• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Please add me to Royal Trouble.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 13  Only changes are me as Azada leader and a new vote for Royal Trouble.

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting close on September 15. Going three straight days with no new posts is a non-issue. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie.* This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

6 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, Becky, chrissie, furgotten, Iznogood
5 Royal Trouble Becky (leader in October) Tim, Lady Kestrel, crabapple, cluelass
3 Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death cluelass (leader) Tim, Becky
3 Azada in Libro Tim (leader), Becky, crabapple
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (Leader) Lady Kestrel
2 Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein Tim (leader) crabapple

Enigmatis 3 and Royal Trouble are leading. Good chance for a tie if Royal Trouble gets another vote. Otherwise, it’s going to take some real work for any of the remaining games to catch up.

Becky has offered to lead Royal Trouble but only if the game starts in October. It would take some shifting of dates to make that happen, but it’s doable. Particularly if there’s a tie.

Still missing in action: Colpet, uruboo, TimovieMan, among others. Dara100 is on the injured reserve list. I certainly understand why she is not feeling up to the task yet. Get well soon.

Mini-reviews of all the games are available in the AGSOTD thread. Although you may have to look for them yourself. I’ve had little luck posting links to the games. The exception is Azada which also appeared in an AG review as a HO-free game.

Per chrissie’s post, I also recommend the CE version of Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala. Also Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen is a very long game. (I’m guessing 8-10 hours for the basic game, and two hours for the bonus game.) The CE bonus game is required to properly finish the game.

* If anyone wants to take over counting and posting votes so that he or she can have the ability to be an authoritarian tie-breaker, please raise your hand. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 14  No changes.

Tomorrow is the last voting day!

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting close on September 15. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie.* This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

6 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, Becky, chrissie, furgotten, Iznogood
5 Royal Trouble Becky (leader in October) Tim, Lady Kestrel, crabapple, cluelass

Enigmatis 3 and Royal Trouble are leading. Good chance for a tie if Royal Trouble gets another vote. Otherwise, it’s going to take some real work for any of the remaining games to catch up.

Becky has offered to lead Royal Trouble but only if the game starts in October. It would take some shifting of dates to make that happen, but it’s doable. Particularly if there’s a tie.

Still missing in action: Colpet, uruboo, TimovieMan, among others.

Mini-reviews of all the games are available in the AGSOTD thread. Although you may have to look for them yourself. I’ve had little luck posting links to the games. The exception is Azada which also appeared in an AG review as a HO-free game.

Per chrissie’s post, I also recommend the CE version of Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala. Also Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen is a very long game. (I’m guessing 8-10 hours for the basic game, and two hours for the bonus game.) The CE bonus game is required to properly finish the game.

* If anyone wants to take over counting and posting votes so that he or she can have the ability to be an authoritarian tie-breaker, please raise your hand. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I moved to a new house and had no internet connection for the last 10 days. I am in for anything voted for.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, to make things exciting, I’m going to cast your vote for Royal Trouble. Should it win, I have a credit I will send you so that you can play. The credit will also be good for E3, except it will only be good for the SE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 14 We have a tie.

Tomorrow is the last voting day!

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting close on September 15. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie. This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

6 Royal Trouble Becky (leader in October) Tim, Lady Kestrel, crabapple, cluelass. Sefir

Enigmatis 3 and Royal Trouble are tied. Unless there is a tie-break vote tomorrow, we will start the tie-break process outlined above.

Still missing in action: Colpet, uruboo, TimovieMan.

Per chrissie’s post, I also recommend the CE version of Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And we have a winner!

Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala by one vote.

Lady K will get things in order and let us know when the playthrough will start.

This should be fun. E3 is a really good sequel to the first two. I think the discussions will be interesting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It still looks like a tie to me, Tim.  Am I missing something?

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

You are correct. I missed the vote where I assigned Sefir’s vote to Royal Trouble. So I was looking at a 6-5 and not a 6-6. Thanks Lady K, for the 2x4 across the skull! Don’t know what I was thinking.

OK boy’s a girls. We have a tie. Everyone who voted, as well as anyone who didn’t vote, but wants to jump on the CCPT bandwagon is eligible to vote a single vote for one of the two tied games. The games are:

Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala
Royal Trouble

Voting starts today and will last for five days. (Until 21 September.) If there is still a tie at the end of five days, I will decide the winner. (I will not be voting during the tie-break. That’s because if I voted and there was still a tie, and I broke the tie, that would mean I got two votes, which wouldn’t be fair.)

@Sefir - I will send you a coupon once we have a winner. It’s only good for an SE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I vote for Enigmatis 3.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I vote for Royal Trouble

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Enigmatis 3 for me please!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala

And not to rock the boat or cause any discourse or controversy, but…

Sefir - 14 September 2016 07:44 PM

I am in for anything voted for.

rtrooney - 14 September 2016 08:59 PM

Well, to make things exciting, I’m going to cast your vote for Royal Trouble.

...I don’t think that was what Sefir meant Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Enigmatis 3 for me please.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 17 September 2016 05:56 AM

...I don’t think that was what Sefir meant Wink

Unfortunately, or not, that’s the way I interpreted it. If I was wrong, and Sefir wishes to withdraw his vote, then there is no tie and Enigmatis 3 is the winner.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top