• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 14 August 2013 08:12 AM

The pictures reminds me of Roger Whittaker: Streets of London

They could (almost) fit as illustrations to the song.

It’s Ralph McTell’s song & I much prefer his version - I’m sorry, I just can’t relate his accompanying You Tube videos to the humorous scene in the game, but I haven’t played it!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Leaked picture of a Mystery Game X protagonist, waiting in front of the publisher’s residence.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 14 August 2013 02:56 PM

It’s Ralph McTell’s song & I much prefer his version

I didn’t know that, I just remembered the song and thought the text fitted the pictures.

I’m sorry, I just can’t relate his accompanying You Tube videos to the humorous scene in the game, but I haven’t played it!

I’m not quite sure what you mean?!?

I wasn’t talking about the games the screenshots are taking from, but the pictures themselves and the whole theme of this round, which reminds me of the lyrics in the song.

Edit: And the youtube video I linked to is simply the song, nothing else.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 15 August 2013 07:47 AM

It’s Ralph McTell’s song & I much prefer his version

I didn’t know that, I just remembered the song and thought the text fitted the pictures.

I’m sorry, I just can’t relate his accompanying You Tube videos to the humorous scene in the game, but I haven’t played it!

I’m not quite sure what you mean?!?

I wasn’t talking about the games the screenshots are taking from, but the pictures themselves and the whole theme of this round, which reminds me of the lyrics in the song.

Edit: And the youtube video I linked to is simply the song, nothing else.

Sorry Iznogood, I didn’t mean what I wrote to come across as so curt & abrasive as I can see it is! Also I misread in your post ‘the picture’ instead of ‘the pictures’ i.e. you were referring to all of them & not just the one! (& english is supposedly my first language!!!)

Also I missed a bit out when I mentioned the accompanying You Tube videos - I meant the one’s that go with Ralph McTell’s version - the song is of course about homeless people & so yes! I agree it does fit well with the theme of the round - I just can’t relate it to that last screenshot though!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

He He - Fair enough, misunderstandings happen.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

All my joints froze up waiting for Mr. Degree to post the results of this here contest.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Man on right: Have you seen Intense Degree?

Drunkard: Whatya saaayi… -hic- eh, Immense Free beer?! I looove you, maan!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

‘Officer! you gotta let me go ,i have wife and Kids ... uh and some people are waiting for me to post the results’

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Intense Degree - 01 August 2013 06:54 AM

Intense Degree: “Let me go you morons!! I already told you!! I decide for the results in the caption contest, not the cops contest!!”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wink ok ,i wont give anykind of smart remarks Sefir ... but ,
Intense! ‘Are you There?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Intense Degree - 01 August 2013 06:54 AM

When Intense Degree woke up, he realized that he was bumped in some alley in the Mexican ghetto with a terrible headache. All he could remember was something about “Angry contestants” and “delayed results”....

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

You know, I really need to stop hosting these things because whenever I do something bad happens to me in real life! (And something good). More explanation over on Chit Chat for anyone who is interested.

I hesitate to say “I’ll get the results up tonight/tomorrow” as when I do it often doesn’t happen, but that is the plan and then we can all get captioning again!

Sorry everyone again. Foot in mouth

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hey Intense Degree - just get the results up when you feel ready as it’s just a games site which in the greater scale of life is a little thing & mere trivia!

I saw your post on Chit Chat - & hey I lost both my parents, my job (redundancy) & long-term ‘trusted’ partner, who decided to rob me before he left, in the space of 2 & 1/2 years. One thing happens that floors you & before you’ve had time to stand up something else happens then again & again - I know how you feel!!!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Ladies and Gentlemen of leisure! I have finished bumming around and having tramped through the entries can give you your fabulous:

CAPTION CONTEST WINNERS!

kate me - 06 August 2013 01:34 PM

Laughing

diego - 02 August 2013 07:04 PM

Not only that he was the best manualist he had ever heard, but he was playing with a hand & knee pit.

Lady Kestrel - 02 August 2013 12:36 AM

How to Tell a First-Time Dad from a Bum
1 - Bum: Street dirt   New Dad: Close encounter with a kicking baby and a dirty diaper
2 - Bum: Slept on bench under pigeon roost   New Dad: Burped colicky baby without protective cloth on shoulder
3 - Bum: Traded shaver for wine   New Dad: Discovered babies think it’s fun to throw things on the floor, including shavers.
4 - Bum: No shower available   New Dad: Used baby oil instead of shampoo to wash hair
5 - Bum: Panicked look in eyes when contemplating the cost of a bottle of wine   New Dad: Panicked look in eyes when contemplating the cost of sending baby to college
6 - Bum: Begging to be locked up to stay warm   New Dad: Begging to be locked up to get a full night’s sleep

chrissie - 06 August 2013 09:08 PM

The one-legged medallion man wasn’t very happy on seeing the bum eying up his sock.

You all win:

A nice healthy meal:

A relaxing new park bench to rock you to sleep:

And a nice cool death star ice cube which can be used in any drinks you may come across or simply put down your back in lieu of a shower!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Runners up:

Advie - 01 August 2013 11:44 PM

and it said ..that was the last time Morsi was seen

Iznogood - 02 August 2013 11:26 AM

... So I guess that you didn’t get the memo?!
That undercover bum operation was cancelled 6 months ago.

For Christ sake Dan!
Didn’t anybody notice I was gone!?!
You have been walking past me every day for six months, and haven’t said a word!!!

Yeah ... Well ... We kind of just assumed you had hit the juice again, and was kicked out by your old lady.
Did I mention you got fired 5 months ago?

TimovieMan - 01 August 2013 09:44 PM

“I swear, officer… She told me she was 18.”

Lady Kestrel - 02 August 2013 12:36 AM

Online Shopping for the Homeless:
Let’s see now… I can wear the shirt and red socks as they are, and the green sock will make a decent mitten to match the one I have on.  The briefs are a bit too big, but one of the clothespins should take up the slack, and the padded bra will make terrific earmuffs this winter.  Now if I can just distract the guy in the window, I’ll be all set with a brand new wardrobe.

Prizes:

A meal with a tramp!

A park bench for every size between super skinny and super size!

And finally your very own portal drink cooler/portable shower as you see fit!

Thank you everyone for the entries, which were great as ever. Once again apologies for nearly killing the thread.

Let the next competition commence! (and if I ever try to host one of these again somebody slap me!) Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top