• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge!  (Gabriel Knight 2)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Quite an interesting detail from Chapter V - after Gabe discovers the cave and rushes to von Glower, V.G. is sniffing before he turns to Gabe. See here

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

I’m just about to start Chapter 6 now. I’ve had a busy past few days. That said, I’ll let everyone know my progress at the end. Also, in response to Karlok, I’d love to do another one of these. Either The Wolf Among Us or Indiana Jones would be great! Smile

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2006-02-23

PM

If there will be a playthrough of Indiana Jones FoA I would gladly join - I have had GOG version for some time but have not played it yet.

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

I’m just about to start the opera scene—Yay!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m stuck at Chapter 6 for two days. Great. Just when I thought it can’t get worse than Chapter 4. Mini Frown

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Karlok - 15 January 2016 05:46 PM

The Wolf Among Us

I own this game and haven’t played it yet, so Wolf Among Us would get my vote. Smile

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

FINISHED! WHEW… Don’t you think, Gracie?

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

“Don’t you think?” Yep, I finally finished! This was a lot of fun and I hope we do another one of these challenges soon.

Chapter 6 Summary
Best puzzle: Basement Maze Puzzle
Worst puzzle: Trying to find the three parts of Wagner’s Lost Opera
Best character: Gabriel Knight
Worst character: N/A
Best quote: “LET. HIM. GO.”-Grace Nakimura
Best scene: Opera Scene

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I won’t be able to resist Fate of Atlantis. It’s been five years since I last replayed it, and if there’s one game that warrants an occasional replay, then it’s the one that started it all for me…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ah, but we’re NOT voting like in a community playthrough. I won the challenge, I get to decide what the next challenge will be. Now that I know there are at least 3 people willing to play TWAU (I wasn’t so sure there would be any), that’s what we’re going to play. If there had been no takers, FoA would have been a great choice too.

Diego, wilco, are you joining us? Smile

The Wolf Among Us takes 7-8 hours. Eight days should be more than ample. Let’s start tomorrow!

Cool

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 16 January 2016 05:59 PM

Diego, wilco, are you joining us? Smile

I’ll get the game. ONLY because there’re werevolves involved. You know, I could play even a werevolf tetris all day after GK2. I’m not promising I’ll finish it though, nothing after Tales of MI from TTG I managed to get past through the last episode.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m downloading the game at the mo as I’m intending to take part in the challenge but please don’t hold me to it as I’ve got a very busy week ahead ...but hopefully!!!!

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Psyched to play through The Wolf Among Us with you guys. Should we start a separate thread?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This one ran for 11 pages, so I’d say a new thread is not only warranted, but preferred.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 16 January 2016 06:23 PM

You know, I could play even a werevolf tetris all day after GK2.

LOL! I’m sure Bigby aka The Big Bad Wolf and his transformations will leave a lasting impression.  Cool

br305893 - 16 January 2016 07:43 PM

Psyched to play through The Wolf Among Us with you guys. Should we start a separate thread?

Yes, I’ll start a new thread tomorrow. Bedtime for me.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top