• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’d like to nominate one game and would be happy to lead it.

The Night of the Rabbit

Though on the outside this looks like an innocent fantasy world with sentient animals, under the surface there is much more going on. The hero, Jerry Hazelnut, yearns to be a magician. It isn’t until he meets the mysterious Marquis—a rabbit much too big to fit in a hat—that he begins to discover the dangers inherent in a magician’s job. Who is behind the horrific threat to the magical world that Jerry has stumbled into? Can the Marquis be trusted? Jerry travels to multiple overworldly locations on a journey of self-discovery before realizing what has to be done to make this world whole once again.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Becky - 23 April 2015 03:16 PM

I’d like to nominate one game and would be happy to lead it.

The Night of the Rabbit

This and only this!.

tho i like all the suggested AGS so far, especially by Izno’s (yea , yea you don’t need to reply to this, as you always Tongue ) ..but except for sinking island i impressed..
but i had just so recently re-re-re-played TMOS, Overclocked and Dreamfall.. and still never replayed TNoTR with all the love i got for it.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry I didn’t have time to get screenshots. When I’m done with the business of life, I’ll grab some. That should happen sometime around the middle of next week.

Anyway, I’m voting for:

Secrets of Da Vinci - available on BFG for a very-reasonable $6.99US
Sinking Island - Don’t know where to get it
Overclocked - Don’t know where to get it
Scratches - I have the Director’s Cut. Don’t know how it differs from the original version
Night of the Rabbit - Available on GOG

I will also nominate:

Al Emmo - There is an updated version of the game available from Himalaya. It’s free if you bought the original game. I don’t think there is any difference in gameplay. Just some new voice acting, and some graphic improvements. Diego volunteered to lead in the last AGCP vote. If he withdraws, I’ll volunteer.

Syberia 2 - I’ll volunteer to lead this one unless someone else wants to jump in.

I’m sure I will have some more votes and/or nominations before the session closes.

Edit: There are two games I would really like to play that were nominated last time. They are J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars and Grim Fandango Remastered. I’ve not played either one so I really shouldn’t be able to nominate them…because I would not be able to lead them.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I will go with games that other folks have nominated, because I won’t have time to lead a game myself. So here goes:

- Night of the Rabbit
- Plundered Hearts
- Sinking Island

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll vote for

Murder in the Abbey
Plundered Hearts
The Experiment
The Secrets of Da Vinci
The Night of the Rabbit

since I have these games and haven’t yet played them.
(Just in case I’d actually be able to stay with the schedule this time.)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I vote for Syberia 2.

I nominate Bladerunner as well. I would lead Bladerunner.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Let’s vote for:

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine!

Why? Because Western adventures can be counted on one hand of the Three Fingered Jack! More importantly, Al Emmo is one of the most explorative games out there, and it features Antonio Banderas!! Well, sort of.

Spycraft: The Great Game!

Why? Because Cold War is relevant again! And it’s a great game! So, blow the dust off your cassette deck, put 99 Luftballons and Burning Heart on the highest volume, and enjoy the intrigue and espionage in one of the most innovative FMVs ever!

Torin’s Passage!

Why? Because it’s the only Sierra game you haven’t played! Go on, admit it! No more waiting, get ready for the adventure of your life!

The Longest Journey!

Why? Because you enjoy long dialogues, don’t you (and women in underwear)? AND, you want to play Chapters, but don’t know a first thing about the series! Take this unique opportunity and don’t feel uncomfortable again next time you go to the Adventure meeting and people start talk about April Ryan!

and last, but not least

Escape from Monkey Island!

Why? Let’s just see how bad it is!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

4 Sinking Island: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, Sefir
4 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, millenia
3 Overclocked a history of violence: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir
3 Plundered Hearts: wilco, SoccerDude28, millenia
3 The Secrets of DaVinci: Kurufinwe (leader), rtrooney, millenia
3 Syberia 2: rtrooney (leader), Sefir, Mikekelly
2 Scratches: Sefir (leader), rtrooney
2 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir (leader), millenia
2 The moment of silence: Iznogood (leader), Sefir
2 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe (leader), Sefir
2 The Experiment: Kurufinwe (leader), millenia
2 Blade Runner: Mikekelly (leader), Sefir
2 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: rtrroney, Sefir
1 Discworld 2: Sefir (leader)
1 Dreamfall: Iznogood (leader)
1 Sam&Max; the Devil’s Playhouse: wilco (leader)
1 Al Emmo: rtrooney (leader)
1 Grim Fandango Remastered: rtrooney

Let the votings begin!!
A stellar number of candidates and many interesting choices. Almost all games have their leaders, which is always a + .
I believe that a 1-week voting (a.k.a. until the 30th of April 23:59 GMT) will be enough.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You’re missing Diego votes and nominations from the bottom of last page, Sefir.

My votes:
Overclocked
The Secrets of Davinci
Murder in the Abbey
The Experiment
JULIA
Dreamfall
The Longest Journey
The Moment of Silence
Blade Runner
Shadow of the Comet

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

and where is my vote for TNotR? Frown

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

6 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, millenia, advie, Lady Kestrel
5 The Secrets of DaVinci: Kurufinwe (leader), rtrooney, millenia, wilco, Lady Kestrel
4 Sinking Island: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, Sefir
4 Overclocked a history of violence: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, wilco
4 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir (leader), millenia, wilco, Lady Kestrel
3 Plundered Hearts: wilco, SoccerDude28, millenia
3 Syberia 2: rtrooney (leader), Sefir, Mikekelly
3 The Experiment: Kurufinwe (leader), millenia, wilco
3 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: rtrooney, Sefir, wilco
3 The moment of silence: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, wilco
3 Blade Runner: Mikekelly (leader), Sefir, wilco
3 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe (leader), Sefir, wilco
3 Scratches: Sefir (leader), rtrooney, Lady Kestrel
2 Al Emmo: rtrooney (leader), diego
2 Dreamfall: Iznogood (leader), wilco
2 The Longest Journey: diego (leader), wilco
2 Spycraft: diego (leader), Sefir
1 Discworld 2: Sefir (leader)
1 Sam&Max; the Devil’s Playhouse: wilco (leader)
1 Grim Fandango Remastered: rtrooney
1 Torin’s Passage: diego (leader)
1 Escape from MI: diego (leader)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 24 April 2015 11:16 AM

Wow. Diego, did you just nominate 4 games (TLJ already had an AGCP btw) of which you are willing to lead none? Frown

I’ll lead ALL!!! The Longest Journey, too. Yeah, it’s been done, but so was Superman in 1978. and look the clowning they’re doing now (seriously, Batman vs Superman??!!!#$#$). I mean, if the game wins fair and square, don’t you think it’s irrelevant whether it already had the playthrough? Wouldn’t that be injustice to the game and players who voted? (And I bet you that if I’d nominate Toonstruck again it would get zero votes. Discworld Noir and Callahan’s would get 1-2 votes. But The Longest Journey…)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I vote for
Night of the Rabbit
The Secrets of DaVinci
Murder in the Abbey
Scratches

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diego - 24 April 2015 12:22 PM

I’ll lead ALL!!!

I know you volunteered to lead Al Emmo in the last AGCPT. I just said I would do it in case you weren’t here. I’ll gladly give it back to you if you wish. I’m already down for S2.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top