• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I’ll give another 48 hours before the results.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Those are some long hours… or did you mean days? Grin Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oh my God! I killed a thread!

Results coming in a few hours.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 21 November 2013 05:01 PM

Results coming in a few hours.

Oh, not again… Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Finally, it’s revealed why all mob bosses are called “Fat Tony”.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Allow me to present…

chrissie - 18 October 2013 03:50 PM

The new recruit to the fire-service was pleased to have the opportunity to practise sliding down poles - her colleague was praying that she didn’t want to practise fireman’s lifts as well!

TimovieMan - 17 October 2013 04:52 PM

The casting director was over the moon with the actors that had arrived to play the Dalton Brothers in the new Lucky Luke movie. The angry Joe and the big and dumb Averell were perfect. Now he’d only need one more of the middle brothers…

Ingsoc - 28 October 2013 03:41 PM

“Maybe it was a mistake to order a rifle made out of chocolate”

chrissie - 20 October 2013 10:01 AM

The girl who loved her anaemic looking & permanently legless boyfriend had second thoughts on meeting his mother.

Congratulations!!
You win:

1. Lesson 1: How to relax properly. By Cloody the Hare

2. Darth Vader’s Car!!

3. Christmas Decotations!

Runners Up!!

diego - 21 November 2013 05:17 PM

Finally, it’s revealed why all mob bosses are called “Fat Tony”.

chrissie - 20 October 2013 09:49 AM

SALES REP: “Our motto is that scyize matters - for your line of work can I recommend up-grading to our super-deluxe enormous version as I can see that you currently might need that.”

Lady Kestrel - 18 October 2013 05:08 PM

Feeling weak and anemic?  Try our new Ferric Bar!  Guaranteed to make you an Iron Man!

TimovieMan - 17 October 2013 04:52 PM

The ghost didn’t manage to scare her, but that portrait on the other hand…

Well Done!!
You Win:

1. Christmas themed Toilet paper!!

2. Pancakes!!

Thanks everyone for joining the round!!! Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Sefir for posting the round & also for my lovely prizes when there were so many very entertaining captions!

The Darth Vader car came in very handy today when I went to do Christmas shopping & couldn’t find a car-parking space - I merely hovered above a very small vehicle & crashed down on it to secure my place! The Christmas Decotations means I don’t have to go through that old rigmarole of finding my Christmas tree & spending hours hanging [s]useless junk[/s] pretty ornaments on it. I just love pancakes & have eaten them while they were still fresh - mmmmm - yum! I’m saving the Christmas themed toilet paper until Christmas Day - I’m sure after the effects of the Christmas pud kick in it will be gone by Boxing Day!

I’m so grateful for all the prizes but I hate to say I just couldn’t get on with Lesson 1 How to Relax by Cloody the Hare. My bathroom is too small to have tried the sink there so I thought I’d try the one in the kitchen. There I am lying in my sink with my head resting on the stainless steel dish drainer & my legs on my gas hob hoping that the safety flame feature didn’t suddenly cut out. I tried pouring water over myself but only succeeded in flooding the kitchen & consequently my neighbour in the floor below! I’m sorry, I didn’t find it relaxing at all but it was a lovely thought - thank you!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 22 November 2013 09:10 AM

I’m so grateful for all the prizes but I hate to say I just couldn’t get on with Lesson 1 How to Relax by Cloody the Hare. My bathroom is too small to have tried the sink there so I thought I’d try the one in the kitchen. There I am lying in my sink with my head resting on the stainless steel dish drainer & my legs on my gas hob hoping that the safety flame feature didn’t suddenly cut out. I tried pouring water over myself but only succeeded in flooding the kitchen & consequently my neighbour in the floor below! I’m sorry, I didn’t find it relaxing at all but it was a lovely thought - thank you!

Grin

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Woohoo, snatched the prize at the last minute! Love the pancakes… actually, that gave me an idea: was there an adventure game with characters made solely from pancakes? Grin

Good round, everyone! One of my favs in this round is chrissie’s “anaemic boyfriend” - couldn’t think of anything to caption it after reading that Grin

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for a fun round and excellent prizes, Sefir!  Thumbs Up

Chrissie,
I nearly inhaled my coffee while reading your post this morning. Grin

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

w00t! Double prizes! Cool

Once again a lot of great captions, everyone! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hope you’ve relaxed & ate your pancakes, ‘cause we hurry to: Caption Contest #37: The Hanged, The Fat, The Ugly and The Beard 

These late November’s images come from Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, Broken Sword 5, Delaware St. John 4 and Rick Future:

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

His tai chi stances were so bad that his sensei hanged himself.

Fat Tony’s Plan A: slip a roofie in her champagne.
Fat Tony’s Plan B: ask Nico if she also thinks that the rug she’s sitting on smells like chloroform.

This is the face I make when I want to ‘politely’ ask those in front of me with their cell phones out to “kindly put them away, before I do it for them” in theatres…

The very first concept art for a live-action X-Men movie did not do the Wolverine any favours…

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 24 November 2013 07:45 PM

After the actor for the “Godfather: Part 4” forgot the cat for the 5th time, the director commited suicide.

Text: “Behind you sweetie!”

Little is known about the illegitimate son of Santa Claus’s secret love with an Earth elemental.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top