• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

In the last 12 months we have seen several big budget highly anticipated adventure games get less than stellar reviews.

That and the fact that a major developer publishes what can at best be called interactive movies instead of adventures games is also a factor.

If Syberia 3 had been a major critical success for example, I bet we’d have at least 15 people wanting to do a CPT of it.

I’m perfectly happy with a CPT with 5-6 people who really liked a small budget - yet highly reviewed indie title.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Just in case, where can Technobabylon be purchased? Please don’t say that it’s only available on Steam.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 09 February 2018 07:11 PM

Just in case, where can Technobabylon be purchased? Please don’t say that it’s only available on Steam.

How come you ALWAYS need other people to tell you simple stuff you can look up yourself? I mean, how hard is it to go to GOG.com and type “technobabylon” or to google the game? Or even easier, to look it up in AG’s database?

I’ll walk you through it.
Go to the top of the page.
Look for “search for games”.
Type “technobabylon” and hit enter.

That’s all there is to it.

You’re just lazy.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 09 February 2018 07:11 PM

You can buy it on their website, on Steam or GOG

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/technobabylon/

You can even buy it for iPad/iPhone if you prefer that.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

chrissie - 06 February 2018 12:59 PM
Luhr28 - 06 February 2018 03:18 AM

What the hell, I’ll vote for Woodruff as well.

Sorry Luhr28, as Karlok has said, “You cannot vote for Woodruff anymore”.  Yes, you need to go and resister your interest on the Woodruff rebellion thread!  Laughing
The game had been disqualified from this one due to the playthrough thread being set-up prior to the conclusion of the voting process to choose a game for our next Community Playthrough.

So does that mean I can get Technobabylon disqualified if I create a rebellion thread for that too?

Nice little loophole there. I’ll have to remember it for future votes Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 09 February 2018 08:29 PM

So does that mean I can get Technobabylon disqualified if I create a rebellion thread for that too?

Of course!
And just think of all the love that will come your way…  Heart

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Post deleted

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 09 February 2018 07:46 PM

How come you ALWAYS need other people to tell you simple stuff you can look up yourself? I mean, how hard is it to go to GOG.com and type “technobabylon” or to google the game? Or even easier, to look it up in AG’s database?

I’ll walk you through it.
Go to the top of the page.
Look for “search for games”.
Type “technobabylon” and hit enter.

That’s all there is to it.

You’re just lazy.

I have always suggested that whenever a game is nominated it should be accompanied by a resource. It’s not being lazy. It’s a courtesy to people you want to support your game. BTW, if you go to the top of the page and type “Technobabylon” (without quotes) you will be inundated with links to every mention of Technobabylon on AG since the beginning of time. Not a quick and easy search for the source. And if you type the same into Google, you’re going to be hit with pages of links to reviews and walkthroughs.

It’s soooo much easier to ask the person that nominated the game where I can purchase it should I decide to participate in the playthrough should it win.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 09 February 2018 10:18 PM

And if you type the same into Google, you’re going to be hit with pages of links to reviews and walkthroughs.

In google, just type “buy technobabylon”. The first 3 links are for the websites where the game is sold.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Here’s what I got when I typed “Technobabylon” into the site’s search box.

Couldn’t be any simpler really.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oscar - 09 February 2018 10:57 PM

Here’s what I got when I typed “Technobabylon” into the site’s search box.

Couldn’t be any simpler really.

Even better. Buying through these links gives AG a small kickback and helps supporting this site.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 09 February 2018 10:18 PM

I have always suggested that whenever a game is nominated it should be accompanied by a resource. It’s not being lazy. It’s a courtesy to people you want to support your game.BTW, if you go to the top of the page and type “Technobabylon” (without quotes) you will be inundated with links to every mention of Technobabylon on AG since the beginning of time.

OMG. How painful. In all these years you’ve never even used the AG database once, have you. There are TWO search boxes. You typed in the FORUM search box. So you got FORUM posts that mention Technobabylon. Didn’t I say “go to the TOP of the page” and look for “search for games”?

Not a quick and easy search for the source. And if you type the same into Google, you’re going to be hit with pages of links to reviews and walkthroughs.

Are you serious? Don’t you know how to use Google? If you want reviews you add the word review. If you want walkthroughs you add the word walkthrough. If you want to buy a game you add the word buy.

It’s soooo much easier to ask the person that nominated the game where I can purchase it should I decide to participate in the playthrough should it win.

Oh yes, much easier for you. And lots of people come to your rescue whenever you need help. But you really should be able to use the AG database. You are either lazy or unwilling to learn.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This thread is always more fun to read than the actual playthroughs.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 10 February 2018 04:11 AM

This thread is always more fun to read than the actual playthroughs.

Hiya Zorba! Lovely Discworld avatar, but your sig is another matter…  Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Actually you said anyone that nominates a classic (old) game for play should say where they can buy it at. Recent games don’t need this - both gog and steam will usually have them and you should be able to purchase them directly from the publisher as well.

So far, this CPT voting is pretty close, some good games have been nominated, it will be interesting to see who wins.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top