• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleOOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Just in case anyone hasn’t seen it, the Beyond: Light Advent playthrough has been posted and stickied here.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There is still an AGCPT going on, but our CCPT ended a few weeks ago, so maybe we should start a new playthrough. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I give a hearty thank you to Becky for leading out last playthrough, Beyond: Light Advent. (I’m still trying to figure out the significance of that title, if there is any.)

Since there was some turmoil regarding games that ended tied for the lead on the last few AGCPT voting threads, it’s best to get the CCPT rules out of the way. They are very similar to those that are being adopted for that voting process.

The nominating/voting process starts tomorrow, Thursday, 10 March. It will last until Saturday, 26 March, or until we go three consecutive days without a change in the vote count, whichever comes first.

In the case of a tie, all votes are cancelled. Only the tied games are eligible to receive votes. Everyone, including those who didn’t vote during the first round, is allowed one vote for one of the tied games. The voting for this round will last five days, or until no vote change for two consecutive days, whichever comes first.

I will not vote during the tie-break round. If there is still a tie at the end of the tie break, I will cast a vote to break the tie. (This will apply to anyone who leads the nominating/voting process. chrissie? Becky? If you want to do it, you’ve got the power. Smile )

One last rule: Only games with leaders are eligible for the playthrough.

I know this seems like “much ado about nothing,” as Bill would say. But it is a simple way to avoid hurt feelings.

I know I said everything would start tomorrow. But seeing as I already did all of the above, I’m going to give myself a head start. Following is a list of games from the last vote that either received more than one vote or had a leader. I can’t speak for Lady K’s willingness to lead Eternal Journey.

Fright Tim (leader)
Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader)
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis
Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader)

Let the games begin!  Cool

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Voting is now open!!!!! Nominations??? Votes????

Maybe the new “Flash Mob” version of the AG playthrough is taking potential players away from here. Would be a shame, IMO.

But, we’re at the end of day one. No votes. No nominations. Two more days like this and we’ll temporarily close the thread and wait for a better time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

OK, I’ll vote for Fright and Eternal Journey: New Atlantis.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll vote for Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen but will try & take part in whatever is voted time permitting!  Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Real life is pretty busy right now (I’m preparing to celebrate the Christening of my first grandchild) so I’ll just vote for one—Fright.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations Becky!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 11 March 2016 09:49 AM

Real life is pretty busy right now (I’m preparing to celebrate the Christening of my first grandchild) so I’ll just vote for one—Fright.

Congratulations from me as well. I know what you mean. Tonight is our 30th Anniversary.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 11 March

3 Fright Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky
  Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader)
1 Eternal Journey: New Atlantis furgotten
1 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader) chrissie

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of Fright.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I will lead Eternal Journey: New Atlantis if it gets picked.  I vote for that one and Fright.

Happy Anniversary, Tim, and congratulations on your first grandbaby, Becky!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Happy 30th anniversary Tim, WOW!!! it’s nice to hear!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 11 March (last post of the day)

4 Fright Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky, Lady Kestrel
3 Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Lady Kestrel (leader) furgotten, Tim
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader) chrissie
1 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader)

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of Fright.

*Thanks chrissie!  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Home from my Anniversary dinner. Was great, although the Friday night crowd made the restaurant a bit less than"conversation friendly.”

Anyway, these four games are not the only games open for consideration!

I fully expect other games will be nominated, considered and voted upon.

This is, I hope, still a group effort. And will not turn into what is happening with the AGCPT competition. I.e., a flash mob game playthrough every eight days.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Wasn’t “Fright” the game where you recommended the CE over the SE?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

crabapple - 12 March 2016 12:01 PM

Wasn’t “Fright” the game where you recommended the CE over the SE?

Yes. The link to the Fright AGSotD is at the bottom of the vote tally. The explanation of the CE vs SE is there. I think it might be worth getting the CE. But the game is still pretty good without it. It simply gives you an alternative way of looking at the various characters.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top