• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiegrizzlypantsSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 20 February 2015 01:09 PM

b) Syberia 2
It was close in the last voting and I know there were lots of people from the old Syberia AGCP that wait for this to happen. I don’t know if Iznogood is still available to lead.

Sure I will still lead it.

Sefir - 20 February 2015 01:09 PM

a) Blade Runner
According to the recent voting it is a game of excellent quality and few of us have actually played it. Needs a leader.

I would love to play Blade Runner, the only problem and the only reason I haven’t played it yet, is that I can’t get my hands on a copy. So I will at least for now have to pass on it.

Sefir - 20 February 2015 01:41 PM

I also propose The Blackwell Legacy.

Let me suggest that we change that to all the Blackwell games as one single playthrough! Each are fairly short, Epiphany the longest at about 6-8 hours, Legacy the shortest at about 2-3 hours. They also to some degree form one continuous story, not quite as a episodic game but also not quite like normal sequels.

I will even volunteer to also lead this playthrough.

Let me also suggest J.U.L.I.A. Amount the Stars a brilliant game, and a silver award in the Aggies for best remake. And Yes I will offer to also lead this one.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 20 February 2015 03:03 PM

I would love to play Blade Runner, the only problem and the only reason I haven’t played it yet, is that I can’t get my hands on a copy. So I will at least for now have to pass on it.

A single search on ebay brought me in front of dozens of copies on sale….

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

These are games I voted for the last AGCP.

Syberia 2
Scratches
Grim Fandango (Remake)
Beyond Atlantis 2
Al Emmo
The Night of the Rabbit

I’ll also add a vote for J.U.L.I.A.

Question: Are the Blackwell games available as a complete set? Or are they only available individually?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 20 February 2015 04:50 PM

Question: Are the Blackwell games available as a complete set? Or are they only available individually?

The first four are available as a bundle:
http://www.gog.com/game/blackwell_bundle

The last one though(The Blackwell Epiphany) is sold separately

I vote for Toonstruck, The Night of the Rabbit, Zork Grand Inquisitor

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

So, for $30US I can get all five.

In that case, I’ll vote for The Blackwell Series as well.

Although I would make a suggestion. Maybe 20-30 hours of the same game might be a bit much. Maybe it’s possible to do the first three. Take a break with another AGCP. Then come back for the last two. Obviously everyone would have to agree to the sequencing. Most importantly Iznogood, the game leader would have to sign off on the concept.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My votes:
Toonstruck
Ace Ventura
Plundered Hearts Heart Eyes
Discworld 2
Oknytt

I’m against a community playthrough of a game that already had one in the past. There are so many games to choose from! Anybody who wants to replay Zork GI can read the existing CP comments while replaying. It’s not the same thing as actively participating but it’s still fun.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 20 February 2015 08:43 PM

I’m against a community playthrough of a game that already had one in the past. There are so many games to choose from! Anybody who wants to replay Zork GI can read the existing CP comments while replaying. It’s not the same thing as actively participating but it’s still fun.

You have a point and it won’t win so I’ll definitely look into the previous playthrough. I’m having a Zork fever and have to replay it soon Smile

I’ll also vote for J.U.L.I.A and Ace Ventura

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My choices:

Blade Runner - Mikekelly leader

Syberia 2

Hotel Dusk - Mikekelly leader

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

My votes:
Plundered Hearts
Ace Ventura

My proposals:
Maniac Mansion
Below the Root
Riddle of the Sphinx

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

4 Syberia 2: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, Mikekelly
4 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars:Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, wilco
4 Toonstruck: wilco, Bogi, SoccerDude28, Karlok
4 Ace Ventura: Karlok, Oscar, wilco, Bogi
3 Blade Runner: Mikekelly (leader), Sefir, wilco
3 The Blackwell Series: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney
3 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), SoccerDude28, rtrooney
3 Grim Fandango Remastered: wilco, Sefir, rtrooney
3 Plundered Hearts: wilco, Karlok, Oscar
2 Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths: Becky (leader), Sefir
2 Al Emmo: rtrooney, Sefir
2 Scratches: rtrooney, Sefir
2 Zork Grand Inquisitor: wilco, SoccerDude28
2 Discworld 2: Karlok, Sefir
2 Oknytt: Sefir, Karlok
2 Riddle of the Sphinx: Oscar, Sefir
1 Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure: Becky (leader)
1 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly (leader)
1 Beyond Atlantis 2: rtrooney
1 The Book of Unritten Tales: wilco
1 Maniac Mansion: Oscar
1 Below the Root: Oscar

Let the voting begin then. How about we do this a 1-week voting until the end of the month?

Karlok - 20 February 2015 08:43 PM

While I totally agree with you, I remember a case in the past where there was fuss about proposing a game that had a playtrough already (Sanitarium in that case). The answer of the grand majority was. “Nah, put it in the list. If there are indeed people wanting to replay it, they will vote it. If it proves not popular it will not get voted”. Of course, it was voted by very few. I’ll leave Zork GI in for the time being.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I also vote for Ace Ventura

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Night of the Rabbit or Oknytt

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 20 February 2015 03:30 PM

A single search on ebay brought me in front of dozens of copies on sale….

Yeah I know, but I will out of principles/stubbornness/idiosyncrasy not buy a used physical copy and have it shipped half way across the globe.

rtrooney - 20 February 2015 06:28 PM

Although I would make a suggestion. Maybe 20-30 hours of the same game might be a bit much. Maybe it’s possible to do the first three. Take a break with another AGCP. Then come back for the last two. Obviously everyone would have to agree to the sequencing. Most importantly Iznogood, the game leader would have to sign off on the concept.

Hmm… I’m not convinced that would be a good idea. First of all I don’t think 20-30 hours is an unreasonable amount of time, many CP has been for games with a similar playtime, like the two last ones. Secondly I don’t think that we can just agree to pick it up again, without going through a new voting process.

If the majority wants to split it up, then I will still lead it, but I think it is better to play all 5 now as one CP.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Put me down for:

- Syberia II
- J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars
- Toonstruck
- Ace Ventura
- Blade Runner
- The Blackwell Series
- Night of the Rabbit
- Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths
- Al Emmo
- Scratches
- Discworld II
- Oknytt
- Hotel Dusk: Room 215
- The Book of Unwritten Tales

I just hope I don’t overestimate the time I’ll have to play again like I did with The Whispered World (sorry, Sefir)... Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 21 February 2015 10:51 AM

If the majority wants to split it up, then I will still lead it, but I think it is better to play all 5 now as one CP.

Fine by me. I don’t recall there ever being a “packaged” game series before on the AGCP. We’ve done it one on the Casual PT, Enigmatis, and are trying it again with the Drawn trilogy. We’ve yet to see how that one will work out.

So there is some precedent. My concern was that a game series would last for an extended period of time. E.g. longer than two months. And boredom might set in. Me, I’ve not played any Blackwell game before. So it will be fun from start to finish. But for those that have played most or all? Might their patience run short?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top