• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

TimovieMan - 17 September 2013 03:42 PM
Intense Degree - 16 September 2013 05:27 AM

...based on posture alone, I’m the guy dressed as a moose…

You and me both TimovieBro! Wink

However, I don’t know who’d look better in the pink dress, maybe we’ll have to have some kind of “dress off” at the next meet up!

(Obviously no-one should take any of the choices of character personally! Naughty Tongue I know that all of you are extraordinarily good looking, witty and generous people!) Kiss 

[EDIT] Stupid formating mistake.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Intense Degree - 18 September 2013 04:44 AM

Obviously no-one should take any of the choices of character personally!

Too late now - in your eyes, I’m the evil, nasty, undead skeleton! Cry Crazy

(then again, looking at what Sefir’s got makes for a little comfort)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2990

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m a pig (though not a chauvinist one).

I like it! Smile

Oink!

Iznogood - 17 September 2013 12:51 PM

I also just noticed that Sefir’s and my avatar looks somewhat similar, both with a focus on the eyes.

In this particular shot, the comparison between the clown’s smile and my avatar’s, adds to the effect…

Fantasysci5 - 17 September 2013 11:20 AM

Hahahaha! That’s exactly who I thought I would be. For a minute there, I thought I was making out with Sefir. Tongue

Nah..It’s a big party! Everyone is making out with everyone!  Grin

Intense Degree - 18 September 2013 04:44 AM

I know that all of you are extraordinarily good looking, witty and generous people!) Kiss

Of course we are! Smile
These are just costumes.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

diego - 18 September 2013 04:53 AM

Too late now - in your eyes, I’m the evil, nasty, undead skeleton! Cry Crazy

Well… I didn’t want to be the first one to say it! Naughty  Naughty  Tongue

Now we all know what to wear if we ever have a Caption Competition Meet Up in real life! Laughing

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Intense Degree - 18 September 2013 05:33 AM

Now we all know what to wear if we ever have a Caption Competition Meet Up in real life! Laughing

lol
are you sure about that , hmm ,, anyway it was you who said afterall Sarcastic

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 17 September 2013 04:21 PM

heyyy (with a distant voice) chrissie! with that look of admiration on face you oughta know that it wasn’t my fault Embarassed ..i will make it up to ya Smile

Cheers Advie, a glass of wine would be lovely!(I haven’t got one)& if you give me a bottle I’ll forget about the longer table!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Cheers Chrissie, i Just refilled your vessel   Wink

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fans weren’t exactly pleased with announced Disney’s take on a Star Wars remake.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 15 September 2013 09:35 AM

He came back running, but he realized he was too late. His secret LSD stash was discovered.

“Don’t you dare old man! You won’t win the staring contest by tickling me!”

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Andre: “I know vat you are about to do from your faze exprezion alone Georgie. Please don’t. Spare ze old man behind you! Ze sewer smell from ze alley behind vill not cover you!”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s it! Let’s see:

Armed only with a studied indifference to the wonders of nature, they stared resolutely away from the huge moon and beautiful starlit sky.

Sefir - 19 September 2013 08:35 AM

He came back running, but he realized he was too late. His secret LSD stash was discovered.

Karmillo - 15 September 2013 12:10 PM

You can scowl at me all you want, I’m not gonna pull it.

TimovieMan - 16 September 2013 12:55 PM

The Sixth Sense 2:
George: “I see big faces.”

Great work! You win:

An authentic visit to Montmartre, Paris!

and

A friendly clown!

and

an instructions on how to crush grapes!

Runners-up

Lady Kestrel - 17 September 2013 06:02 PM

chrissie - 15 September 2013 03:01 PM

BRUCE (in pink dress & blonde wig): Oh no I feel so silly! I’ve just remembered the cross-dressing party is next week.

zobraks - 15 September 2013 01:26 PM

kate me - 16 September 2013 11:43 AM

Good job! You win:

The best astronomy song!

and

something to scare the kids - Zombie Guybrush!

and

3 in 1 costume - become a clown, skeleton and wizard at once!

Third place winners

Fantasysci5 - 15 September 2013 12:09 PM

“As the lovers looked towards the future, they missed the rapidly largening moon behind them that was soon going to crash into Earth and make that future very short.”

TimovieMan - 16 September 2013 12:55 PM

Proof of just how scary the Booty Island residents are: the invitation to Elaine’s party stated “Dress code: casual”.

Iznogood - 15 September 2013 11:34 AM

Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

“OK Georgie. I will doo eet. Zen may I af my right arm back?”

You, but also everyone else win:

How to party with a moose!

and

Haircut that will let you sleep at work!

and

The Gandalf Song!

And for the first time in Caption Contest history, we have joint winner of “Stealing the Show”, “Breaking the Fourth Wall” and “Photoshop” Award:

Intense Degree - 17 September 2013 10:28 AM

Everyone thought the competition had been abandoned by the host, but when Intense Degree finally got round to posting the results several weeks later, celebrations ensued!

Excellent! You win - how to host a party! Grin

Thanks everyone!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yay, gold and bronze!!! Cool

Great prices, diego!

I’m not entirely sure my friendly clown is friendly, though. He looks scary (and sounds suspiciously like Tim Curry).

How to party with a moose!

^ Hilarious! Grin

Great captions, everybody!!! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ha! I won IT!!

A great round with excellent captions and prizes.

Total Posts: 5597

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The prizes are excellent, Diego!  The song “Stand by Me” brings back fond (and not so fond) memories of school dances.  I’ve never seen the movie and didn’t realize that a very young Wil Wheaton was in it.  Thanks for hosting this one.  The captions were fantastic!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 September 2013 04:16 PM

The prizes are excellent, Diego!  The song “Stand by Me” brings back fond (and not so fond) memories of school dances.  I’ve never seen the movie and didn’t realize that a very young Wil Wheaton was in it.  Thanks for hosting this one.  The captions were fantastic!

I heartily recommend the movie! It’s one of the great classics of the ‘80s, imo (and one of only 34 films that got 5/5 in my book)! Thumbs Up
Btw, it also features a very young and overweight (!) Jerry O’Connell! Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top