• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

My vote would be for Eternal Journey.  I’ve played it and it’s very good, but it looks like it won’t be the winner.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Dara100 - 17 March 2016 10:22 PM

My vote would be for Eternal Journey.  I’ve played it and it’s very good, but it looks like it won’t be the winner.

I’ll add your vote tomorrow. I, too, think it is a great game. Great puzzles. I also voted for it. It could easily get a few more votes. But only if those who have already voted decide to give it a shot.

My dark horse, which I can’t see making it to the finals is Silver Screen.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 18 March

Happy Day after St Patrick’s Day to everyone! Hope your favorite hangover cures are working.

6 Fright Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky, Lady Kestrel, crabapple,  Iznogood
4 Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Lady Kestrel (leader) furgotten, Tim, Dara100
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader) chrissie
2 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader) Millenia

Fright now has a two vote lead. WE still have a week to go unless the the three day rule kicks in. There are still a few players that are missing in action. Don’t let the three day rule catch you by surprise. Make sure the game you want to play is nominated and gets a vote.

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the
AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of Fright.

I also recommend the CE version of Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen. There is an ending cliffhanger, and the only way to get to a “real” conclusion is to play the CE bonus game. You can read my AGSotD for Silver Screen and the CE requirement here

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 19 March (Last post of the day) No change Day 1

Fright now has a two vote lead. WE have one week to go unless the the three day rule kicks in. There are still a few players that are missing in action. Don’t let the three day rule catch you by surprise. Make sure the game you want to play is nominated and gets a vote.

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the

I also recommend the CE version of Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen. There is an ending cliffhanger, and the only way to get to a “real” conclusion is to play the CE bonus game. You can read my AGSotD for Silver Screen and the CE requirement here

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 20 March (Last post of the day) No change Day 2

OK! If there is no new nominee or vote tomorrow, we will have a winner

Fright still has a two vote lead. We have one week to go unless the the three day rule kicks in. Which will happen tomorrow unless there is a change.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 21 March (Last post of the day) No change Day 3

It would seem we have a winner. We went three straight days with no votes or nominations, so the winner is Fright.

The final vote tally is as follows:

Since we finished the voting five days before the final deadline, I’ll try to get the playthrough up and running by Saturday, 26 March.

If you don’t already have the game, it’s available from Big Fish Games. This is the link for the Collector’s Edition. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)is the link for the Standard Edition.

When you have the game loaded, feel free to play through to the end of the introduction. But play no further! I will ask you to report that you are ready to go when I post the Playthrough thread. Also, read the AGSotD for the game, (link above,) for some general background if you have not already done so.

Looking forward to a great playthrough. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It’s been about three weeks since we finished Fright. There’s an AGCPT going with Resonance, but while we have some regular participants in common, the majority of those players have not participated in a CCPT. And the last of the flash playthroughs (Space Quest,) seems to be about ready to close shop. So I think it’s safe to open up for a new Casual Community Paythrough.

These are the games that were in the running at the end of the last voting period.

Eternal Journey: New Atlantis
Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen
Shiver - Poltergeist

All three had leaders. Lady K for the first, and me for the next two.

While this is a start, there are so many great games out there. I might be mistaken, but I think just about every CCPT we’ve played so far has been a Casual Friday feature. And there have been, I think, 49 of those features so far. So, even if you can’t think up a new game on your own, it’s not as if there isn’t some research material out there you pick out a potential nominee or two, or three.

I always know when I’ve struck a positive chord when TimovieMan posts a comment that says “This would make a great CPT.”

Give it some thought.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! Nothing!

I will take it that we are not ready for another CCPT yet.

See you in a few weeks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Since I can’t buy anything from abroad, due to capital controls restrictions where I live, I’ll have to pass by now… Meh

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Due to warmer weather and a few rain showers I am suddenly about six weeks behind with yardwork. A few weeks later for the play through would definitely work for me.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

We’re on hold then until June 1st. I’ll repost then. Will give everyone some time to hink of their nominations.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

June 1st sounds good.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sorry, Tim, but I am swamped with family and house stuff right now.  Putting if off a couple of weeks is good for me.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! It’s June 1st. So I’m reposting the CCPT voting.

These are the games that were in the running at the end of the last voting period.

Eternal Journey: New Atlantis
Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader)
Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader)

All three had leaders. Lady K for the first, and me for the next two.I’m also nominating Azada in Libro.

I hope everybody had their thinking caps on during the last few weeks. I’m looking for some additional nominations.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I am willing to lead Azada in Libro.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top