• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

br305893 - 12 February 2018 02:25 PM

What happens if there’s a tie?

The voting period will be extended to exclude all but the games involved in the tie. There has been an effort to present some rules & regulations on this - I can’t remember them & can’t be bothered to look them up! Just look tomorrow!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This is the process for the CCPTs:

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting will last 15 days and will close on either November 20 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie. This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

The one addition to this, more of a procedure than a rule, it that the person running the voting, in the above case it was me, wasn’t allowed to vote in the tie break vote. That was because that person also got the final tie break vote, which would essentially give that person two votes while everyone else only got one.

I don’t remember why there was a decision to include carryover votes for the AGCPT. It seems simpler to start from scratch.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Here you go:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/7601

Great stuff. Highly recommended for those nights when Morpheus is busy elsewhere.
But nobody except me remembers the fucking rules, isn’t that sad.
Hey! I got an idea! Let’s make some new rules. Yippee, that will be so much fun!

rtrooney - 12 February 2018 03:21 PM

This is the process for the CCPTs: [...]

rtrooney  Pan

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Northmen say the world will come to an end, the sun will grow black, the earth will sink into the sea, the stars will disappear, fire and water will meet, flames will play against the sky, the heavens and earth and all the world will be burned, all the gods will be dead and the warriors of Valhalla and people everywhere.
Br305893, prepare yourself for Ragnarok, for it is a tie.

Original source with best voice for full effect

Warning: may be exaggerating a bit. Tongue

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This could be interesting. I can’t wait to see who wins, hopefully someone will post a winning vote before we run out of time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 12 February 2018 04:46 PM

Here you go:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/7601

Great stuff. Highly recommended for those nights when Morpheus is busy elsewhere.
But nobody except me remembers the fucking rules, isn’t that sad.
Hey! I got an idea! Let’s make some new rules. Yippee, that will be so much fun!

rtrooney - 12 February 2018 03:21 PM

This is the process for the CCPTs: [...]

rtrooney  Pan

As always. a pleasant presentation.

Chrissie, you are in charge of the rules. Whatever you say they are, they are.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 12 February 2018 08:57 PM

As always. a pleasant presentation.

Heh. Did you admit you were wrong about Shivers and SCUMMVM? Nope. Silence is your only defense.

Chrissie, you are in charge of the rules. Whatever you say they are, they are.

Who do you think you are? You and isnogood and chrissie and sefir and giom and timovieman and many others wanted RULES. You got your RULES after long deliberations. So now you and isnogood and chrissie and sefir and giom and timovieman and many others should have the decency to remember them and ABIDE by them.

PS: I almost forgot, my vote goes to

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 12 February 2018 09:25 PM

Heh. Did you admit you were wrong about Shivers and SCUMMVM? Nope. Silence is your only defense.

I did.

I’ll take everyone’s word that it works with SCUMM/VM as long as you have the original disc.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 12 February 2018 10:00 PM
Karlok - 12 February 2018 09:25 PM

I did.

I’ll take everyone’s word that it works with SCUMM/VM as long as you have the original disc.

Ah, yes.  Tongue
So you admit that Shivers is in SCUMMVM’s compatibility list?
That Shivers is mentioned on their home page?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I vote Lighthouse

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nominations & voting so far:

Technobabylon (5) - MikeKelly (leader), SoccerDude, br305893, wilco, Lady Kestrel
Shivers (5) - Intense Degree (leader), SoccerDude, crabapple, rtrooney, Lady Kestrel
Shardlight (3) - MikeKelly (leader), dumbeur, SoccerDude28
Lighthouse (4) - rtrooney (leader?), Lady Kestrel, chrissie, diego
St Christopher’s School Lockdown (1) - chrissie (leader)
Grim Fandango Remastered (1) - Bluamy

You have until Tuesday 13th February 8.00 P.M. (CET) to submit your nominations & votes!  Smile

Just over 30 mins to get your nominations & votes in!

If anyone is feeling particularly sadistic please do feel free to cast another vote for Lighthouse to ensure a 3-way tie.  Laughing

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i vote for Technobabylon

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Technobabylon (6) - MikeKelly (leader), SoccerDude, br305893, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Advie
Shivers (5) - Intense Degree (leader), SoccerDude, crabapple, rtrooney, Lady Kestrel
Shardlight (3) - MikeKelly (leader), dumbeur, SoccerDude

You have until Tuesday 13th February 8.00 P.M. (CET) to submit your nominations & votes!  Smile

Just over 20 mins to get your nominations & votes in!

I’ll just wait another 20+ mins to tell you how much I love you Advie - just in case!  Laughing

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll also play Shivers.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Technobabylon (6) - MikeKelly (leader), SoccerDude, br305893, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Advie
Shivers (6) - Intense Degree (leader), SoccerDude, crabapple, rtrooney, Lady Kestrel, diego
Shardlight (3) - MikeKelly (leader), dumbeur, SoccerDude

Just 14 mins to get your nominations & votes in!

How could you diego!  Cry

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top