• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypants

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Big Fish is having a “Buy one CE, get another for $1.99” sale this weekend.
So if I can find another CE that’s worth getting, I’ll consider Fright.
Maybe Mystery Trackers: Blackrow’s Secret (though I don’t care for the gimmick of having to use a battery-powered contraption that runs out of juice every time you use it)

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I need to add something. I also played the CE version of Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen. The game is very good, right up to the end. The ending is a cliffhanger, and the only way to get to a “real” conclusion is to play the CE bonus game. I consider that to be bad game design. Bonus material means “bonus”! not something that is required to complete the game. It is what it is however.

Keep this in mind when you cast your votes. I’ll add this to the “tally” screen when I post it later tonight.

If nobody noticed, I’ll point out that there were no new nominations or votes today. Pretty sad.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 12 March (last post of the day - Day one no votes or nominations)

4 Fright Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky, Lady Kestrel
3 Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Lady Kestrel (leader) furgotten, Tim
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader) chrissie
1 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader)

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of Fright.

I also recommend the CE version of Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen. There is an ending cliffhanger, and the only way to get to a “real” conclusion is to play the CE bonus game. I consider that to be bad game design. Bonus material means “bonus!” not something that is required to complete the game. But it is what it is.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’ll put in my vote for Fright.
I ended up buying the Fright CE along with the Dark Parables Little Mermaid CE.
Mermaid is not ideal, but I got tired of testing CE’s.
It takes so long to download demos with Big Fish’s sluggish servers—longer than it takes me to decide I don’t want the game.

(13.99+1.99)/2 works out to 7.99 each for the two CE’s.

Fright CE is a big game—a 1.2 GB download—going to take a while to download from Big Fish’s sluggish server. It’s been half an hour already. GOG and Humble are way faster, as was Adventure Gamers Store while it still existed.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 13 March (last post of the day)

5 Fright Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky, Lady Kestrel, crabapple
1 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader)

Fright has a two vote lead, but that means nothing. There are still a lot of players that are missing in action.

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the
AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of Fright.

I also recommend the CE version of Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen. There is an ending cliffhanger, and the only way to get to a “real” conclusion is to play the CE bonus game. I consider that to be bad game design. Bonus material means “bonus!” not something that is required to complete the game. But it is what it is.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Tim—congrats on your 30th! Here’s to the next 30 years.  Laughing

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 13 March 2016 06:55 PM

Tim—congrats on your 30th! Here’s to the next 30 years.  Laughing

Thank you very much. All things considered, I’ll be happy with another 20. Thirty might be stretching things a bit. (See the how old are the gamers poll, and you’ll get my drift. Smile )

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll vote for Shiver again.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 14 March (last post of the day)

2 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader) Millenia

Fright has a two vote lead, but that means nothing. There are still a lot of players that are missing in action. Millenia has checked in. Dara100, Colpet, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Sefir? (I know some of you have expressed elsewhere that “Life” must take a front seat.) And others such as Mike the Wino, (love that name,) and Glom have expressed an interest in learning more about casuals. We have some time before the vote officially closes. But don’t let the three day rule catch you by surprise. Make sure the game you want to play is nominated and gets a vote.

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the

Edit: The AGSotD for Silver Screen mentions the CE requirement, and can be found here.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll be sitting this one out. Adventure gaming will be taking the back seat for a while for me. Hopefully that means it’ll come back strong in a couple of months…

Of course it will. It always does.

Btw, congrats on the 30th anniversary, Tim! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 15 March Beware the Ides of March (last post of the day) Also Day one of no votes or nominations.

Fright still has a two vote lead, but that means nothing. There are still a lot of players that are missing in action. Dara100, Colpet, Iznogood, Sefir? And others such as Mike the Wino, (love that name,) and Glom have expressed an interest in learning more about casuals. We have some time before the vote officially closes. But don’t let the three day rule catch you by surprise. Make sure the game you want to play is nominated and gets a vote.

I also recommend the CE version of Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen. There is an ending cliffhanger, and the only way to get to a “real” conclusion is to play the CE bonus game. I consider that to be bad game design. Bonus material means “bonus!” not something that is required to complete the game. But it is what it is. You can read my AGSotD for Silver Screen and the CE requirement here.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 16 March (last post of the day) Also Day two of no new votes or nominations.

Fright still has a two vote lead, but that means nothing. There are still a lot of players that are missing in action. Dara100, Colpet, Iznogood, Sefir? And others such as Mike the Wino, (love that name,) and Glom have expressed an interest in learning more about casuals. We have some time before the vote officially closes. But don’t let the three day rule catch you by surprise. Make sure the game you want to play is nominated and gets a vote.

I also recommend the CE version of Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen. There is an ending cliffhanger, and the only way to get to a “real” conclusion is to play the CE bonus game. I consider that to be bad game design. Bonus material means “bonus!” not something that is required to complete the game. But it is what it is. You can read my AGSotD for Silver Screen and the CE requirement here.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I will have to pass on this play through. Too much on my plate right now.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I guess I’m ready to join a new Casual Playthrough - Add my vote to Fright.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 17 March

Happy St Patrick’s Day to everyone!

6 Fright Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky, Lady Kestrel, crabapple,  Iznogood

Fright now has a three vote lead, but that means nothing. There are still a few players that are missing in action. Don’t let the three day rule catch you by surprise. Make sure the game you want to play is nominated and gets a vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top