• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I can absolutely second what Walas has said.

I wasn’t expecting much and the game took hold of me like very few others ever have, rocketing straight into my Top 5 games ever.

Playthrough or not, this game is easily worth a go for anybody/everybody, especially as episode 1 is free.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 11 May 2018 06:24 PM

Thanks. I also read a fairly detailed description of the game on Wiki. It also gave no spoilers and I can’t really call it a review because it was totally non-judgemental. In the last few years there have been several time-travel TV shows that were based on an ability to time travel to change history. I didn’t much care for them because they generally ignored the rule of unintended consequences when the decision to time travel was made. So if I didn’t like the TV shows, chances are fairly good that I wouldn’t like playing a game where I was playing a similar character.

You know that time travel isn’t real, right? It’s science fiction.

I mean if this is really a concern, why doesn’t the fact that ghosts don’t exist not stop you from wanting to play Shivers?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

WTF are you talking about? Since when does not wanting to play a game based on the game’s basic premise become a cause for criticism?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Criticism? Not at all. I was just after some insight into your logic.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My logic was that the theme of time travel without consideration of unintended consequences didn’t appeal to me. Yes, we have had time travel in other games. But none that I recall were of the altering history/future variety.

Now I’m sure there are some games that did this. Just none that I’ve played. And, if I had know about them, I probably wouldn’t have played them either.

Calling me out saying “You know that time travel isn’t real, right?” was a little over the top and condescending at the same time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, in my case I am not trying to convince you to play the game. But I can assure you there is consideration of unintended consequences.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

walas74 - 13 May 2018 09:21 PM

Well, in my case I am not trying to convince you to play the game. But I can assure you there is consideration of unintended consequences.

Then why aren’t you voting for the game?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Because I am not participating in the community playthrough.

I saw you were discussing about that game in particular and I wanted to give respectfully my opinion, that’s all.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

did i miss the time for a new community playthrough fight? or not.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

No fight - just some debate about & clarification of the nature of one of the games!  Cool

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I’ve never played life is strange. had it on my list forever… im not sure i can participate in the playthrough so i don’t know if i should vote xD

fight was entertaining, lol.  i was super curious about that game quantum break as well as far as recent games go… not sure if it qualifies as adventure entirely though.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Shivers (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Doom, rtrooney, Lady Kestrel
Life Is Strange (4) - Mikekelly Leader), Intense Degree, chrissie, Detective Mosely

Thimbleweed Park (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely
The Dame Was Loaded (2) - Oscar, Luhr28
Shardlight (2) - Mikekelly (leader), dumbeur
Danganronpa V3 (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely
Danganronpa 1 (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely

Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist (1) - rtrooney
Lighthouse (1) - rtrooney (leader)
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (1) - Advie
Simulacra (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Beyond Two Souls (1) - Detective Mosely
St Christopher’s School Lockdown (1) - chrissie (leader)

There’s less than 2 days now to submit your votes.

You have until tomorrow (Friday 18th May) 8.00pm CET.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Actually Dangaronpa1 has two votes, not one.

Life is Strange is a VERY popular game, selling in the millions of copies. I’ve played it twice and it is wonderful. Yes, it does involve time travel, but there is so much more to this game than that, I found both the characters and story to be delightful.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Mikekelly - 17 May 2018 06:57 AM

Actually Dangaronpa1 has two votes, not one.

Thanks Mikekelly - fixed!

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’ll bump Thimbleweed Park and The Dame Was Loaded to give them a fighting chance. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top