• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I thank you for that. But with a day or two left to go, and every vote seemingly accounted for, I think your “Vacation from Game Leadership” aspiration is still intact. Again, it seems that one game comes out of the blue. The number of games that have tied for “almost won” is substantial.

At what point does one just stop nominating games that have sufficient support to tie for second place, but not enough support to bring it home?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I haven’t finished the Blackwell series yet, and this would give me more motivation to do so.  So I’ll put a vote in for that.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Man I wish I had more time!

I would happily lead a Blackwell Playthrough, but seeing as I only managed to play about 20 min of the Whispered World on the last one and didn’t contribute to the playthrough thread at all, despite having voted for it, Pan I think it’s safest for everyone if I leave it well alone! Meh

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Sefir - 26 February 2015 07:08 PM

If noone volunteers for leading Scratches, I’ll take that role as a last resort.

I really hope Scratches can get more votes, I would love to participate in a community playthrough for the first time.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Although I’ve fallen way behind on TWW due to house renovations I’m coming into more free time now so I’ll put in for Blackwell and J.U.L.I.A

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

9 The Blackwell Series: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, TimovieMan, Bogi, Becky, Noddy, Detective Mosely, Jabod
8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, wilco, TimovieMan, Becky, Noddy, Jabod
8 Toonstruck: diego (leader), wilco, Bogi, SoccerDude28, Karlok, TimovieMan, giom, Lady Kestrel
7 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), SoccerDude28, rtrooney, Advie, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Bogi
7 Oknytt: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, Karlok, Advie, TimovieMan, Becky, Noddy
7 Scratches: rtrooney, Sefir, TimovieMan, Renacimiento, Lady Kestrel, Becky, Noddy
7 Blade Runner: Mikekelly (leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, giom, Bogi, Noddy
6 Syberia 2: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, Mikekelly, TimovieMan, Becky
5 Ace Ventura: Karlok, Oscar, wilco, Bogi, TimovieMan
5 Zork: Grand Inquisitor: wilco, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, diego, rtrooney
5 Grim Fandango Remastered: wilco, Sefir, rtrooney, Becky, Noddy
5 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco, Noddy
4 Al Emmo: diego (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, TimovieMan
4 Discworld 2: Karlok, Sefir, TimovieMan, diego
4 Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths: Becky (leader), Sefir, TimovieMan, diego
4 The Book of Unwritten Tales: wilco, TimovieMan, diego, Becky
4 Beyond Atlantis: Lady Kestrel (leader), rtrooney, diego, Becky
3 Plundered Hearts: wilco, Karlok, Oscar
3 Riddle of the Sphinx: Oscar, Sefir, diego
2 Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure: Becky (leader), Noddy
1 Maniac Mansion: Oscar
1 Below the Root: Oscar

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I thought only the last Blackwell game is on the menu, now I see it’s the whole series.
Not a chance to go through all of it again, count me out.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I would like to play:
Blade Runner
Tony Tough
Plundered Hearts
Below the Root

I would prefer a non-comedic adventure this time after TWW as I’m also playing TBOUT2. I’m all comedied out!

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Bogi - 27 February 2015 07:56 PM

I thought only the last Blackwell game is on the menu, now I see it’s the whole series. Not a chance to go through all of it again, count me out.

Well you could leave the vote as is. Comment on the games you’ve played when you want to. And participate full tilt in the last game. Nothing lost.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I played the whole Blackwell series less than a year ago so I wouldn’t be participating in it other than perhaps following and/or commenting now and then since it is one of my favourite AG series (with GK and TLJ saga). I don’t mind it winning a bit otherwise either, since I’m still dragging behind with TWW and have so many other things to do.

From the current choices I would be the most interested in The Night of the Rabbit but don’t count it as a vote yet. It’s just the only game I currently have and would be ready to play. Others need purchasing or something else to set up (like finishing a another game or fixing my DS).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Zifnab - 27 February 2015 07:58 PM

I would like to play:
Blade Runner
Tony Tough
Plundered Hearts
Below the Root

I would prefer a non-comedic adventure this time after TWW as I’m also playing TBOUT2. I’m all comedied out!

You do realize Tony Tough is also a comedy?

rtrooney - 27 February 2015 09:05 PM
Bogi - 27 February 2015 07:56 PM

I thought only the last Blackwell game is on the menu, now I see it’s the whole series. Not a chance to go through all of it again, count me out.

Well you could leave the vote as is. Comment on the games you’ve played when you want to. And participate full tilt in the last game. Nothing lost.

I didn’t vote for JULIA because I played it last year, but I’d certainly follow the playthrough from the sidelines and comment from time to time. You’re saying I should vote for it…?

Something about the voting process and voters trying to get other people to play their preferred game is beginning to bug me. I’m not changing my votes now, but I’m not so sure I will vote for the next playthrough. I’m still with Diego: I don’t see anything wrong with unofficial playthroughs for a small number of interested participants. There have been pretty good spontaneous CPs in the past. Lots of people don’t mind playing two games at the same time, the ongoing casual CP being a case in point.

Iznogood has in fact started a spontaneous playthrough. He is playing the game alone, but he invites people to add their comments and join him.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4258

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 28 February 2015 03:25 AM

Tony Tough is also a comedy

I hardly smiled when trying to play it (and I have tried a couple of times).
But it’s (probably) just me, I wouldn’t recognize humo(u)r if it came up (as tapir!), painted itself in pink (or purple?) and jumped all over me.

Someone else said:

Tony Tough is a traditional 2D “point and click” adventure with a crazy story. The humor and style are reminiscent of old LucasArts games, like Day of the Tentacle.

Yeah, sure.

Something about the voting process and voters trying to get other people to play their preferred game is beginning to bug me.

Welcome to the club!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I’d love to participate in another CP, but I do still have a lot of stuff getting in the way of gaming. I wouldn’t mind taking a stab at leading one either, Scratches for example, but I’m afraid of committing to something like that without being absolutely sure I’d have the time. At least I can vote for the ones I’d be interested in joining:

Atlantis 2
Night of the Rabbit
Plundered Hearts
Discworld 2
Oknytt

I’m still with Diego: I don’t see anything wrong with unofficial playthroughs for a small number of interested participants. There have been pretty good spontaneous CPs in the past. Lots of people don’t mind playing two games at the same time, the ongoing casual CP being a case in point.

I agree with this as well. A game like Plundered Hearts will never win in an “official” voting process, but I don’t see why that should stop the four or five dedicated people who’d really like to play it together. It’s not like we want to stop the most voted one from happening.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Put my vote to Toonstruck as well.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

harald - 28 February 2015 05:04 AM

I’m still with Diego: I don’t see anything wrong with unofficial playthroughs for a small number of interested participants. There have been pretty good spontaneous CPs in the past. Lots of people don’t mind playing two games at the same time, the ongoing casual CP being a case in point.

I agree with this as well. A game like Plundered Hearts will never win in an “official” voting process, but I don’t see why that should stop the four or five dedicated people who’d really like to play it together. It’s not like we want to stop the most voted one from happening.

Great! Yeah, Plundered Hearts would never get enough votes. It will be fun to play a text adventure with other people. Smile Zifnab, Oscar, Wilco, how do you feel about an unofficial playthrough at some point in the near future, when it’s convenient for all participants?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top