• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

szaharici

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Tim—re: Royal Trouble—I don’t believe that there is a CE version.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also don’t think that I will be participating in the next CCPT, a lot of different things going on right now for me + a large backlog of games I need want to play.

But I will be back later.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, we have a winner!

Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Lady K (leader)  with votes from Dara100, Tim, Becky and furgotten

This is a great game with lots of intricate puzzles. I look forward to seeing how Lady K breaks it into playable sections.

On a less positive note. once this playthrough is over, I see a long interlude before the next one starts. On this game alone, we have lost four players. I was kind of hoping Azada in Libro would win so sefir would be able to play/lead and we would have six players.

In addition to the AGCPT, there are now three additional flash playthroughs taking place.

I’m just worn out trying to compete for players.

If someone else wants to take over the CCPT thread, have at it. If not, I’ll probably be back in another month or three. But I find this whole situation to be very frustrating.

Lady K - The start date and other stuff is up to post and send a pin to
TimovieMan.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

These things tend go in cycles, Tim.  Whoever wants to play will do so, and there’s no use getting aggravated about it.  I hope to post the playthrough thread tomorrow.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Just curious—I have an extra coupon code that could be used for a Big Fish game. If I send it to Sefir, could he use it to get Eternal Journey because he isn’t buying it, per se?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t see why not. There is no money changing hands, so there is no need for government intervention.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Thanks! I’ll surely try it.

EDIT: It worked. Count me in.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Yay!!!! Grin

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m glad you’ll be able to play, Sefir.  I need another day before I can put up the playthrough thread.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, here we are on September 1st. It is still warm enough to enjoy a dip in the pool. But there are only a few tomatoes left on the vine. Kids are back in school. While we may still get the occasional summer-like day, it’s officially fall here in the Northern Hemisphere. I’m thinking it’s about time to think about a new Casual Community Playthrough.

Following is the list of games that received at least three votes in the last playthrough voting/nominating process.

Azada in Libro
Royal Trouble
Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (Leader)

All three had a leader, but I need the other two to confirm that they still want to lead the games.

I’m also going to nominate Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala It’s the third in the series, and there is no letdown from the last game. I should also mention that I played the CE version, and think there is sufficient new material to justify the CE. That said, there is a perfectly acceptable ending to the SE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

BTW: Sefir: If there is a game other than Azadz in Libro that you would like to play, I have a BFG coupon I can send to you. It’s only good for an SE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’d like to play either

Azada in Libro
Royal Trouble
Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll take part in Enigmatis 3 & would recommend the CE version as although the SE concludes the game satisfactorily the bonus chapter does fill in some interesting details!  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just finished Enigmatis 3 and could lead it if it wins.  I would also be happy playing Royal Trouble and Final Cut again.  I don’t have anything new to recommend right now.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 2

No new nominations, although I will add a few later.

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting close on either September 15 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie.* This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

4 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, Becky, chrissie
3 Royal Trouble Becky, Tim, Lady Kestrel
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (Leader) Lady Kestrel
2 Azada in Libro Tim, Becky

Sefir had offered to lead Asada and Becky had offered to lead Royal Trouble. I need them to confirm their willingness to do it again.

Per chrissie’s post, I also recommend the CE version of Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala. Also Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen is a very long game. (I’m guessing 8-10 hours for the basic game, and two hours for the bonus game.) The CE bonus game is required to properly finish the game.

* If anyone wants to take over counting and posting votes so that he or she can have the ability to be an authoritarian tie-breaker, please raise your hand. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top