• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge!  (Gabriel Knight 2)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 11 January 2016 07:49 PM

I’m still exploring the FRIGGIN’ MUSEUMS! Enough with it!

Took me a while too, diego. It’s probably the Ludwig Museum. It’s easy to miss an area there. I thought I’d seen and read everything, but when I went back and repeated everything I suddenly had a higher score.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 11 January 2016 08:03 PM
diego - 11 January 2016 07:49 PM

I’m still exploring the FRIGGIN’ MUSEUMS! Enough with it!

Took me a while too, diego. It’s probably the Ludwig Museum. It’s easy to miss an area there. I thought I’d seen and read everything, but when I went back and repeated everything I suddenly had a higher score.

That part that has an arrow that goes left behind the picture. Took me a while to get that one.
In the castle I was also missing a hotpot but I’m not sure which one, at some point it jut stopped blinking…

I’m in the hunting lodge now,,, The tension is great in here!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 11 January 2016 08:03 PM

Actually, I think I found the biggest bugger. You’re right, it was in Ludwig’s museum - [spoiler]that black case on the left[/spoiler]. I watched this funny Let’s play (she’s hilarious) to see what am I missing, and spotted the case even before I’ve seen her click on it. It’s funny how sometimes you notice things when it isn’t you who is playing it. Just like going out of game, only to solve the puzzle right when you go back to it.

But I still have things to do at Wagner’s and Neuschwanstein.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You can die in both chapter 5 and 6, wilco. Save etcetera.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Finished Chapter 4 after much museum backtracking. Had to use a walkthrough for this chapter.

Best puzzle: Museum research
Worst puzzle: Tour tape at Neuschwanstein
Best character: Georg
Worst character: Merle Smith
Best scene: Tarot Card Reading

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I’m enjoying this thread a lot. I’ve just replayed the game a couple of months ago and it’s really a lot of fun reading all your comments.

I must say that Chapter 4 must be my least favorite chapter, simply because the gameplay consists mostly of lot of reading and clicking thru pages, walking thru rooms in order to trigger all the needed points so the game progresses. It is interesting nonetheless, especially on your first walkthru, but after so many times, it becomes tedious and there is no way to skip all these parts.

And even after dozens of playthroughs, I can’t seem to get this chapter right just by myself, without using the hint button…it’s so easy to miss just one hotspot or room and the game really doesn’t inform you properly beyond the hint feature.

My favorite chapter on the other hand is chapter 5, which is loads of fun. I won’t spoil anything for those playing for the first time, but you’re in for a treat.

I guess I prefer Gabriel’s investigative chapters to the research ones of Grace, mostly because the gameplay is more fun and Gabriel has better and funnier lines than the somewhat serious Grace.

Thinking about it: My order of preference is probably something like this, from best to worst:
Chapter 5 - Chapter 3 - Chapter 6 - Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 4.

Looking forward to your comments of the grand chapter 5, especially in the hunting lodge and the forest.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

How about these for a lookalikes: Smile

Dallmeier and

German footballer Rummenigge.

Hennemann and

Colonel Kurt von Strohm Smile

Von Zell and

Bruce Dickinson.

Dr. Klingmann and

Sting in Dune. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Priess you maniac! Leave the bathroom!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I looked for the walkthrough for the first time since playing it, because I thought I missed some pixel of Neuschwanstein to inspect, but was very sad to find out that I needed to use Ludwig’s book on the phone. That’s a brilliant, brilliant “puzzle”. The game assumes that you read the book previously, and after the conversation with Dallmeier, you need to check your memory and connect the things. The game doesn’t explicitly tells you Chaphill - you heard about him before, he’s the one who wrote that book you have, and there’s the phone number there like some games would do. Yeah, I didn’t get the diary and the most interesting thing is that I still seem to be stuck in this 4th Chapter (although Neuschwanstein is off - thank God!)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve finished chapter 5

Also agree that its the best chapter (so far).
The cabin in the woods gameplay was awesome but I do wish the first part lasted a little longer. Puzzles were pretty simple but that’s good since it didn’t get in the way of the story like the in last chapter.
After that and despite the low-budget feel the horror parts were pretty well made, (cannibalism? was not expecting that to show up).

And Van Glower is Ludwig’s special friend?!? Twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist

(Why I am using spoilers since I seem the only person in the world that never played this?) Smile

Karlok - 11 January 2016 07:25 PM

Done it before but I just had to try to shoot Von Glower instead of the wolf. It’s a great pity the game won’t let you. I also love how the wolf changes back into a human.

Lol, also tried that, was surprised it was possible to just try it

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 12 January 2016 05:17 PM

I looked for the walkthrough for the first time since playing it, because I thought I missed some pixel of Neuschwanstein to inspect, but was very sad to find out that I needed to use Ludwig’s book on the phone. That’s a brilliant, brilliant “puzzle”. The game assumes that you read the book previously, and after the conversation with Dallmeier, you need to check your memory and connect the things. The game doesn’t explicitly tells you Chaphill - you heard about him before, he’s the one who wrote that book you have, and there’s the phone number there like some games would do. Yeah, I didn’t get the diary and the most interesting thing is that I still seem to be stuck in this 4th Chapter (although Neuschwanstein is off - thank God!)

I agree, it was a good puzzle, clearly the best in the chapter. I think the idea behind the whole chapter was good - exploring the life of Ludwig. The problem was the dreadful way it was designed where exploring becomes a chore with having to click in hotpots and most of the difficulty comes from weird triggers and puzzles.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Wilco,

I envy you….being able to play this for the first time.
I remember how impressed I was back in 1996 when I played this game for the very first time. If only there was a way to forget it all and being able again to play it with a complete fresh perspective.

I have not had a similar experience with any game since….though The Longest Journey and Red Dead Redemption came pretty close ;-)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 12 January 2016 07:29 PM
Karlok - 11 January 2016 07:25 PM

Done it before but I just had to try to shoot Von Glower instead of the wolf. It’s a great pity the game won’t let you. I also love how the wolf changes back into a human.

Lol, also tried that, was surprised it was possible to just try it

It’s not something you’d notice on your first playthrough, but the wolf urges you with its/his head to shoot Von Glower. That’s probably the main reason it doesn’t jump you rightaway. Imagine… the curse lifted and you and Von Zell best friends for life! How cool is that.  Cool

I’ve finished chapter 6. Puzzles are not Jane’s strength, but the last puzzle is surprisingly good and quite hard (for me). Love the intro, best part is of course the opera house and the ending. Even Gabe’s very last line is good, but Grace never fails to annoy me, she’s such a patronizing schoolmarm with her high morals and I’m-always-right attitude, when the things that go wrong in chapter 6 are HER fault. Love Ludwig’s role throughout the game.

Wilco, when yo’ve finished the game, be sure to watch the prologue again. Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Well, for the rest of us we still have 3 full days to finish the job. But I’m hopelessly stuck in Chapter 4. These 3 locations are still blinking:

and I’ve gone through each of the locations carefully. I’m suspecting I still have one call and conversation to make to Rummenigge Dallmeier, but for the life of me I don’t know what I missed in Wagner’s museum. Georg (his name almost sounds like St. George!) doesn’t want to speak with me. Frown I guess I’m failing at my own challenge. But no way I’m looking at the walkthrough again - being stuck in GK2, FOREVER! Yeah, baby! Utopia!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top