• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge!  (Gabriel Knight 2)

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 14 January 2016 05:54 AM

The part that you are missing was also annoying, seriously, what was the point of having the son of writer say he couldn’t share the diary and after that the diary just randomly shows up in the post office? Unless I missed something.

When Grace threw the flower in the lake, she got in touch with Ludwig’s spirit, who made the guy change his mind with his spirity powers. Because predictable causality is not something that matters in the least for adventure game puzzles.

Also, a question about the final chapter - The letter from Van Glower just showed up at the inventory out of nowhere, I think I missed some scene where Grace receives it. Who gives it to her?

I think she mentions that the letter arrived at the castle and she and/or Gerde decided to open Gabe’s mail and not give it to him because he’s a man-child-who-can’t-be-trusted, or something of the sort. I can’t remember when it’s mentioned.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, so Ludwig was obsessed with lilies and swans. I have the lily, and now think I need a swan. But where do I find a swan?! Where’s the zoo when you need it?! And Grace doesn’t want to make one out of the paper.Meh Incredible, I have no recollection of this part of the game at all. Thanks guys, but don’t give me any more hints for now, I’m enjoying this. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 14 January 2016 05:54 AM

Also, a question about the final chapter - The letter from Van Glower just showed up at the inventory out of nowhere, I think I missed some scene where Grace receives it. Who gives it to her?

Surprise! The lady at the postoffice. The same way Grace gets all the mail. Tongue You probably skipped the cut scene by accident. Happened to me several times, just one click during the cut scene and it’s over.

Not a fan of how Gabriel got the locations of the opera in a vision with Ludwig and then told them to Grace, just too convenient.

I don’t agree. The whole setup with Ludwig was carefully built up with Meryl’s tarot cards: Some spirit was trying very hard to get through, etcetera. Gabe’s dream about the swan and the wolf, Grace offering a lilly. Ludwig’s spirit desperately wants to be saved from the curse, it makes perfect sense.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, so I’ve heard some things about the bug in Chapter 4, and I fear I might have hit it. HOWEVER - this patch addresses only missing conversation with Georg, and I don’t think that’s it (I talked with him about the missing opera).

The only two locations still blinking are Rittersberg and Wagner’s Museum. In Rittersberg, I did talk with the Smiths (What do you think, mother?), sent Gabriel a package, exhausted all phone calls, no more topics with Gerde, no more books in library to pick… As for Wagner’s museum, I only inspected and read everything, I haven’t actually picked or used inventory item on something… and there’s no more conversation topics with Georg.

Can someone tell me, without giving me any hints, am I still missing something at this point or do you think it could be a bug?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You are missing something in Rittersberg at this point. [spoiler]You’ll go postal[/spoiler]

Stop chasing swans, it won’t end well! Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 14 January 2016 07:56 AM

I don’t agree. The whole setup with Ludwig was carefully built up with Meryl’s tarot cards: Some spirit was trying very hard to get through, etcetera. Gabe’s dream about the swan and the wolf, Grace offering a lilly. Ludwig’s spirit desperately wants to be saved from the curse, it makes perfect sense.

Ok, it makes sense, I’m just not fan of the supernatural bailout. Since we’ve investigating so much in chapter 4, why not have figuring out the locations through books and letters? Maybe just a little nudge by Ludwig

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 14 January 2016 01:09 PM

You are missing something in Rittersberg at this point

Hmmm… I found the claw marks if that’s what you think. Also, only recently I found these two screens:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, found it. That’s some EXPRESS postal service, eh?  Angry  Angry

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Despite all, I find 4th chapter perhaps the best so far. It’s also the structure of the game, like a roller coaster, the game is “toying” with you - you’re with Gabe in the middle of “an action”, and the comes the peaceful, resourceful chapter… until it all mixes together.

I’m at the hunting lodge right now (yeah I could use a fresh air, after all I’ve been through in the 4th chapter). Perhaps I can still finish the challenge on time.

Karlok - 13 January 2016 09:17 AM

Hint 1: No, you don’t want to be stuck for ever in your own challenge.
Hint 2: The chapter ends in Wagner’s Museum, so you may not have missed a thing.
Hint 3: Lilly.

Thanks for those hints, Karlok. Kiss They’ve been good hints, you should have told me they’re not straight dead hints. And thank you, wilco. Wink (but hey, that swan idea was pretty smart, right? Crazy )

subbi - 14 January 2016 05:38 AM

You must be very, very close Cool

I thought you were gonna hint at something, so I didn’t look. Smile

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

diego - 14 January 2016 05:50 PM

I’m at the hunting lodge right now

That’s where I am too. Going to finish 5 later tonight, and then probably do 6 tomorrow.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

br305893 - 14 January 2016 06:03 PM
diego - 14 January 2016 05:50 PM

I’m at the hunting lodge right now

That’s where I am too.

Hey, how come I didn’t see you? Which room are you in? Grin (sorry, a lame joke)

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 14 January 2016 01:14 PM
Karlok - 14 January 2016 07:56 AM

Ok, it makes sense, I’m just not fan of the supernatural bailout. Since we’ve investigating so much in chapter 4, why not have figuring out the locations through books and letters? Maybe just a little nudge by Ludwig

No, no… what’s all this about not being a fan of the supernatural? You think werewolves are NOT supernatural?? When Gabe turns into a werewolf, the communication with fellow werewolf Ludwig of course gets much easier. I love how he shows Gabe what has to be done.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 13 January 2016 11:55 AM

Today I dreamt Chapter 6 was played in the past controlling Ludwig…

Do you hear that, Jane?! A prequel! Kickstarter!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Chapter 4 summary:

Best puzzle: Calling Chaphill
Worst puzzle: The post office. Again.
Best character: Frau “Sourpuss” Müller
Worst character: Thomas “Troll” Chaphill
Best quote: “Come with me, if you like. If you’re still around… I can go backstage and all sorts of things”
Best scene: Gracie talking German.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Just finished Chapter 5. Some great tension, puzzles and storytelling here.

Chapter 5 summary:
Best Puzzle: Chasing Von Zell through the forest
Worst Puzzle: N/A
Best Character: Von Glower
Worst Character: Von Aigner (Seriously, what was that bathtub scene?)
Best quote: “That’s a big f***** hole”
Best Scene: Chapter 5 ending

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top