.

advie’s action in no way should affect this playthrough. His entry is gone from the list of nominations and honestly I think his timing to start a playthrough and bypass thie voting process is in poor taste.
I just don’t agree though that if you don’t vote for a game, you should participate in it. There are some types of games that one might not like, so would it be fair to force them to play it if their choice did not win?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the same ACPT big mouths of each round, i want and i will play Woodruff, it doesn’t matter was it a participant here or not, get a life..

i cant even say consider it outta the votes or the nominations because it is already that way!, so what is eating anyone who is a voter here of my thread, i kindly also put it on hold for players who voted for more than one and in this case its only wilco’s problem and he the one only who has the right to be upset, because when Technobabylon wins he will be in an awkward situation, and we all know wilco, he will go first prioirty for Technobabylon, and may or may not play with me/us another playthrough, so anyone has not been affected by the Woodruff thread i advise him/her to stop babling.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

What the hell, I’ll vote for Woodruff as well.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

rtrooney - 05 February 2018 09:37 PM

Has it ever been suggested you might take some things a little too seriously?  Because that seems like the darkest take on what has happened here (and previously).

I don’t think Advie had some nefarious plan to derail the CPT, it would be much more in keeping with his character that he just got a little overexcited (and that’s certainly how it looks to me).

The problem with everyone having to play for a game they don’t vote for is that, practically, most people can’t play half the games as they do not own or, in some cases, would have great difficulty getting working copies of the games.  I don’t know how that was resolved in the past.

Just my tuppence worth as an outsider.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Luhr28 - 06 February 2018 03:18 AM

You cannot vote for Woodruff anymore. Simply go the Woodruff thread and report for duty.

dumbeur - 06 February 2018 05:09 AM

Has it ever been suggested you might take some things a little too seriously?  Because that seems like the darkest take on what has happened here (and previously).

You may think you know what happened “previously”, but this thread has a history.
I guess you had to be there…

I don’t think Advie had some nefarious plan to derail the CPT, it would be much more in keeping with his character that he just got a little overexcited (and that’s certainly how it looks to me).

A little overexcited... what a sweet way to put it. You’ll be his bestest friend forever and always. Well, at least as long as you pamper him…

The problem with everyone having to play for a game they don’t vote for is that, practically, most people can’t play half the games as they do not own or, in some cases, would have great difficulty getting working copies of the games.  I don’t know how that was resolved in the past.

rtrooney was talking about the Community Playthroughs of Casual Games, not about the CP of Adventures. The games they voted for were always available at for instance Big Fish.

Just my tuppence worth as an outsider.

Yeah.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

By “previously” I was referring to the joke he himself referred to that I was around for.  Thanks for clarifying some other points.

Not sure why defending Advie is somehow worth swiping at but defending Tim is fine, though.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

dumbeur - 06 February 2018 06:36 AM

Not sure why defending Advie is somehow worth swiping at but defending Tim is fine, though.

I sure hope you’re not suggesting that *I* was defending rtrooney. He and I are not exactly bestest friends forever and always. I just explained what he meant as you don’t seem to know the meaning of the abbreviation CCPT.

EDIT: I have always been in favor of spontaneous playthroughs. And we’ve had quite a few in the past. Like the Unofficial Bad Mojo Crawlthrough, one of my favorites. Smile Some games will never win the official CP voting, no matter how often they are submitted as candidates. But just 3 or 4 active participants is all a playthrough needs to be successful.

Having said that, starting a spontaneous playthrough when the game in question may actually win the official playthrough vote is not done. I’d call it inconsiderate, even rude, and annoying.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry Luhr28, as Karlok has said, “You cannot vote for Woodruff anymore”.  Yes, you need to go and resister your interest on the Woodruff rebellion thread!  Laughing
The game had been disqualified from this one due to the playthrough thread being set-up prior to the conclusion of the voting process to choose a game for our next Community Playthrough.
It’s a pity really as otherwise Woodruff would now currently tie with Technobabylon but that could change!
But, look on the bright side as you’ll have the choice of joining in with either a playthrough of Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth or whatever game wins the vote here if you haven’t yet made up your mind!

SoccerDude28 - 05 February 2018 11:50 PM

....I just don’t agree though that if you don’t vote for a game, you should participate in it…...

Just to clarify SoccerDude28 that you are in no way expected to join in a playthrough of a game you never voted for!

There are games nominated that never seem to win but if you see that there are a few other players interested there really is no problem in setting up your own playthrough thread but only AFTER the voting has concluded.

You have until Tuesday 13th February 8.00 P.M. (CET) to submit your nominations & votes!  Smile

Just a week to go now to get your nominations & votes in!  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are most welcome to Woodruff, a game for the not for soft-hearted adventurers, with a punch (4) of the most wannabe-challenged on the site.

———————-

no need to anyone to defend me, tho thanks, i like always to make my customers happy!

so to prove em right, P.S: fuck this CPT

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You have until Tuesday 13th February 8.00 P.M. (CET) to submit your nominations & votes!  Smile

Just a week to go now to get your nominations & votes in!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top